The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Am I real are you real?  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« on: 09/10/2008 16:17:30 »
 ;)

Your eyes are deceiving you there are no letters on the monitor I do not exist and neither do you, so it is impossibly for you to read what you think you are reading

To progress “we must know what we don’t know” and teach ourselves the hidden wisdom

To describe unconsciousness oblivion, forgetfulness coma, one must be able to describe exactly what consciousness is, awareness, wakefulness is and nobody knows what that really is

It is the flow of memes in the physical brain, but what the heck it is in the mind I just like everyone else have absolutely no idea.

Maybe I am just a figment or thought in the mind of god, or maybe I am just a figment in the group mind of the forum.

Maybe if you stop thinking about me I will cease to exist and vanish. Maybe when I am no thinking about you vanish and don’t exist

I am not aware of you how can I be sure you a real and concrete and visa versa

If I die and you think about me do I still exist?

Nobody wrote this post so there are no words in it and you did not read what is not there.

If you can read it you are hallucinating, blue is really red and white is black. You cannot perceive me or any of my actions as I have never existed. Prove that I exist then you will know what consciousness is.

When you try to observe me I’m not there, when you turn your head I impact on reality. What is real? The body is nothing but seething emptiness and you try to attribute to this mist consciousness. How much less can this empty mist achieve unconsciousness. There is no such state in non reality

When you look for me I vanish , when you stop looking for me I stand in front of you

Everything is a great mystery impossible to understand but simple and easy

I am only a phantom of your mind

Or maybe I am a sleeping god and as I begin to wake up the universe which is just my dream will begin to dissipate and the stars begin to go out one by one until there is nothing but abysmal nothingness as I retract into myself in to the nothingness of the original singularity.

I am everything, infinitely huge embracing all but I am also just a dimensionless singularity point particle infinitly small and of infinite intelligent energy .

Who the heck am I? say to myself as soon as I find the words

Oh!! Now I remember!!

Oh!! Yes!! I AM WHO I SAY I AM

"I am a devotee to no one but myself" But I have no ego because I consist of nothingness

"I think therefore, I am"

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #1 on: 09/10/2008 16:54:43 »
Well, I'm pretty sure I am real. As does the tax man !

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #2 on: 09/10/2008 17:07:58 »
'Well, I'm pretty sure I am real. As does the tax man'"

Only if you are late or do not pay

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #3 on: 09/10/2008 17:15:56 »
'Well, I'm pretty sure I am real. As does the tax man'"

Only if you are late or do not pay

Well that's it you see... I do pay my taxes..but of course receive reminders.

It's a sure sign that reality has a grip and serves to confirm my tangibility in my reality at least !

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #4 on: 09/10/2008 17:20:26 »
Alan ..if you click the "QUOTE" button  in the actual post you are responding to then it will put the post in a quote box.

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #5 on: 09/10/2008 17:21:12 »
I am real and I was when I last looked in the mirror

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #6 on: 09/10/2008 17:35:26 »
Most of me is real!?

Offline that mad man

• View Profile
    • My music
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #7 on: 09/10/2008 18:41:45 »
I asked a good friend and she said I was real so I must be.

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #8 on: 09/10/2008 18:53:09 »
Hey guys keep reassuring yourselves that you are real

Some monks go hight up into the mountains and spend 15 years trying to find themselves

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #9 on: 09/10/2008 19:29:54 »

Some monks go hight up into the mountains and spend 15 years trying to find themselves
That's what religion does to you.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #10 on: 09/10/2008 20:57:25 »
In 12 years time we may not be able to tell if posts are written by a real human...

The Turing test is a proposal for a test of a machine's ability to demonstrate intelligence. Described by Alan Turing in the 1950 paper "Computing Machinery and Intelligence," it proceeds as follows: a human judge engages in a natural language conversation with one human and one machine, each of which try to appear human; if the judge cannot reliably tell which is which, then the machine is said to pass the test. In order to test the machine's intelligence rather than its ability to render words into audio, the conversation is limited to a text-only channel such as a computer keyboard and screen (Turing originally suggested a teletype machine, one of the few text-only communication systems available in 1950)...

Turing predicted that machines would eventually be able to pass the test. In fact, he estimated that by the year 2000, machines with 109 bits (about 119.2 MiB) of memory would be able to fool 30% of human judges during a 5-minute test. He also predicted that people would then no longer consider the phrase "thinking machine" contradictory. He further predicted that machine learning would be an important part of building powerful machines, a claim which is considered to be plausible by contemporary researchers in Artificial intelligence.

By extrapolating an exponential growth of technology over several decades, futurist Ray Kurzweil predicted that Turing-test-capable computers would be manufactured around the year 2020, roughly speaking. See the Moore's Law article and the references therein for discussions of the plausibility of this argument.

As of 2008, no computer has passed the Turing test as such. Simple conversational programs such as ELIZA have fooled people into believing they are talking to another human being, such as in an informal experiment termed AOLiza. However, such "successes" are not the same as a Turing Test.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test

Offline Alan McDougall

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Am I real are you real?
« Reply #11 on: 10/10/2008 04:24:04 »
Hi

Nothing is real, I've seen it with my own eyes.   

The Naked Scientists Forum

Am I real are you real?
« Reply #11 on: 10/10/2008 04:24:04 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums