The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How does a carbon atom become incorporated in a rock?  (Read 2722 times)

Offline carl.

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hi all, howz yu doin? Just wondering if anyone can help me with this task, i haven't got a clue. I will it say how i see it.  Consider an atom of carbon, as part of a molecule of carbon dioxide, within the atmosphere. Describe two routes, including the processes involved, by which this atmospheric carbon can end up in a rock. With one route including, processes occurring primarily in the ocean, and the other route on land.         
if anyone can help, please simple terms for a simple guy (lol)

I have left my email in case anyone can help me email address removed - please send a private message

many thanx

<Mod edit - formatted the subject as a question - please do this to help keep the forum tidy and easy to navigate - thanks!  Also, Carl's email address has been removed - please send him a private message if you would like to get in touch>
« Last Edit: 14/10/2008 14:50:58 by BenV »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: How does a carbon atom become incorporated in a rock?
« Reply #1 on: 14/10/2008 12:28:28 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_cycle

PS
if you put your email in a post you may receive spam, (I'd delete your email from the above if I were you).
You may wish to use this forums private message facility instead of posting your email address.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: How does a carbon atom become incorporated in a rock?
« Reply #1 on: 14/10/2008 12:28:28 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums