The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How do our five senses tie in with chemistry?  (Read 7438 times)

Offline Bishadi

• View Profile
How do our five senses tie in with chemistry?
« on: 24/07/2008 03:19:30 »
Try combining the idea of the The five senses, to what is occuring scientifically.

Don't be too surprised as it may share just how the branches of the sciences are a little shy of giving us a straight answer as to 'how it works.'

There is sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch.

In observing the 5 senses, scientifically there are a few items to suggest that even share a very unique phenomenon.

With sight, we are capturing light from an exchange between mass.  In that the energy is light identified within the electromagnetic spectrum but only a small sliver of the whole array.   

What to observe is the light is passing through or being exchanged with the air between the observer and the item observed but still no matter is exchanging between the light and the eyes.

With hearing, we find that an impact can cause a sound wave to convey, again upon mass in which the concussion is being absorbed for the ears to exchange that energy into usable form but mass is still not exchanging with the ears or passing through into the body.

With smell; an aromatic molecule is captured by the nose and the energy is exchanged between them structures and the receptors but very little is retained and like always, once we done with the exchange, we release it back into our environment.

Taste:   is quite similar to smell, the taste buds capture a little energy from the mass entering the mouth and if we like it, we consume the food but little stay with the taste buds for long.

Touch; is the easiest, the pressure upon an interactive conveys a signal suggesting an interaction at the focal point but again no matter comes into the body.

Each of these is pretty well established and recognized as the core interactive methods a person uses to exchange with it environment.   Energy is captured from the surrounding and converted into usable information.

The point is, that since a person is alive within its environment, not a one interaction is an electrical exchange between his environment (naturally) and the body.

Such that this same applies to most all animals, plants, fish and most all microbes of life.   So basically all living mass is exchanging in a manner that contradicts the ideas of chemistry.

In chemical representations all living forms exchange electrical potential. 

Like charges of positive and negative ions rather than observing the resonance of the energy itself.

To observe the 5 senses, then each can recognize for themselves how to observe some of the unanswered questions about how mass (life) interacts with its environment.

Great item to look up is entanglement;  then find if you received energy from a source or of the environment of that source, than you are entangled to that event in time. (like a memory which can cause a reaction again)

i.e… think of a concert…..  all heard the same, entangled to the event in time.

Food for thought

Mod edit - formatted the subject as a question.  Please try to do this to help keep the forum tidy and easy to navigate - thanks!
« Last Edit: 24/07/2008 08:47:40 by BenV »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: How do our five senses tie in with chemistry?
« Reply #1 on: 24/07/2008 03:34:53 »
Stephen Fry on Qi: Humans have between 9 and 21 senses, not 5...

feature=related
« Last Edit: 24/07/2008 03:38:50 by RD »

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24/07/2008 18:41:17 »
Bishadi,

What??

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24/07/2008 19:24:20 »
It may not happen often but I find myself agreeing completely with Alan McD on this.

Just one point (which is enough to kill a theory)
"Each of these is pretty well established and recognized as the core interactive methods a person uses to exchange with it environment.   Energy is captured from the surrounding and converted into usable information."
In general, where I am in the North of England, I am warmer than my environment. Anything I touch is warmed up by contact with my skin. Similalrly if I inhale some odourous molecule the exhalle it again I warm it up. In both these cases (and most others) I impart energy to my environment not the other way round.

The reverse idea (as put forward by Bishadi) is plainly wrong.

lyner

« Reply #4 on: 25/07/2008 00:41:34 »
Five Senses is a typical simplification, along the lines of "Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet" and "solids liquids gases". Once you have learned it you should start to think beyond it, if Science is important to you.
"Taxonomy is the enemy of Understanding": discuss.

Offline Bishadi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25/07/2008 02:19:28 »
It may not happen often but I find myself agreeing completely with Alan McD on this.

Just one point (which is enough to kill a theory)
"Each of these is pretty well established and recognized as the core interactive methods a person uses to exchange with it environment.   Energy is captured from the surrounding and converted into usable information."
In general, where I am in the North of England, I am warmer than my environment. Anything I touch is warmed up by contact with my skin. Similalrly if I inhale some odourous molecule the exhalle it again I warm it up. In both these cases (and most others) I impart energy to my environment not the other way round.

The reverse idea (as put forward by Bishadi) is plainly wrong.

hate me for 2 items;

suggesting 'chemistry is a joke'

and 'life abuses entropy'

now i have zero credibility with you guys OK.......

The five sense ARE pretty well understood as to how we interact with out environment.

sorry.... if you couldn't read that.

as well, after you are done warming up everything; be sure to eat, or you will die.

Point of the thread was that energy is what we absorb and not by absorbing ionized particles (for the chemistry people) and is a joke in comprehension.   Ask me why in another thread. This is about the 5-6 senses....  :>:>:>

Light (em) is the energy upon mass; everytime!

lyner

« Reply #6 on: 25/07/2008 12:41:17 »
just how the branches of the sciences are a little shy of giving us a straight answer as to 'how it works.'
Really?
Are you suggesting that Magic is involved, somehow?
As to the reticence to give a 'straight answer', there isn't 'an' answer but a range of types of sensor, using a range of different energy inputs.
Perhaps we could have your 'correct' version of their detailed function?

Offline Bishadi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25/07/2008 15:17:33 »
just how the branches of the sciences are a little shy of giving us a straight answer as to 'how it works.'
Really?
    Really!  i.e...  hydrophilic and hydrophobic is basically opposing structures based on resonance, not water/oil "properties"...... 

and the best way to prove it is simply 'change the temperature'  (resonant or energy state) of the structures.

Are you suggesting that Magic is involved, somehow?
  like an anti christ; no magic or the word phenomena to be in use...

don't do magic

As to the reticence to give a 'straight answer', there isn't 'an' answer but a range of types of sensor, using a range of different energy inputs.
Perhaps we could have your 'correct' version of their detailed function?
  that is what is nice about sharing the senses....

each line item can be drilled down, and if you are honest you will find yourself realize just how bad much of what we believe is incorrectly defined in the sciences.

lyner

« Reply #8 on: 26/07/2008 00:02:02 »
OK so Science has got things all wrong. But what can you say (in a coherent way that actually makes sense) which can tell us all where Science is  actually wrong? It must be concise and complete - not just a load of 'arm waving' if we are to take it seriously.
Try it; it will prove to be harder than you seem to think.

Offline Bishadi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26/07/2008 00:47:00 »
Plancks constant; no ability to address environment/entanglement.

L or amplitude is defined in fixed points of angular momentum.

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26/07/2008 20:13:59 »
Re.
"Really!  i.e...  hydrophilic and hydrophobic is basically opposing structures based on resonance, not water/oil "properties"...... 

and the best way to prove it is simply 'change the temperature'  (resonant or energy state) of the structures."
Hydrophilic and hydrophobic interactions are well understood and it has nothing to do with resonance.
Stop talking nonsense.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #10 on: 26/07/2008 20:13:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums