The Naked Scientists Forum

Poll

Are you Republican or democrat?

Republican
3 (27.3%)
democrat
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Are you Republican or democrat?  (Read 25626 times)

paul.fr

« on: 10/10/2008 12:00:09 »
How disappointed I am that nobody has discussed the impending US Presidential election. Personally I like McCain, and Palin is hot enough to get my vote..although I have always like the cut of Bidens jib.

So are you a Republican or a democrat?

History 101

For those that don't know about history ... Here is a condensed version:

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals, and
2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Bud. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, athletes, members of the military, airline pilots and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America . They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history:

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it.

A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to tick them off.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10/10/2008 12:29:10 »
I couldn't bring myself to vote for anyone that believes that the world was made in 6 days......I know it's a logical phalacy, and ones religious beliefs do not necessarily impinge on the political arena, but if it castrates science as this appears to, I am happy in my conscience to not vote for them.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/10/2008 13:36:49 »
Palin scares the living daylights out of me ?

How can someone come out of obscurity to be potentially a heart beat away from being the president. She's a war mongering gun toting creationist who believed the world was created 6000 years ago.

I'd still ' do her ' though !  ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/10/2008 14:03:23 »
I am a democrat... was a Hillary supporter.
she would have been my vote..
I see a lot of good in obama, but I also see a problem with his back and fourth behaviors on certain issues... so I am in a quandry.. No way on mc cain or Palin...
   I think that  i am completely unsure as to where my vote will go as of yet...but not republican...I need more history on Obama...

blakestyger

« Reply #4 on: 10/10/2008 15:36:00 »
I'd still ' do her ' though !  ;)

Confused? I am - the whole wretched business would be a nightmare.  :o

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/10/2008 15:42:39 »

I think the only scary Python was Terry Gilliam

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10/10/2008 17:34:04 »
Hi there all.

I am very scared of Palin as well. McCain's cancer is a constant worry as it has reoccurred too many times. And it is the extremely serious version of skin cancer, not the easily cured version.

Palin's remarks are so radically conservative across the board that she, if president, would bring back the Alien and Sedition Acts of the 1798, allowing the government to throw people in jail for raising a dissenting voice.

Neil - I wouldn't "do her" - no way, no how. She would insist on being on top and would be yelling "stoke, stoke" through the whole act. I am not a racing scull.

One last thought -

THANKS FOR THE CREDIT ON THIS SUBJECT, PAUL !!!

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10/10/2008 17:46:09 »

I think the only scary Python was Terry Gilliam

Actually, I was more afraid of the Norwegian Blue parrot than any of the guys.

Offline Evie

• "Back off man...I'm a Scientist."
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: 10/10/2008 20:55:37 »
What scares me is that McCain is a robot! Look at those Barbie arms (they only move from the shoulder, not the elbow)!

And he needs an upgrade on his diction circuits:

I've often compared him to the beaver on Lady & The Tramp, and then I found this video! Too funny.

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11/10/2008 13:57:12 »
I think that a lot of us here in Europe (myself included) are quite a long way to the left of either choice available in the US.
BTW, one of the magazines (private eye) in the UK published a picture of Palin and pointed out that her hair and features are not aparently disturbed by her glasses.
It wasn't this picture, but this also shows the same lack of effect.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288722,00.html
Her profile on the left of the picture and the line of her eye are not distorted by the spectacles. The most likely explanation I can think of is that she doesn't really need glasses and the ones she wears are plain glass.
Has anyone any pictures that show anything different?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11/10/2008 15:07:20 »
I retract my willingness to ' do her '....my sanity took a momentary lapse !

paul.fr

« Reply #11 on: 11/10/2008 16:21:58 »
THANKS FOR THE CREDIT ON THIS SUBJECT, PAUL !!!

Jeez, you looney liberals want the credit for everything! Look, Jim sent me this in an email...I never thought to email him back with credit for hitting the send button.

one of the magazines (private eye) in the UK published a picture of Palin and pointed out that her hair and features are not aparently disturbed by her glasses...

Who cares? Are you sealy going to say "Sorry, put your clothes back on. I would do you but your hair is suspicious? NO YOU ARE NOT. Palin is hot, vote Republican. That should be their slogan. Come to think of it, I said the same thing about Mrs Kinnock!

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11/10/2008 18:23:55 »
I'd do her but don't tell my husband. She is very BUTCH.

blakestyger

« Reply #13 on: 11/10/2008 20:45:50 »
I really can't understand why everybody wants to give her one.

If I gave her one it would be one out of ten - for being so batty. >:(

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11/10/2008 21:15:56 »
I'm not going to ask her for a conversation, there isn't enough petrol and matches in the world for me to allow her to talk.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11/10/2008 22:02:36 »
....drifting off topic for a minute.

My daughter is 20, so this will be her first time voting in a presidential election.  We've been having lots of conversations on the differences between being republican and democrat, the candidates, etc....  The poor girl is extremely confused.

This morning she and I were wathcing "Man of the Year" and Tina Fey had a small role in the movie.  I said "look Ashley, it's Sarah Palin."  She said "Oh WOW!  I didn't know she was an actress too!"

This is what paying college tuition for 3 years gets me!  I'm sooooo proud.

paul.fr

« Reply #16 on: 11/10/2008 23:12:44 »
My only gripes with her are:
1. she is married
2. Even though she only said "maverick" 3 times in her debate with Biden, it was 3 times too many. There is only 1 maverick and thats...whats his name...Garner!?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12/10/2008 07:33:50 »
I prefer Michael Palin....though I can imagine Sarah being a lumberjack and being ok... I am considering re-evaluating my retractfulness to do her !

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13/10/2008 16:19:19 »
So you would do Michael Palin, Neil? You're not getting "kinky" on us are you?

(Well, that is a dumb question - a transvestite sheep is already rather kinky, especially with red Parda heels.)

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13/10/2008 16:56:00 »
While I appreciate that religious beliefs should not be part of this particular debate, it worries me greatly that the American public would consider putting someone who believes in a 6000 year old Earth that close to running the country - to me, it clearly shows that she is not capable of researching or verifying facts.  She was told Earth is 6000 years old, so that's what she thinks is the truth -  no research, no evidence, no verifying the facts, no checking with other sources - do you want someone like that as VP?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13/10/2008 19:57:05 »
I just don't know if I want to do her or not now....If I did do her I think I'd like to gag her with a 4 billion year old piece of primordial crust...would that be ok ?

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13/10/2008 20:04:19 »
I will join in as long as I don't have to eat a crust. I don't like them even if they do make your hair curly.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13/10/2008 20:08:40 »
I will join in as long as I don't have to eat a crust. I don't like them even if they do make your hair curly.

It's a date !..i was hoping ewe'd offer !!  ;)

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13/10/2008 20:16:14 »
No walking on my back with those high heels.

Offline frethack

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14/10/2008 00:30:31 »
Even though I just finished telling Jim that I was gonna leave this topic alone, Ive flip-flopped and changed my mind (maybe I should be a politician!)

I am liberal on most social issues and conservative on fiscal issues, and though I clicked republican, I tend to be more libertarian.

Id still do her neil...on the altar at her church  ;D (dont tell my wife, btw!)

Once again, this season is another choice between a "giant douche and a turd sandwich", as the South Park guys would say.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 14/10/2008 00:30:31 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length