The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: CPR Classes  (Read 1909 times)

Offline cardojones

• First timers
    • View Profile
CPR Classes
« on: 09/10/2008 19:44:07 »
I recently took an online class from Spammy First Aid 'r' Us and found it very useful and effective, however I have a question, and how do we perform CPR on someone on someone who is in a wheelchair and has a cardiac arrest and cannot be removed from the wheelchair?
« Last Edit: 17/12/2008 08:41:04 by BenV »

Offline rosy

• Neilep Level Member
  • Chemistry
    • View Profile
Re: CPR Classes
« Reply #1 on: 10/10/2008 10:09:35 »
I'm having trouble imagining circumstances under which someone couldn't be removed from a wheelchair, given that they're in cardiac arrest so all other considerations must take second place to keeping blood flowing to essential organs.

I think you'd really struggle to perform effective CPR on someone if you couldn't get your weight above them for the chest compressions (except possibly in the case of infants, where I doubt this would be an issue).

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/10/2008 10:31:32 »
I'm having trouble imagining circumstances under which someone couldn't be removed from a wheelchair

ditto

But if this was the case you could tip the chair backwards: the handles would then be on the ground and the occupant's torso horizontal.

paul.fr

« Reply #3 on: 10/10/2008 11:43:43 »
Could this be spam?
If not, cold the poster not just contact the course provider? There is a link on their website.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 10/10/2008 11:43:43 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length