The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How do cells know where to go and what job to do in the body?  (Read 4023 times)

Offline madman4x4

• First timers
    • View Profile
i am working on an essay. and i could use a little hlep with the tech side of my theory this is my first draft.

Telling your cells what to do.
By:
Kevin M Gardner

Can a Cell be told what to do, were to go and how to shape itself? And if it can what would the outcome be for humanity?

Imagine cancer cells, little cells in your body that go nuts and reform, these cells are called renegade cells, I have read that cells communicate with each other although I can not say for sure that they do but for the time lets say that they do.

Now my theory is that we can tell our cells what to do, I do not mean we can physically talk to the cells in our body, but we can give our cells a map. A map that tells our cells how to form and how to act Much like the ear that was grown on the back of a mouse. Now I am no biologist nor am I a doctor. But I try to keep myself educated enough to keep an open mind when science shows me pictures of mice with a human ear and nose growing on there back. In nature lizards lose their tail because of an accident or a predator thought he could make a lunch of him have grown the tail back. This is something I remember scientists being fascinated about and because of that we are now seeing the beginning possibilities of humanity growing limbs that have been lost. I do not know how far along this science is but I hope that it is not to far away.

Imagine not having to go to the eye doctor to get laser eye surgery. Instead imagine being able to sit in a chair and have your cells told what to do to reform themselves so you can see without glasses.

If we could tell our cells were to go and what to do what medical breakthroughs could we accomplish, would we be able to tell our immune system to attack the AIDS virus? Would we find the cure for cancer? Would we be able to stop the ageing?

Can we look at a person with healthy cells and use that as a map for putting unhealthy cells back in order? I believe that we can. I also believe that it would not just apply to humans and animals, but also plants.
« Last Edit: 19/09/2008 22:47:21 by chris »

Offline madman4x4

• First timers
    • View Profile
i am a new user to this forum and i did not notice that there was a place to post a theory so if a moderator sees this post could you pleace move it to the proper thred. also forgive the use of bad grammer i was on patrole all night and have not had any sleep befor i got to thinking about this subject. thankyou

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums