The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why do I feel like I've done this before, even though I haven't?  (Read 8243 times)

Offline Polaris

• View Profile
have you ever experienced this? like,when you are in a situation that you feel you've already been there,but in fact you never were there. like when you have dinner with some guy,you feel you already did that before,but in fact you guys just met yesterday!

i dont think its "beforelife", but what is it?

Mod edit - formatted the subject as a question.  Please try to do this to help keep the forum tidy and easy to navigate - thanks!
« Last Edit: 23/07/2008 13:53:46 by BenV »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
It's called deja vu.

paul.fr

It's called deja vu.

I'm sure you have said that before  :D

paul.fr

After Quasimodo’s death, the bishop of the Cathedral of Notre Dame sent word through the streets of Paris that a new bell ringer was needed. The bishop decided that he would conduct the interviews personally and went up into the belfry to begin the screening process.

After observing several applicants demonstrate their skills, he had decided to call it a day when an armless man approached him and announced that he was there to apply for the bell ringer’s job.

The bishop was incredulous: “You have no arms!”

“No matter.” said the man, “Observe!” And he began striking the bells with his face, producing a beautiful melody on the carillon.

The bishop listened in astonishment, convinced he had finally found a suitable replacement for Quasimodo. But suddenly, rushing forward to strike a bell, the armless man tripped and plunged headlong out of the belfry window to his death in the street below. The stunned bishop rushed to his side.

When he reached the street, a crowd had gathered around the fallen figure, drawn by the beautiful music they had heard only moments before. As they silently parted to let the bishop through, one of them asked, “Bishop, who was this man?”

“I don’t know his name,” the bishop sadly replied, “but his face rings a bell.”

Offline Polaris

• View Profile
thank you so much paul!
but is that related to dejavu?

paul.fr

thank you so much paul!

Sometimes I think nobody understands humour. Dejavu, "that rings a bell"...get it?

Offline Polaris

• View Profile
thank you so much paul!

Sometimes I think nobody understands humour. Dejavu, "that rings a bell"...get it?

sorry Paul! my bad,but forgive me my first language isnt english,i have problems like this all the time:(

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Polaris - to say "that rings a bell" means it is familiar. For instance, you may say "Do you remember when John had a green Volkswagen?" to which someone may reply "That rings a bell". In other words you've made them remember something.

paul.fr

sorry Paul! my bad,but forgive me my first language isnt english,i have problems like this all the time:(

Not a problem. Most people fail to understand my humour.

Offline Polaris

• View Profile
Polaris - to say "that rings a bell" means it is familiar. For instance, you may say "Do you remember when John had a green Volkswagen?" to which someone may reply "That rings a bell". In other words you've made them remember something.
thank you Beaver!!!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length