The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Mercury fillings alert - FDA, ADA exposed in groundbreaking lawsuit  (Read 4336 times)

Offline NobodySavedMe

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 112
    • View Profile
Mercury fillings alert - FDA, ADA exposed in groundbreaking lawsuit


"The FDA has been successfully sued by Consumers for Dental Choice, forcing them to reclassify mercury amalgam fillings by June, 2009. This is the beginning of the end for the decades-long conspiracy between the ADA and FDA to protect the mercury fillings racket and implant neurotoxic chemicals into the mouths of children, teens and pregnant women".


read the full story here:-

www.naturalnews.com...

It is feared the FDA with their co-conspirators the ADA will try to stonewall or delay this.


And that's exactly what just happened. Consumers for Dental Choice teamed up with Moms Against Mercury (www.MomsAgainstMercury.org) to sue the FDA and its commissioner whose name sounds like an evil-minded villian right out of a Marvel comic book: Von Eschenbach. The lawsuit, entitled, Moms Against Mercury et al. v. Von Eschenbach, Commissioner, et al was concluded earlier this week with a reluctant agreement by the FDA to both change its website on the issue of mercury and to reclassify mercury within one year, following a period of public comment (which the agency will no doubt try to drag out as long as possible in order to avoid actually sticking to the terms of the lawsuit agreement).


I urge everyone to write to their congressman to get it implemented and the FDA disbanded or replaced as the officials appear to be corrupt and get rewarded via golden handshakes by those whose interests they protect.


We must not let these scumbags stonewall us any further.Remember all the people who have been injured,disabled and killed by these corrupt officials.


 

Offline Bored chemist

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 8665
  • Thanked: 42 times
    • View Profile
Can you really not tell the difference between a liquid, like mercury, and a solid, like dental amalgam?


One is clearly toxic and everyone concerned knows that.
The other isn't toxic, or at least isn't very toxic. If it were then I and a whole lot of other people would be ill or dead.
 

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2331
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
 

Offline NobodySavedMe

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 112
    • View Profile
Can you really not tell the difference between a liquid, like mercury, and a solid, like dental amalgam?


One is clearly toxic and everyone concerned knows that.
The other isn't toxic, or at least isn't very toxic. If it were then I and a whole lot of other people would be ill or dead.




#  Any of various alloys of mercury with other metals, especially:

   1. An alloy of mercury and silver used in dental fillings.
   2. An alloy of mercury and tin used in silvering mirrors.

# A combination of diverse elements; a mixture:



"The other isn't toxic, or at least isn't very toxic. If it were then I and a whole lot of other people would be ill or dead."

Give it some time.

It certainly seems to have dulled your faculties and made you into a establishment lackey.

Maybe you should take up the mercury swallowing challenge on offer.
« Last Edit: 08/06/2008 00:05:28 by NobodySavedMe »
 

Offline Bored chemist

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 8665
  • Thanked: 42 times
    • View Profile
"Give it some time"
How long? I have had some of these fillings for 30 years or more- that's about half the typical lifespan of a human. The simple fact is that the fillings are still there, so they cannot be poisoning me.

As for "It certainly seems to have dulled your faculties and made you into a establishment lackey."
I think your paranoia  about the establishment is a more typical sign of mercury poisoning than my ability to analyse data critically.
I don't know what mercury swallowing challenge you are on about but liquid mercury used to be used as a laxative- the patients lived. At least part of the reason is that it worked as a laxative so it wasn't in the body for long.
 

Offline NobodySavedMe

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 112
    • View Profile
"Give it some time"
How long? I have had some of these fillings for 30 years or more- that's about half the typical lifespan of a human. The simple fact is that the fillings are still there, so they cannot be poisoning me.

As for "It certainly seems to have dulled your faculties and made you into a establishment lackey."
I think your paranoia  about the establishment is a more typical sign of mercury poisoning than my ability to analyse data critically.
I don't know what mercury swallowing challenge you are on about but liquid mercury used to be used as a laxative- the patients lived. At least part of the reason is that it worked as a laxative so it wasn't in the body for long.

Then why did they stop using it for a laxative then?
 

Offline Bored chemist

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 8665
  • Thanked: 42 times
    • View Profile
Price probably.
 

paul.fr

  • Guest
Isn't this the same stuff the esecallum was spouting on about? The only difference being better grammar, and no cats.
 

lyner

  • Guest
BC
I don't know whether I can bring myself to address an 'Establishment Lackey' (an epithet to be cherished) but your argument that 30 years of exposure ain't done you no 'arm can be countered with the fact that the only harm you might be aware of would be death. How do you know that your performance has not been impaired all these years? I'm not sure that I would be aware of my own powers suffering from my fillings; just think- I could have been brilliant.

I know we're in the realms of Loopy Science, here but a lot of people claim to have been 'cured' of chronic problems by having the mercury fillings removed.
I take your point about different different compounds of elements having wildly different properties but chewing and eating will constantly be exposing a fresh surface to a whole range of chemical substances. Some diets could well contain components which could combine with surface mercury atoms and produce different, absorbable, compounds.
When you think of how dangerous mercury is when used to extract Gold and when used in traditional gilding techniques. It forms an amalgam in just the same way and with a very similar metal to Silver. The only difference may be  the actual temperatures involved.
 

Offline Bored chemist

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 8665
  • Thanked: 42 times
    • View Profile
"the only harm you might be aware of would be death"
Err, no. Ignoring the likelihood of me being aware of my own death (I'm not ghostwriting this you know [xx(]), the symotoms or mercury poinsoning are well documented
(insert text pinched from wiki)
Common symptoms include peripheral neuropathy (presenting as paresthesia or itching, burning or pain), skin discoloration (pink cheeks, fingertips and toes), edema (swelling), and desquamation (dead skin peels off in layers).

Because mercury blocks the degradation pathway of catecholamines, epinephrine excess causes hyperhidrosis (profuse sweating), tachycardia (persistently faster-than-normal heart beat), mercurial ptyalism (hypersalivation) and hypertension (high blood pressure). Mercury is thought to inactivate S-adenosyl-methionine, which is necessary for catecholamine catabolism by catechol-o-methyl transferase.

Affected children may show red cheeks and nose, erythematous lips (red lips), loss of hair, teeth, and nails, transient rashes, hypotonia (muscle weakness), and photophobia. Other symptoms may include kidney disfunction (e.g. Fanconi syndrome) or neuropsychiatric symptoms (emotional lability, memory impairment, insomnia).


Now while I might go nuts and not notice it; I can rule out the other symtoms. I don't have mercury poisoning.
Also can I just shift the emphasis in one of the things you say?
"a lot of people claim to have been 'cured' of chronic problems by having the mercury fillings removed."

Yep, and the research cited in the other thread on this topic didn't show any evidence that this claim was valid.

"When you think of how dangerous mercury is when used to extract Gold and when used in traditional gilding techniques. It forms an amalgam in just the same way and with a very similar metal to Silver. The only difference may be  the actual temperatures involved."

Hang on. I pointed out that NobodySavedMe was overlooking the difference between a solid and a liquid. Do I now need to do the same for a liquid and a gas?
Boiling the mercury out of amalgams is a dimwitted thing to do without propper ventilation etc. However if someone were to heat my teeth to the boiling point of mercury (300 and something C) I don't think the mercury would be my biggest problem.
The teeth get ground down and so do fillings but the amalgam is pretty much inert- it just goes through the gut.
It's certainly possible for other things in the diet to encance the solubility of mercury- this was one theory about Naploean's death, it's also possible that there are fairies at the bottom of my garden. But back in the world of real science there's no evidence of it. Not even when people go and look.
BTW, would someone please tell my boss I'm an establishment lackey. I work for  "the establishment" in so far as I'm a civil servant, but they think I'm a rebelious union official.
« Last Edit: 09/06/2008 20:13:58 by Bored chemist »
 

The Naked Scientists Forum


 

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
 
Login
Login with username, password and session length