The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What causes excessive flatulence?  (Read 90824 times)

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
What causes excessive flatulence?
« Reply #25 on: 04/04/2009 17:38:30 »
I had a spot of the windypops yesterday, so I went to the chemist (pharmacist, druggist) and asked if he had anything for wind, he gave me a kite!!!

The old ones are the best!

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04/04/2009 20:15:09 »
Well I just had a Pork Jalfrezi and 2/3 bottle of wine, so I guess I'm in for it. It's not the wind (by the way beer and curries are the worst for this) but the "ring of fire" the next day. I don't think it is what Johnny Cash sings about. Still, there is something slightly addictive about hot curries.

Offline FuzzyUK

• View Profile
    • http://www.fusniak.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: 07/04/2009 23:53:26 »
I like to catch mine in my hand and inhale the wafty goodness !!  ;D

Try filling an upturned glass with water in the bath and catching your body gases in it.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08/04/2009 00:46:26 »
I had a spot of the windypops yesterday, so I went to the chemist (pharmacist, druggist) and asked if he had anything for wind, he gave me a kite!!!

The old ones are the best!

You guys crack me up with "windy pops" etc... LOL...No offense I find it sweetly charming.. LOL...

Ethos

« Reply #29 on: 08/04/2009 04:52:11 »
What's really a blast is to load up on pinto beans and  go to the mall. Find yourself a crowded corner and while standing really close to someone else, rip one of those real stinkers off. When they catch wind of your offering, back away and point an accusing finger at them.  [xx(] [xx(] [xx(] [xx(] ???

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 08/04/2009 05:29:31 »
LOL......I cannot eat beans.. they make me miserable...That way! They are good though!

Offline jones

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05/10/2009 11:56:44 »
I have bad farting probs and have come to live with it, infact am enjoying it! Favourite things to do, jump in the bath and wait! When you have one brewing let rip and take it all in, always smells top dollar in the bath for some reason,[not sure why?] once bored of this take a jug to the bath and catch it in a upturned jug!! I'll leave the rest to your imagination!lol ;D

Offline chykcha

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17/06/2011 12:42:47 »
Hi there, I've been suffering from the same symptoms in the past - flatulence, growling. A year or so later I have also developed constipation and abdominal pain after meal, put on weight. My GP wasn't taking my symptoms seriously taking my young age into consideration, he prescribed gaviscon, stool softeners, suggested stress, then IBS blah blah. So years later I couldn't take it anymore and I headed to a private hospital and had endoscopy done. That's when I discovered that I had h.pylori bacteria, theres plenty info on it on the internet. However growling and flatulence are not main symptoms and hence it's often misdiagnozed. It has also caused me some other serious problems as I left it untreated for so long - severe gastritis, anal fissure, acid reflux. Don't mean to scare you but just want you to understand importance of getting tested for it, certainly suggest it to your GP next time! I'm now finished with my antibiotics treatment and all my symptoms are gone! This is just one of the directions for you to look at and I trully hope it helps as I know how difficult it is

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #32 on: 17/06/2011 12:42:47 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums