The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is biomimetics and how does one get into it?  (Read 2648 times)

Offline briannatrax

• First timers
    • View Profile
hello-
my name is brianna traxinger and i am a senior in acnhorage alaska. i love biolgy and science and wnt to go into a career that combines biology with some sort of engineering...so when i read the national geographic article about biomimetics, i got so excited i couldnt sleep. i knew right then that was what i wanted to do. but from what ive gathered, you can approach the field from different careers and angles...i would say im am more into biology and would prefer to have a job that weighs heavier on that end...some sort of field or actual designing job would be awesome. so if you could give me any information on biomimetics, or wht types of majors and careers i could use to get into it, i would greatly appreciate it. i really think i have found my perfect combination of biology and engineering, but i am not sure how to approach it. thanks again-
brianna traxinger
« Last Edit: 27/08/2008 23:58:08 by chris »

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: What is biomimetics and how does one get into it?
« Reply #1 on: 27/08/2008 13:14:49 »
Go for it my friend, so very few of us are able to combine our passion with that of our work

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
« Reply #2 on: 27/08/2008 18:09:40 »
You'll probably need to have a look at octopuses at some point.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 27/08/2008 18:09:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums