The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What are dreams ?  (Read 10646 times)

Offline shodashi

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://prakrutiyoga.com
Re: What are dreams ?
« Reply #25 on: 12/09/2005 12:27:39 »
Persons who have realized their souls and work on it by practicing meditation regularly for just half 45 minutes everyday can have sound sleep without getting any dreams. After that they can day dream but cannot dream in the night even if they want to. Sleep walkers also stop walking in the night and start behaving normally in a short period once they practice meditation.

Helping people to realize their souls/ spirits, meditate by teaching them meditation free of cost

Offline hairie

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kuroyuki.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: 14/12/2005 17:08:14 »
Dream is just a part of our sleep. some sort of play in our sleep. and talk about dream... I never thought that I'm gonna dream that!! I think it was my worse dream ever..

My dream started with a guy standing in front of my house and he leaned against the wall really close to the front door. And me is there hiding behind the door and tell him to go away. My father glared to me as a signal to tell him to go away. And that guy lift his head and got my eyes. I still saying no to that guy. He is inviting me out for dinner and go dancing after that... I was shocked to find out that guy was my-my enemy...    

and I do tell my bestfriends about my dream and now, that dream become true.. and for that I laughed at myself because I have heard people said that is we tell other people about our dream, and it can come true.. I never believed to that but now I really believe it!

ROBERT

« Reply #27 on: 21/12/2005 15:06:27 »
I often dream I am being attacked by dogs, however this is explainable without resorting to psychoanalysis: my neighbour lets her pedigree dog out at 7am, it barks incessantly, (pedigree=inbred=insane).
« Last Edit: 21/12/2005 15:32:57 by ROBERT »

Offline qazibasit

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23/12/2005 10:08:20 »
you got the answer now there is nothing for me to say. Just that in REM sleep we dream in 4th dimension.

Offline NewBill

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01/10/2006 15:00:25 »
Since posting here a year ago I noticed that I wasn't recalling dreams for quite some time.  

My oldest is at University now and like many no doubt, he is dealing with the paralyses that sometimes occurs as some deadline approaches, I call it performance anxiety.  My view, which I shared with him, is that things that were hard to do in the past, such as public speaking, job interviews, and performance in school never entirely go away.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that one develops strategies for proceeding that limits the stress damage and increases the performance.

The dreams:  Shortly after this conversation I awoke one morning at the end of a dream about joining/enrolling in some kind of institute in an exotic location.  This particular one was a quazi military educational institute.  I exhausted myself in all manner of strategies to avoid anyone discovering that I was there as a fraud, what kind of fraud I am not quite sure, but it had to do with my ability to meet the minimum performance.  I realized that I have had many variations on this dream going back some years and had never conciously caught anything more than whatever exotic images accompanied the setting.

I believe that the realization of these dreams was brought about by my wishing to help my son deal with his anxieties.  I wish I conciously knew about these concerns earlier though.  It is annoying to realize that my subconcious had a different opinion.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #29 on: 01/10/2006 15:00:25 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums