The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF EXISTENCE OF SOUL (AND GOD)  (Read 6107 times)

Offline marco

• View Profile
    • http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/fedeescienza/englishnf
SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF EXISTENCE OF SOUL (AND GOD)
« on: 04/02/2005 14:26:06 »

I am a physicist and I would like to invite you in the site of the “Center of Scientific Divulgation about Consciousness”:

newbielink:http://xoomer.virgilio.it/fedeescienza/englishnf.html [nonactive]

where  I analyse the incongruencies of the materialistic conception of the mind, on the basis of our present scientific knowledges about brain and matter.
This analysis points out how the laws of physics  prove that the   brain cannot generate consciousness, which existence implies  the presence in man of a unbiological/unmaterial element. The problem of consciousness is then strictly connected to the one of the existence of the soul and, consequently, the existence of God.
In the first article entitled “Mind and brain...” you can find a general discussion of the mind and brain problem from a scientific point of view.
In the second article entitled “Scientific contraddictions in materialism”
you  can find an explanation of the fundamental inconsistencies of  the  typical arguments used by materialists, such as the concept of emergent, macroscopic or holist property, complexity, information, etc.
In the section called “FAQ: answers to  visitors' questions” you can find the answer to many typical questions, such as "Are there any scientifically proved miracles?", "Does the existence of the universe imply the existence of God?", "Can science explain God?", "Can science establish which is the true religion?", "Can science explain consciousness in the future?", and many others.

Marco Biagini

Ph.D in Solid State Physics

Kittycat

Re: SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF EXISTENCE OF SOUL (AND GOD)
« Reply #1 on: 04/02/2005 15:10:26 »
Hi Marco,

That sounds very interesting. I was not able to open the link yet.
There are so many things that we do not understand about the brain.
A psychiatrist friend of mine, explained the brain as almost having separate personalities that are independent of each other and that there is one part of our brain that pulls everything together. He said that this is how we get one personality, well at least most of the time :o). Thanks for the info, there has certainly been a transformation in my life and mind since acknowledging God and letting Him be the Lord. Cathy
« Last Edit: 04/02/2005 15:14:31 by Kittycat »

Offline Ylide

• View Profile
    • http://clem.mscd.edu/~mogavero
« Reply #2 on: 07/02/2005 12:33:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by marco

In the section called “FAQ: answers to  visitors' questions” you can find the answer to many typical questions, such as "Are there any scientifically proved miracles?", "Does the existence of the universe imply the existence of God?", "Can science explain God?", "Can science establish which is the true religion?", "Can science explain consciousness in the future?", and many others.

Funny how most of the answers in the FAQ refer back to the Bible and accepted Christian dogma as the answer.  

I'll tell you what scientists have been telling the church for hundreds of years....just because you don't understand it doesn't mean god did it.  

This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick of Seeing More People

Offline Sandwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/03/2005 15:53:00 »
Please try and accept the unknown as unknown, its not difficult.

Accepting religious dogma as an answer does not give it a status of being correct!

It just comforts those who can not accept that the answer is unknown.

Now the painful part, somethings may never be known, the existense of a god being one of them.

The existense of a diety can only be implied, a diety would need to exist externally to its creation (the uni/omni/multi/verse), our existense, our experience is internal to this, we have no way of testing the existence of any diety.

This does not mean there is no diety nor that there is.

Just that we can not know as we can not get imperical data on it, whats its size, whats it made of, whats its frane of reference....

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 10/03/2005 15:53:00 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length