The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Scalar Electromagnetic Weapons  (Read 4533 times)

Offline Les the Scientist

• View Profile
Scalar Electromagnetic Weapons
« on: 10/12/2004 14:01:05 »
I stumbled across the article mentioned below and wondered if any of you think is is true ?  Or is it just another of those crazy internet stories ?

http://www.nulpuntenergie.net/diversen/scalarwaves.htm [nofollow]

Offline realityengineer

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Scalar Electromagnetic Weapons
« Reply #1 on: 15/02/2005 11:14:00 »
without dirverting too much of my attention towards the article, i can say false based on the following:

"longitudinal (LW) electromagnetic (EM) waves"

Electromagnetic waves are transverse.
« Last Edit: 15/02/2005 11:14:58 by realityengineer »

Offline realmswalker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17/02/2005 23:58:56 »
Well, my father works for the goverment (i cant tell you what exactly he does here) but he has a topsecret clearence and we often chat about what type of techonolgy there is right now. There is nothing like what you described, but there are plane based lasers for anti air and anti ground. There are laser based navigation devices on subs, there are anti incoming missile lasers on tanks. They arent really used yet (might still be in testing) but soon will be (he said that by 2008 they will be widly used).

Offline gsmollin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18/02/2005 00:34:34 »
Yes, electromagnetic waves are transverse. The premise of the article is that this "longitudinal" EM wave has all these sinister capabilities. Frankly, the whole thing sounds like a grade B science fiction movie plot.

The laser projects are real. The anti-missile laser is a mid-band infrared laser, the submarines use a blue-green laser. Lasers have transverse wave light.

Offline realityengineer

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18/02/2005 03:41:06 »
on further reading much of its contents are actually humorous.  If true, it would mean someone has mastered superstring and is using it for a military application.

sharkeyandgeorge

« Reply #5 on: 07/03/2005 12:53:39 »
I dont know any thing about the electromagnetic weapons apart from arnie films ie eraser but didnt the american goverment once build fluctuating laser weapons that induced permenant blindness by searing the retinas

again very sorry for the spelling

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 07/03/2005 12:53:39 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums