The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: HAPPY THANKSGIVING  (Read 2959 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
« on: 23/11/2004 20:49:54 »
to all American people. I understand this time of year you say thanks for all sorts of things..

so HAPPY THANKSGIVING  for the 25th enjoy your Turkeys and Pumpkins and stuff !!

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

Offline WantingToLearn

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING
« Reply #1 on: 23/11/2004 22:51:52 »
*Thinks really hard when the 25th is then notices that there is a date on neileps post*

A friend is someone who knows the tune in your heart, and will sing it back to you when you forget the words

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24/11/2004 15:15:36 »
Penile,
Thanks for the wishes.  You are much more in tune to our holidays than I am to yours, but then, that's very American, isn't it?  At any rate, Thursday will be a feast day for sure.  The favorite talk among women is our Thanksgiving menu.  See Chris, there's a reason why we're so obese.  We talk about food a lot.  I just found out on the radio today that the phenomena of the fried turkey is only in the south.  Leave it to us to find the most fattening way....

Offline Raedon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25/11/2004 08:03:31 »
Pumpkins? :)

1621..  quite the year.

There were 91 native americans at the first Thanksgiving and 52 Pilgrims.  

I can understand the whole thing beyond the mass food and leftovers.. mmm.. leftovers.. Ahm.. because half the explorers didn't survive the first winter and the rest probably would have followed if the natives didn't show those Mayflower morons how to survive.

Offline Raedon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25/11/2004 08:19:17 »
There was no national holiday until good ol' Honest Abe made it one in 1863.  It was the last Thursay until 1941 when congress moved it to the fourth to get it a week farther from X-mas...

just thought I'd add that.

I'm thinking we should move new years to Feb 1st to spread out the holidays a bit more.

It is good to be alive! It's impossible I'm here but here I am.. and I rock!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 25/11/2004 08:19:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length