The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What are the best ways to save energy in the kitchen?  (Read 5248 times)

Offline Telescopeyed

• First timers
    • View Profile
I think that going green is really important and that the little things can make a huge difference for the environmental cause.  As something kinda unique, I thought Id share this tidbit.  Someone gave me a Foldtuk container recently, and I really enjoy the thing a whole lot.  I mean, its collapsible, dishwasher safe bakeware that goes from the freezer to the oven without thawing!  But I digress off topic.  The thing is, the Foldtuk actually cooks faster and more evenly than other cookware or bakeware products.  So this is a great way to save energy! Have a great weekend!
« Last Edit: 04/10/2008 15:29:48 by chris »

Offline Shreyas

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: What are the best ways to save energy in the kitchen?
« Reply #1 on: 11/09/2008 05:57:25 »
Here item may include our habits. We generally use to cook food more than it need like deep frying the things and bioling lots. That habit kill the nutrition value and consume more energy. We should include green things and fruits in our diet.
In spite of these, soilar cooker and other mean can also save enough amount of energy.

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Re: What are the best ways to save energy in the kitchen?
« Reply #2 on: 04/10/2008 15:29:21 »
What is a foldtuk?

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
What are the best ways to save energy in the kitchen?
« Reply #3 on: 04/10/2008 15:34:28 »
Become a vegetarian.

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #4 on: 04/10/2008 19:27:52 »
Become a vegetarian.

How does that help?

Most pulses have to be boiled or simmered for hours before they are ready to eat. Although, cooking in a pressure cooker quickens the cooking. Unless you are constantly eating uncooked vegetables then they too need cooking. I could use less energy cooking bacon and eggs than cooking for the same vegetarian nutritional intake.

The best thing I have and would recommend is a "slow cooker" Its very economical on power, uses 110w max and is left on all night or day. You could make a hay box slow cooker which don't use any power at all. The other item would be a pressure cooker.

Using a microwave I think is also more economical.

Offline techmind

• Un-obfuscated
    • View Profile
    • techmind.org
« Reply #5 on: 05/10/2008 00:06:33 »
This is more advertising / comment-spam.
There's a lot of comments on the web in a similar style mentioning the same product (admittedly different wording in the detail) complete with a web-link which are again first-posts of new-members on forums...
« Last Edit: 05/10/2008 00:30:10 by techmind »

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/10/2008 00:24:15 »
Have we been suckered again? If so can telescopeyed please save all our energy and not post again.

Offline techmind

• Un-obfuscated
    • View Profile
    • techmind.org
« Reply #7 on: 05/10/2008 01:06:24 »
Yep. This is an "SEO" (Search-Engine Optimisation) campaign put together by BeSprout - shown in their portfolio at http://www.besproutseo.com/portfolio.asp  (the top-left picture in the bank of 8 indicates this client).

We are not amused.

Step 4: Link Building

Inbound links, outbound links, and internal links from one page to another within your site are all critical to success in search engine rankings. We'll create internal links to make it easier for search engines to find and understand the content on your pages. We'll also create external links to other relevant websites, and we'll work to get relevant sites to link to yours. Our link building strategy is customized for each client and blends traditional website linking with social networking to give your website maximum exposure.

Internet Marketing, also referred to as online marketing, Internet advertising, or eMarketing, is the marketing of products or services over the Internet. At BeSprout, our Internet marketing team blends creative and technical aspects of the Internet, including design, development, advertising, and sales.

We allow companies to reach a wide audience for a small fraction of traditional advertising budgets. Thus, businesses have the advantage of appealing to consumers in a medium that can bring measurable results quickly. Nearly all aspects of an Internet marketing campaign can be traced, measured, and tested. BeSprout can determine which messages or offerings are more appealing to the audience and use this to target an audience interested in your products and services.

Complaints to

BeSprout SEO
3951 Westerre Parkway,
Suite 260
Richmond, VA 23233

besprout@besproutseo.com
« Last Edit: 05/10/2008 01:09:47 by techmind »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 05/10/2008 01:06:24 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums