The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: CRUK Race for Life  (Read 3001 times)

Offline DrN

• View Profile
CRUK Race for Life
« on: 16/02/2005 13:11:52 »
Hi,
I have just registered for the Cancer Research UK 'Race for Life'. This is a 5km run to raise money for research into Breast Cancer, and I will be doing the run in Norwich on sunday 8th may.

I've taken part twice before, and would recommend it! Its a women only event, but you can take your men along to cheer. if you don't feel up to running there is the option to walk, and participants range from toddlers to pensioners.

If anyone would like to sponsor me you can email me via the site.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Re: CRUK Race for Life
« Reply #1 on: 16/02/2005 21:54:52 »
I could email you (and still will if I have to)..but I thought if i answered directly here then it'll bring this thread to the front again, and thus generate more interest and hopefully more sponsorship......I'll sponsor you lindsay.....what do i do ?...

Please don't tell me I have to run alongside you dressed as a girlie !!....well... the dressing up is fine but the keeping up is a big no no....It's hard enough work for me to press the ' start ' button on my treadmill !!

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

Offline DrN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16/02/2005 22:24:53 »
Thanks!!!!

quote:
Please don't tell me I have to run alongside you dressed as a girlie !!....

you could do that! would be fun!

Race for Life do have a facility to set up a fundraising web page, presumably you would pay by paypal or some other electronic method. however they take a percentage of the cash for their bother, which is probably fair, but I'm not too impressed with that!

I'm taking pledges for now, and will chase people for the cash during May. most of my pledges so far are from people I rarely see, unfortunately, due to the high turnover in science labs, so I expect to be receiving lots of cheques in the post!! But if enough people ask then I'll set up the fundraising web page. Of course I'll post a photo to proove I finished!

it would be great to hear if anyone else out there is running a race for life this year.

This is the link for anyone who's interested.
http://www.raceforlife.org/

I really need to get fit now. my cold is starting to wane, so I might even feel up to some gentle exercise before the weekend. could don my fluorescent jacket and do a few laps of the village I suppose!

Offline MayoFlyFarmer

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/wiguyinmn
« Reply #3 on: 17/02/2005 00:57:18 »
neil, if you dress up as a girl, I'll sponsor you in the race... i don't care if you DO run it or not! [:p]

Are YOUR mice nude? ;)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17/02/2005 08:37:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by MayoFlyFarmer

neil, if you dress up as a girl, I'll sponsor you in the race... i don't care if you DO run it or not! [:p]

Are YOUR mice nude? ;)

Justy, if I dig out a picture of a few years ago and scan it, will that do it ?:D

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 17/02/2005 08:37:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length