The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: If we're spending millions on finding a cure for AIDS, why haven't we found one yet?  (Read 24054 times)

Offline _Stefan_

• View Profile
    • My Photobucket Album
Are you saying that since you've had so many diseases, you have AIDS? Did you ever think you could be unresistant to those pathogens due to your genetics and lifestyle? And since when did AIDS last for such a short period of time and then disappear?

Offline rosy

• Neilep Level Member
  • Chemistry
    • View Profile
Just because someone has a deficient immune system doesn't mean that they have AIDS.

Offline blaze

• View Profile
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome is a symptom - a collection of symptoms - not a disease.

If your immune system collapses and you are HIV positive, you have AIDS.

If your immune system completely collapses, yet you don't test positive for HIV, even though you are dying from immunodeficiency and multiple opportunistic infections, you don't have Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. Got it.

It reminds me of how I was diagnosed with 'fibromyalgia' (which means something like fibrous muscle pain) and 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' - instead of Lyme and radiation poisoning. Seems like a play on words here.

You wouldn't call 'runny nose' a diagnosis, would you?

Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and yeah, even AIDS - they are all just a collection of symptoms with fancy names that sound intelligent (and subconsciously justify the cost of what we pay to see a doctor), yet obscure the fact that doctors are clueless as to what really causes any of them.

And the red ribbon they have now is proof that they are committed to finding a cure for AIDS patients - just like the pink ribbon is a sign of their commitment to find that cure for breast cancer.
« Last Edit: 26/10/2008 02:10:24 by blaze »

Offline _Stefan_

• View Profile
    • My Photobucket Album
Haven't you heard of non-HIV AIDS? Google it.

If you don't have non-HIV AIDS, then you probably have a weak immune system due to some other reason. Please stop jumping to the conclusion that HIV does not cause AIDS just because you did not experience it to. But if you're so confident that HIV is not responsible for AIDS, by all means inoculate yourself with the virus and see what happens.

You're here disagreeing with scientific consensus with absolutely no basis. You will not find much sympathy towards your opinions on this >science< forum. Cheers.

Offline blaze

• View Profile
Non-HIV AIDS? Come on now. That just sounds stupid.

And I've been eating healthier within the last 3 years or so than I'd ever eaten, and certainly healthier than most people eat today, yet still two of my four immunoglobulins remain low - the very ones that fight things like Lyme, staph, strep, candida, etc...

And when did I ever say I wanted anyone's sympathy here? I'm here to argue possibility, bounce theories - what scientists should be doing, but they end up being side-tracked by those who believe all that was to be learned in a certain subject area has already been learned - so they just keep moving on, never questioning those things that supposedly were already 'proven' by someone else.

Science needs more people like me. They've been looking for the causes and cures for so many diseases for ions now, and they still come up empty-handed, even with the billions and billions of dollars that have been spent.

I'd agree to be innoculated with the HIV virus, but only if I was shielded from all man-generated sources of EMF/RF. Because that is what makes the HIV virus fatal. And that is why I have "non-HIV AIDS" as you call it, even with high titers of parvo, EBV, and HHV6 - and no HIV.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums