The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 11)  (Read 445900 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 11)
« Reply #25 on: 18/05/2008 00:02:15 »
Idk we'll see. And i'm gonna get going now. see ya

night Ryan.. good luck young man...keep calm...have fun..be safe!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18/05/2008 00:04:41 »
Well I cry everynight it really don't matter.

Yo...wasssup ?

we all care about you matey !!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: 18/05/2008 04:35:09 »
Neil stop being such a rapest ha.

But ya, I'm tired and I've got a busy day tomorrow, I think I should get going, since I just got back a little bit ago..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18/05/2008 19:25:45 »
Have a good week Ryan.. I may be gone for a while.Please take care. Will try to check in and see how you are.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: 18/05/2008 19:26:36 »
Oh I'll try. You too Karen.

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 18/05/2008 20:17:07 »
What happened to the TNS show tonight? I had clicked on the
right things and all I got was "boring" football so I turned it off and tried several times again.

Anyone know?? Thanks

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: 18/05/2008 21:21:13 »
Not sure, but I did see the watch/listen to the show link on the top of the forum frontpage.

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18/05/2008 21:28:08 »
Not sure, but I did see the watch/listen to the show link on the top of the forum frontpage.

So did I see the Watch/listen thing for the show but not the
the podcast type icon on my IE TNS browser. I can only get last
week's show not tonight's odd.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: 19/05/2008 01:06:38 »
Hum...

School, Track?, Soccer?, Here?

Heck I don't know my schudle for tomorrow at all..ha

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19/05/2008 13:23:43 »
2 weeks left.

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19/05/2008 13:30:54 »
Yeah fun ain't it?

Two sisters, one blonde and one brunette, inherit the family ranch.
Unfortunately, after just a few years, they are in financial trouble. 

In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they need to purchase a bull so that they can breed their own stock.

Upon leaving, the brunette tells her sister, "When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home."

The brunette arrives at the man's ranch, inspects the bull, and decides shewants to buy it. The man tells her that he will sell it for $599, no less.

After paying him, she drives to the nearest town to send her sister a telegram to tell her the news. She walks into the telegraph office, and says "I want to send a telegram to my sister telling her that I've bought a bull for our ranch. 

I need her to hitch the trailer to our pickup truck and drive out here so we can haul it home."

The telegraph operator ex plains that he'll be glad to help her, then adds, It's just 99 cents a word." Well, after paying for the bull, the brunette only has $1 left.

She realizes that she'll only be able to send her sister one word. After a few minutes of thinking, she nods and says, "I want you to send her the word "comfortable."

The operator shakes his head. "How is she ever going to know that you want her to hitch the trailer to your pickup truck and drive out here to haul that bull back to your ranch if you send her just the word "comfortable?"

The brunette explains, "My sister's blonde. The word's big.  She'll read it very slowly ... com-for-da-bul."

Funny stuff right there.
Yeah, and now that you sent it over hotmail I'm going to get it five times over from all the people on my contact list! Dammit!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #36 on: 19/05/2008 21:46:51 »
Dear Diary,

It has been a busy day at Harrod's.  Can I scream now? aagghh! I feel so much better now.  I have ridden the train back and forth and refused to get on it when it was during rush hour.  Poor Carolyn.  She waited along with me patiently as I can't stand to be mushed.  We have managed to get stuck in rush hour two days in a row.  (as I type this I am doing it cross-eyed) I missed some of you here.  The others whom I have met or have met again was definitely a true joy!  I suppose we will be riding the rails again tomorrow as we go to tour some ruins(my fave!)

Well, Ms. Carolyn, Georgie, Neilsy, Helena, John, Steve, and Jenny I have enjoyed visiting with you.  Sorry to have missed you Kenneth, Dansy, and Paul.  Maybe next time when I am out this way, I will see you then.  We will be back soon!

Kisses to the rest of you!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19/05/2008 22:19:47 »
Having a great time here in London....not nearly enough time to do everything I would like to do though. 

Lo is hysterical and so much fun to travel with, but the one sad thing is that my family isn't here with me.  I miss my children, though honestly they would probably not like all the walking we've done.

I miss my husband terribly!  I can't stand being away from him for this long.  Between the difference in time and not having my big bed with my very wonderful and very handsome and very studly husband next to me snoring, sleep is not coming easily for me.  This city is full of strange noises at night!  A few nights ago our fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and scared me half to death....I was REALLY missing hubby then......he always makes me feel safe!  I know I'm being mushy...but....I'm a little homesick.

*sigh*Phone calls home are nice...but it's just not the same as having the arms of the one you love around you.

P.S.  Although Lo is great fun....she is also EVIL!  Most of you know that I'm terrified of birds....they're everywhere here and she takes great pleasure in my terror!  What she doesn't know is that payback is a b****!
« Last Edit: 19/05/2008 22:32:39 by Carolyn »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19/05/2008 22:25:29 »
Dear Diary,

After viewing above note, I have decided to change my ways.  I will find an exotic pet store and buy her a peace offering.  A nice slimy, lengthy exotic reptile, yes, I think that should do the trick! 

I have had a lovely time with Carolyn over here and she is loads of fun.  I just wish I could have captured this on camcorder so most of you could enjoy it too.  Yes, it was a joy to watch her awaken out of her beauty sleep with the fire alarm going off and she thought it was the telephone.  ;-) I was obliged to endure her expression and exclamation over the telephone!  Indeed, someone had to support her through this.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: 20/05/2008 01:08:11 »
Yeah, ultamate frizbe is amazing ha

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: 20/05/2008 13:01:39 »
School, Riding the bus :(, Running push ups and sit ups, then take a shower, eating, working on homework, then i'm going to sit here..the rest of the night..

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 20/05/2008 13:23:41 »
School, Riding the bus :(, Running push ups and sit ups, then take a shower, eating, working on homework, then i'm going to sit here..the rest of the night..
Have fun.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: 20/05/2008 14:30:02 »
Oh don't you worry.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: 20/05/2008 21:12:00 »

Well I went to school, I missed the bus, i'm not gonna run or work out, but i'm working on homework and i'm already sitting here, and i will be eating sooner or later. probaly later.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 20/05/2008 21:30:17 »
Welcome to Diary thread Version 11 !!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: 20/05/2008 21:55:05 »
Yea I was like what? How did I start a diary>? ha

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 21/05/2008 10:49:47 »
Dear Diary,

It is a beautiful day in the Swiss Cottage today!  Time is right around the corner and I am trying to catch it at the "moment"

We had a lovely day in St. Albans yesterday and it was a treat, um, no pun intended here, as we were in the Hotel Chocolat...hehe Yes, we bought up loads of chocolate as I loved'ed'ed it! (Sorry chocolate overload) We spent this time with Georgie and he was a delight to visit. 

One of my favourite parts of our trip yesterday was hearing Carolyn scream while we had a lovely drive in the country.  ;-)

Have to run now as time has now caught up with me!

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 21/05/2008 10:59:32 »
Moofire that sounds great and I am glad that you are enjoying the UK so much with your OH. Swiss Cottage is a nice place I agree and I know it sort of.

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 21/05/2008 11:05:23 »
Yes, it is nice to be close to friends.  I always enjoy the UK when I am here.  I plan to meet one of my colleagues from Xerox as she worked in Canada and I in the USA.  Have you ever visited St. Albans? It is lovely as well.  I love architecture and enjoy viewing older buildings.

Moofire that sounds great and I am glad that you are enjoying the UK so much with your OH. Swiss Cottage is a nice place I agree and I know it sort of.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 21/05/2008 11:15:17 »
Dear Diary,

It is a beautiful day in the Swiss Cottage today!  Time is right around the corner and I am trying to catch it at the "moment"

We had a lovely day in St. Albans yesterday and it was a treat, um, no pun intended here, as we were in the Hotel Chocolat...hehe Yes, we bought up loads of chocolate as I loved'ed'ed it! (Sorry chocolate overload) We spent this time with Georgie and he was a delight to visit. 

One of my favourite parts of our trip yesterday was hearing Carolyn scream while we had a lovely drive in the country.  ;-)

Have to run now as time has now caught up with me!

You were not supposed to mention the chocolate we purchased!!!  Now I'm gonna have to share it with Nic!  Thanks!

St. Albans is a gorgeous little town.  Spent the entire afternoon with George (Another Someone), who did a fantastic job being our tour guide.  I wish all of you had the opportunity to get to know George like we do.  He is wonderful and a rascal.....I have pictures to prove it, though he probably wouldn't give permission to post them.  He let me take a few pics of him posing next to lingerie mannequins!  His laughter is frequent & infectious.  He's a big cuddly teddy bear of a man, but his driving scares the s*** out of me!!!!  He took us for a drive on some beautiful TINY little country roads.  The scenery was stunning..... unfortunately.....I was more concerned with how fast he was driving down all of those winding roads.  He seemed not to mind nearly crashing in to several cars, but I was mortified!  Hearing Lo in the backseat laughing did not help ease my anxiety.  I did take some consolation in the fact that all of Loretta's laughter caused her to have lots of pain in her sides!  At one point I truly thought I was going to die.  He passed someone ...on this tiny road..... and another car was coming toward us.  I threw my hands over my eyes and screamed "Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God" and Lo nearly peed herself laughing! 

She is a little warped.  She takes great pleasure in my terror.  Oh well.....I'm glad I can be a source of entertainment for her.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 21/05/2008 11:15:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums