The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 11)  (Read 446057 times)

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
DIARY ENTRIES & GENERAL CHAT !!!!!!! (VER 11)
« Reply #600 on: 24/07/2008 19:25:32 »
Yeah, just got done cleaning the living room and my room.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 24/07/2008 20:48:05 »
well those are  good acomplishments for the day... nice job Ryan! have a ood trip today!

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 24/07/2008 22:53:30 »
I have had an extremely long day having only slept for 4 hours last night then the trains that I went on. Where stuffy, humid as the
Air Conditioning didn't work.

My Dad still looks ill but he'll get better I hope.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 24/07/2008 23:15:43 »
Sorry your ride was so long and stuffy.. and I wish you had had a longer amount of sleep..

I too hope your Dad gets well soon..

Rosalind make sure you get plenty of rest tonight  and take things easy for a while.. This emotional stress can really bring a person down and I would hate to see you get sick. Do take care of yourself...and try to rest a bit.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #604 on: 25/07/2008 05:37:35 »
I lied about that fire. Some trucker hit a gardrail and it like "exploded" ha.

We got our new truck :). We'll be taking pictures of it, it vs the old one. Its a 04 trailblazer. alot better then our 93 blazer ha.

I'm really tired ha. Night

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 25/07/2008 12:11:22 »
Oh my sorry bout the truck driver... Did he make it?

Thats  really scarey.. hope he is alright!

Well congrats on the new trailblazer! How was the trip?

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 25/07/2008 12:31:29 »
Sorry your ride was so long and stuffy.. and I wish you had had a longer amount of sleep..

I too hope your Dad gets well soon..

Rosalind make sure you get plenty of rest tonight  and take things easy for a while.. This emotional stress can really bring a person down and I would hate to see you get sick. Do take care of yourself...and try to rest a bit.

Karen thank you so much and yes I did have a nice long sleep of about 10 hours last night, but I've decided that if I feel tired through the day then I'll go offline and have a nap, in my cool home.

I do hope that my Dad gets better in time, I am sure that he will.
Only if he does all the things that my brothers and I have recommended that he takes it easier, then he's independent and intends to go to his allotment. I think it's only to pick his veg and fruit.

How are you? Rested?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 25/07/2008 13:26:00 »
Glad you rested Rosalind and glad you are taking care of yourself!
Naps are great when you can get them.. they help a lot!

Does your dad like to garden? I take it he has a garden plot he likes to tend to.. I hope he does well also. Sometimes gardening has a good healthy effect on us when we are ill. I would think if he is careful and with your watchful eyes on him that all will be well...

I slept last night for 6 hours and am well  at this phase .. no worries.. You take care.. Rosalind and relax and rest!

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 25/07/2008 14:52:07 »
Karen, yes my Dad does like gardening and he has only had the allotment since last year but in the home that I was brought up in,
he had a terraced garden, he gave it loads of TLC.
No digging needed now. I hope that he doesn't need to dig as it'd
be too much for him.

I will take care of myself, that is nice of you to be so concerned about me, Thanks x

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #609 on: 25/07/2008 19:12:27 »

I'm not sure.

And ya it was a long one. We went to Cleveland to get it (3 hours there and 3 hours back). Worth it though.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 26/07/2008 13:24:07 »
Karen, yes my Dad does like gardening and he has only had the allotment since last year but in the home that I was brought up in,
be too much for him.

I will take care of myself, that is nice of you to be so concerned about me, Thanks x
My mom was gardener to....She had the greenest thumb and she loved doing it... I remember sitting with her for hours planting new flower beds' tending the hundreds of cactus in her cactus garden, and planting and harvesting vegetables from the garden..... I never actually did the canning' although I have canned a few times, she did it all the time.... we rarely shopped for groceries...for years even the milk came from the cow up the road.. Then she started having the milk man deliver it fresh every morning in those old glass bottles...
any way she pretty much provided all our food with chicken and ducks as well as eggs...My brother always fished for them.. they liked fish... not me.... She did by pork and beef products
 when we had them... not often though...
we always had Lemon, Plum, Apple, Pear, and Cherry, and Peach trees. She grew Boysen Berries, Raspberries, Logan Berries, Yellow Raspberries,Strawberries, ,and we had several Huckleberry bushes and tons of Blackberries(which grew wild) She loved gardening I loved the results....Lol.....I do not have a green thumb..

Your welcome!  I do hope you all feel better soon and am glad you are minding the shop..( taking care of yourself) :) :)
« Last Edit: 27/07/2008 01:42:07 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 26/07/2008 14:15:40 »

I'm not sure.

And ya it was a long one. We went to Cleveland to get it (3 hours there and 3 hours back). Worth it though.

Well thats good that it was worth it. I  like to take drives like that.. but we have done it very few times in my life....

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 26/07/2008 17:58:04 »
be too much for him.

My mom was gardener to....She had the greenest thumb and she loved doing it... I remmber sitting with her for hours planting new flower beds' tending the hundreds of cactus in her cactus garden, and planting and harvesting vegetables from the garden..... I neer actually did the canning' although I have canned a few times, she did it all the time.... we rarely shopped for groceries...for years even the milk came from the cow up the road.. Then she started havingthe milk man dteliver it fresh every morning in those old glass bottles...
any way she prety much provideyd all our food with chicken and ducks as well as eggs...My brother always fished fo them.. they liked fish... not me.... She did by pork and beef products
we always had lemon, plum, apple, pear, and cherry, and peach trees. She grew boysen berries, raspberries, logan berries, yellow raspberries,stawberries, ,d we had several hucklberry bushies and tons of blacberries(which grew wild) She loved gardening I loved the results....Lol.....I do not have a green thumb..

Your welcome!  I do hope you all feel better soon and am glad you are minding the shop..( taking care of yourself) :) :)

Karen what a lucky daughter you are with your Mum but since I was brought up in London and the space for type of gardening didn't exist then so Mum and Dad couldn't grow their own fruit, veg or tend their own animals for food. Pity though but hindsight doesn't really work, I've got great memories although.

I am fine now and have spent a lot of yesterday also today just having lazy, sleepy days. I'll be ok by Sunday with another lie-in.

Plus following the final day of the Tour de France and the riders with their sexy bums.

I had to shop but then it's a short walk. Otherwise I'd have no meals for the weeked. LOL LOL

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #613 on: 26/07/2008 20:29:39 »
Long day of helping mom get organzied after a few busy months at work today. 8-2. It felt good to help out.

Gonna get everything packed for vacation tonight so we can just get up eat and leave tomorrow morning hopefully with no problems. Ha

Then after all of that and doing the rabbits i'm going to go watch a movie with kayla.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 27/07/2008 01:39:13 »
be too much for him.

My mom was gardener to....She had the greenest thumb and she loved doing it... I remmber sitting with her for hours planting new flower beds' tending the hundreds of cactus in her cactus garden, and planting and harvesting vegetables from the garden..... I never actually did the canning' although I have canned a few times, she did it all the time.... we rarely shopped for groceries...for years even the milk came from the cow up the road.. Then she started having the milk man deliver it fresh every morning in those old glass bottles...
any way she pretty much provided all our food with chicken and ducks as well as eggs...My brother always fished fo them.. they liked fish... not me.... She did by pork and beef products
we always had lemon, plum, apple, pear, and cherry, and peach trees. She grew Boysen berries, Raspberries, Logan berries, Yellow Raspberries,Strawberries, ,and we had several Huckleberry bushies and tons of Blackberries(which grew wild) She loved gardening I loved the results....Lol.....I do not have a green thumb..

Karen what a lucky daughter you are with your Mum but since I was brought up in London and the space for type of gardening didn't exist then so Mum and Dad couldn't grow their own fruit, veg or tend their own animals for food. Pity though but hindsight doesn't really work, I've got great memories although.

I am fine now and have spent a lot of yesterday also today just having lazy, sleepy days. I'll be ok by Sunday with another lie-in.

Plus following the final day of the Tour de France and the riders with their sexy bums.

I had to shop but then it's a short walk. Otherwise I'd have no meals for the weekend. LOL LOL

Yes I was.. I loved my mom. She was pretty cool..

It must be hard to be so far from your Dad at this point... would be nice to share some good quality time with him in his little allotment when he is feeling better! Sorry the trip is so far for you to make.. very tiring..I am sure.. Rosalind.. do you mind me asking how old you are?.. I am 47 next month 48.. and sometimes you say things that make me think we are really not to far from the same age!

Its good you have your shopping done! You won't starve besides.. who can eat with a view like you will have this weekend! LOL..

Glad you feel better enjoy the "TOUR DE BUMS" and have sizzling weekend!!!!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 27/07/2008 01:48:15 »
Long day of helping mom get organzied after a few busy months at work today. 8-2. It felt good to help out.

Gonna get everything packed for vacation tonight so we can just get up eat and leave tomorrow morning hopefully with no problems. Ha

Then after all of that and doing the rabbits i'm going to go watch a movie with kayla.

Cool Ryan.. Do have a really good time.... Have fun watching the movie with Kayla.. and you all have a safe trip! I will miss you while your away!

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #616 on: 27/07/2008 04:14:06 »
Don't worry. I will have very much fun..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 27/07/2008 05:52:12 »
YAYYYYYYYY! I am happy about that! Bye Ryan.. safe trip!

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 27/07/2008 12:31:23 »

It must be hard to be so far from your Dad at this point... would be nice to share some good quality time with him in his little allotment when he is feeling better! Sorry the trip is so far for you to make.. very tiring..I am sure.. Rosalind.. do you mind me asking how old you are?.. I am 47 next month 48.. and sometimes you say things that make me think we are really not to far from the same age!

Its good you have your shopping done! You won't starve besides.. who can eat with a view like you will have this weekend! LOL..

Karen no I don't mind you asking me about my age, I'm 53.
I loved my Mum as well but she died 20 years ago, I miss her loads. I have phoned my Dad today and he says that he's fine now. I'm not sure.

I am ok and rested now so back to the normal Rosalind that you all know. I hope LOL. 
I doubt that I'd starve if I've got bread and butter also couscous. I don't have that a big appetite really. I do like my food all the same specially the summer fruits and salads. All that I make myself so if I burn it. I have myself to blame (ironic joke)
Today is the final of the Tour de France/Bums. Better not tell Turnipsock LOL.

It is a hot day here in London.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #619 on: 27/07/2008 15:34:38 »
haha see you all when i get backk

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 27/07/2008 17:23:19 »

Karen no I don't mind you asking me about my age, I'm 53.
I loved my Mum as well but she died 20 years ago, I miss her loads. I have phoned my Dad today and he says that he's fine now. I'm not sure.

I am ok and rested now so back to the normal Rosalind that you all know. I hope LOL. 
I doubt that I'd starve if I've got bread and butter also couscous. I don't have that a big appetite really. I do like my food all the same specially the summer fruits and salads. All that I make myself so if I burn it. I have myself to blame (ironic joke)
Today is the final of the Tour de France/Bums. Better not tell Turnipsock LOL.

It is a hot day here in London.

I thought you were pretty close to my age also... I was right... within 5 years..

Yes my Mom passed away of Cancer in July 9,1993....My Father passed in 1961, my step father 87!

Thats good news about your Dad feeling better!

I love summer fruits and Salads too. I love bread also...

Just eat it carefully!

Yes that would not be good to burn your summer fruit and Salad! LOL..

No Problem.... Have fun today!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 27/07/2008 17:27:57 »
haha see you all when i get backk

OK Bye Ryan! Have big fun!

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 27/07/2008 18:04:39 »
Thanks Karen and I do eat carefully because I only have a nice healthy diet with the odd treat.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 27/07/2008 18:07:45 »
Thats really good.. I wish I had been so good when I was younger! One Tends to think they are invincible when young, and I was definitely young! A long Time ago! LOL..

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 27/07/2008 21:01:37 »
Thats really good.. I wish I had been so good when I was younger! One Tends to think they are invincible when young, and I was definitely young! A long Time ago! LOL..

Yes my teens are such a long time ago, I dread to think of them realising how much I've changed since and "grown up".

Life changes so much and sometimes for the better then again the worse.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #624 on: 27/07/2008 21:01:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums