The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is there any mathematical proof of the existence of God?  (Read 40910 times)

Offline Jesusdpm

• First timers
    • View Profile
A Prodigious Mind behind the numbers !!!

This link will leave something unprecedented !!!

In this blog does not sell anything, nor do any advertising or donation is requested in order not to hamper the dissemination of Truth.
WARNINGS Anyone who obstructs or make impediment in the dissemination of the contents of this blog, will be safely accused of Divine Justice

[Link removed - see below]

Thank you
« Last Edit: 11/02/2009 12:56:59 by BenV »

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any mathematical proof of the existence of God?
« Reply #1 on: 05/09/2008 13:27:00 »
We have asked you before not to post topics that contain nothing but a link to another site.  The link will be removed, and should you wish to discuss the science of your suggestion you are welcome to do so.

I'll start the discussion for you.  In my opinion, numbers have no religious significance.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/09/2008 14:51:30 »
We have asked you before not to post topics that contain nothing but a link to another site.  The link will be removed, and should you wish to discuss the science of your suggestion you are welcome to do so.

I'll start the discussion for you.  In my opinion, numbers have no religious significance.

I beg to differ Ben..I have ONE bible acting as a very good doorstop ! ;)

paul.fr

« Reply #3 on: 05/09/2008 15:06:51 »
I wonder if there is a book about this, 101 uses for a bible!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/09/2008 15:14:08 »
I wonder if there is a book about this, 101 uses for a bible!

If there is, I'm sure it's a book of revelations !! *groan*

paul.fr

« Reply #5 on: 07/09/2008 17:26:15 »
what do you get if you cross and atheist and a Jehovah's witness?
Someone who knocks on your door for no reason.

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #6 on: 07/09/2008 18:43:38 »
what do you get if you cross and atheist and a Jehovah's witness?
Someone who knocks on your door for no reason.

LOL!

Revelations has the only number in the bible that has any religious significance, 666, 665 or 616 which is meant to be the number of the beast depending on which version you read.

But, as we now have 3 choices it shows that none of it makes any sense.

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11/09/2008 03:07:08 »
You cannot prove the existence of God just like you cannot disprove the existence of God

Case closed

Offline Gabe2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12/09/2008 20:52:51 »
However we can disprove the bible !

The earth was not created in 7 days. Either that or carbon dating doesent work at all. Humm who do i believe !

Moses well parting the red sea is disputable ! 

God killed the first born children sent wave after wave of plagues, personally Adolf seems quite mild in comparison !

One of my favorites Adam and Eve, two sons, I mean INSEST!

Quote Pen and Teller  " The best way to dismiss the bible as fiction is to read it ! "
« Last Edit: 12/09/2008 20:54:53 by Gabe2k2 »

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/12/2008 14:24:35 »
Jesusdpm came back and posted the same link again.  He's now been banned and the site blacklisted.  Does this mean I will now be "safely accused of Divine Justice"?

WARNINGS Anyone who obstructs or make impediment in the dissemination of the contents of this blog, will be safely accused of Divine Justice

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
« Reply #10 on: 01/12/2008 14:53:31 »
Revelations has the only number in the bible that has any religious significance, 666, 665 or 616 which is meant to be the number of the beast depending on which version you read.

Didn't 665 refer to the neighbour of the beast?  And wasn't 616 five floors down?

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #11 on: 01/12/2008 17:25:37 »
Try this:

89(666 x Ω)-(616 + 959r)6 / ^^β x 11.88% = ???

Now, what does that tell you?

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01/12/2008 18:33:56 »
Try this:

It tells me you hace too much time on your hands.

The binary representation of the beast.

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01/12/2008 22:41:04 »
However we can disprove the bible !

The earth was not created in 7 days. Either that or carbon dating doesent work at all. Humm who do i believe !
One day represents 1000 years

Offline _Stefan_

• View Profile
    • My Photobucket Album
« Reply #14 on: 02/12/2008 01:40:52 »
The Earth was still not formed in 7000 years.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 02/12/2008 08:14:47 »
Try this:

It tells me you hace too much time on your hands.

The binary representation of the beast.

Yes, BC, but you worked it out (unless you knew that already? Surely not!)

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02/12/2008 10:00:32 »
In gods eyes a single act of lieing makes you a liar. And there are none good but god. It says this in the bible so it must be true. So a single act of good like helping the poor should make me good, just as telling a lie makes me a liar.

But there are none good but god, THEREFORE I AM GOD!

I stole this from Thunderf00t of youtube,
He has some very good videos.

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02/12/2008 21:01:19 »
If God can't tell the difference between 1 day and 1000 years then He's clearly too dumb to be worth getting up early on a Sunday (or any other day) to worship.

Offline demadone

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03/02/2009 10:35:05 »
If God can't tell the difference between 1 day and 1000 years then He's clearly too dumb to be worth getting up early on a Sunday (or any other day) to worship.

Guys calm down. Have you ever read Isaiah 40:26?

]“Raise YOUR eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one [of them] is missing."

Tell me that Einstein was the first to put E=mc^2 on paper? It's been there all along. 'These things' or matter were created due to the abundance of dynamic energy.

We don't have an atom's size of knowledge about the universe.
Don't get confused about the word 'day'. We use it quite differently from time to time. So the day you finally understand this doesn't mean it's going to take 24 hours to understand, not a second more or a second less.

Now talking of creation. If you ask someone with no education whatsoever, they would never guess the correct order of events of creation. That's what the 7 days description talks about. It's about the order of events. And they are to the point.

lyner

« Reply #19 on: 03/02/2009 11:02:38 »
So, if we pick the bits we like and reinterpret the other bits in  our favour then that constitutes proof, does it?

And who were these guys "with no education"? That's an incredibly arrogant way of describing highly intelligent and well educated philosophers. Do you really think they hadn't done a lot of thinking about what was needed and when? Just because they hadn't modern Science to help them, how could they not tell that they would need light and water and land and plants and animals before there could be US?

If there really were to be a God, how can you possibly think that you could 'prove' its existence with the paltry capabilities of the human brain. Just say "I believe", if it makes you feel better, and leave it at that. Trying to prove it will always be a bummer.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03/02/2009 11:20:26 »
In the beginning was a chasm, a void, called Ginnungagap. To the north was Niflheim, a place of ice & snow. To the south was Muspelheim, made from fire. The first being came into existence from the drop of water caused by the ice of Niflheim meeting the fire of Muspelheim. This first being was a frost giant named Ymir.

From somewhere unspecified arose a race of frost giants. Ymir fathered a son who was nourished by Audumla, the cosmic cow. Audumla fed herself by licking salty rimestone until it was in the shape of a man. This stone man was named Buri.

Buri fathered a son, Bor, who married the giantess Bestla; daughter of Boltha. Bor & Bestla fathered the first gods Odin, Vili and Ve.

Ymir grew so large that the 3 gods killed him. So much blood poured from his wounds that nearly all the frost giants drowned. Odin and the other 2 gods then formed the universe from Ymir's body, placing the body over Ginnungagap. From his flesh they made the Earth and from his blood, the seas. His skull, supported by 4 dwarves, became the heavens. From Ymir's eyebrows they fashioned Midgard, a place for humans to live. Sparks from Muspelheim were used to create the sun, moon & stars.

I think that's a much nicer creation story. Anyone care to disprove it?  :D
« Last Edit: 03/02/2009 11:24:03 by DoctorBeaver »

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03/02/2009 11:27:58 »
Errr... what ever happened to getting an intelligent head? :D

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=19945.msg223835#msg223835

Offline demadone

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03/02/2009 14:07:27 »
So, if we pick the bits we like and reinterpret the other bits in  our favour then that constitutes proof, does it?

And who were these guys "with no education"? That's an incredibly arrogant way of describing highly intelligent and well educated philosophers.

What then are the bits I shouldn't like? The example I gave from Isaiah is not just a 'bit' of information. That is high level physics. Einstein receives so much praise for saying it but when I show you from the bible you conclude it's not so amazing.

Be honest. If I showed you that the bible may also be talking of an expanding universe would that be more amazing?
Or that it told of a round earth thousands of years before Gagarin went into space or Magellan around the globe. Would that impress you more.

Somehow I doubt it would impress you because you believe in science, and you wrongly think it contradicts the bible.

I wish you could say exactly what makes you not believe in a creator.
No hard feelings. [8D]

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
« Reply #23 on: 03/02/2009 15:12:00 »
...The example I gave from Isaiah is not just a 'bit' of information. That is high level physics. Einstein receives so much praise for saying it but when I show you from the bible you conclude it's not so amazing.

The bit you quoted was neither information or high-level physics.  It could just as easily be interpreted as me getting my washing back from the laundry and finding that I haven't lost a sock.

Be honest. If I showed you that the bible may also be talking of an expanding universe would that be more amazing?
Or that it told of a round earth thousands of years before Gagarin went into space or Magellan around the globe. Would that impress you more.

Somehow I doubt it would impress you because you believe in science, and you wrongly think it contradicts the bible.

The bible doesn't talk about science, it sticks to allusion, which is so open to interpretation as to make it meaningless in any absolute sense.  Incidentally, both the ancient Greeks and Asian Indians thought that the Earth was spherical.

The difference between religion and science is that religion is all about belief, and furthermore, it requires a lack of proof; when you have proof you have knowledge and belief becomes redundant.  Science, on the other hand is all about knowledge, and it seeks proof.  Be careful not to confuse knowledge and belief; they are mutually exclusive.

I wish you could say exactly what makes you not believe in a creator

The lack of evidence for one.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03/02/2009 15:19:46 »
Errr... what ever happened to getting an intelligent head? :D

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=19945.msg223835#msg223835

So showing that I know the Norse creation myth is not a demonstration of my intelligent head in action? Maybe you would like me to post it in another language as a further demonstration?

No começo era uma falha, um vácuo, chamado Ginnungagap. Ao norte era Niflheim, um lugar do & do gelo; neve. Ao sul era Muspelheim, feito do fogo. Primeiro ser entrou a existência da gota da água causada pelo gelo de Niflheim que encontra o fogo de Muspelheim. Este primeiro ser era uma geada Ymir nomeado gigante.

Em algum lugar de não especificado levantou-se uma raça de gigantes da geada. Ymir genou um filho que fosse nutrido por Audumla, a vaca cósmica. Audumla alimentou-se lambendo o rimestone salgado até que estêve na forma de um homem. Este homem de pedra foi nomeado Buri.

Buri genou um filho, Bor, que casou o giantess Bestla; filha de Boltha. & de Bor; Bestla genou os primeiros deuses Odin, Vili e Ve.

Ymir cresceu tão grande que os 3 deuses o mataram. Tanto o sangue derramou de suas feridas que quase todos os gigantes da geada afogaram. Odin e outros 2 deuses deram forma então ao universo de Ymir' corpo de s, coloc o corpo sobre Ginnungagap. De sua carne fizeram a terra e de seu sangue, os mares. Seu crânio, suportado por 4 anões, transformou-se os céus. De Ymir' as sobrancelhas de s formaram Midgard, um lugar para que os seres humanos vivam. As faíscas de Muspelheim foram usadas para criar o sol, & da lua; estrelas
« Last Edit: 03/02/2009 15:22:38 by DoctorBeaver »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 03/02/2009 15:19:46 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums