The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Gonad Sack !!..Go Rough. Go Smooth...why ?  (Read 3564 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Gonad Sack !!..Go Rough. Go Smooth...why ?
« on: 14/02/2005 21:21:13 »
Blimey, I'm feeling all vunerable and coy as I reveal myself here !!

Ok, Wifey made an observation today..she noticed that the sack I keep my family jewels in  changes texture !!..yep, I've noticed it all my life too...so what's going on ?..sometimes sack is relaxed, chilled and delicate...other times it's rough and rigid !!...does my Gonad Sacc have a Jekyll and Hyde split personality ?...should I sit it down and have a ' man to sack ' chit chat ?...am I alone with this ?...what is going on ?....shall I put them away ?

Your answers of a delicate nature will be most welcome as I prefer to keep this between you and me.

Thanks

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

Offline tweener

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gonad Sack !!..Go Rough. Go Smooth...why ?
« Reply #1 on: 14/02/2005 21:31:18 »
An interesting topic for Valentines Day don't you think?  I hope we see some answers!

----
John - The Eternal Pessimist.

Offline roberth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14/02/2005 23:06:59 »
Your missus checked out your sack on your birthday (and Valentines Day)? Hmmmm. Happy birthday Neil. 40. You'll start noticing lots of changes now you are over the hump. It's all downhill from here, but the scrotum sounds normal, though.

Offline DrPhil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15/02/2005 13:29:47 »
Face it, there comes a time in life when you simply have to accept the fact that you're growing old and are eventually going to die. The body has many ways to remind us of this inevitable fact. Hair loss, impotence, a prostate the size of a grapefruit, and scrotal wrinkling are four typical ways Nature ridicules men as they age. Have you tried any of the new anti-wrinkling creams? You'll find some good ones at glycotools.com and in the adult stem cell section of your neighborhood pharmacy. As I recall, you can buy adult diapers treated with glyconutrients. [}:)]
« Last Edit: 15/02/2005 18:38:19 by DrPhil »

Offline MooseHole

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15/02/2005 18:30:46 »
You may need to buy an inflatable ass.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15/02/2005 19:19:33 »
Thanks everybody for your delicate approach to this, I'm so very touched at the way your answers have been forthcoming, with accord and with the appropriate dignity.:) I remain humbled by the manner at which my query has been regarded and handled.

For a while I thought I would be inviting jibes and clever responses idiosyncratic to den of comedians,:) but *sigh* you've taught me that when trust and fragility is expected, that it will be delivered.;)

Thanks everybody

Neil (rough bollocks at the moment)

ps: I still want to know what makes the skin change from rough to smooth though.

Offline DrPhil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15/02/2005 20:24:52 »
When temperatures are cold, the scrotum becomes shorter and heavily wrinkled as it is pulled up closer to the warmth of the body. When the external temperature is warm, the scrotal skin is flaccid and loose, and the testes hang lower from the body. These changes in the scrotum help to maintain a constant internal scrotal temperature that is 3 degrees Celsius lower than body temperature. Two sets of muscles are responsible for these scrotal changes. The dartos muscle is smooth muscle in the subcutaneous layer of the scrotum and in the scrotal septum. When the dartos muscle contracts, it causes wrinkling of the scrotal skin. The cremaster muscles are bands of skeletal muscle that arise from the internal oblique muscles of the abdomen. The cremaster muscles elevate the testes when they are exposed to cold temperatures and during sexual arousal. This moves the testes closer to the body to absorb body heat. Warm temperatures cause the cremaster muscles to relax, so the testes hang lower from the body.

OK? Now put your pants back on, those things are scaring the children.
« Last Edit: 15/02/2005 20:30:42 by DrPhil »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15/02/2005 21:06:51 »
Dr Phil,

THANK YOU.

Eggs have been put away.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 15/02/2005 21:06:51 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums