The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why my nose mucus membrane is always swollen and dry?  (Read 13110 times)

Offline bozana55

• First timers
  • I need urgent advice or help!
    • View Profile
 Hi to all,

I have big problem with my never healed sinusitis.
Here I have three diagnoses, they are still there and most of all I have steady eyes pains.

Diagnoses from the Clinic for Ear, Nose and Throat, 1986:

1. SINUSITIS MAXILL.CHR.CATH.
2. RHINITIS CHR.HYPERTR. ET SICCA ANT. (my ex-doctor told me that here is the reason for eyes pains)
3. CATH.TUB.CHR.BILAT.     

Since 1989 I am searching cause for those three diagnoses (there was also Septi Nasi Deviatio, but was operated 1990).

The diagnoses from 1989:

Hypotireosis, 1989
Spondylarthrosis, 1993
Trigeminal Neuralgia 1 and 2 (atypical), 1994
Neuralgia Supscapular, 1996
Neuralgia Occipital, 1998
Enthesopatia levator scapula, 1998

Head CT scan, 2002:
3 cm areal sclerosis on the right occipitalis
Frontal atrophy

I do almost each year Ultra Scan from my digestion tract: there are always few cysts on my liver.

Head MRI, 2006:
Vein, 10x17mm on the pons.

Head CT scan, 2007:
Lesion on the pons,
Cerebral atrophy.

Neck CT scan, January 2008:
Spondylarthrosis from C4-C7,
Narrow space between C5-C6.
Neck MRI, June 2008:
The same as above.

Head MRI, May 2008:
Lesion on the pons; could be Miom, Cavernom or Limfom,
Cerebral atrophy.

Head MRI, October 2008:
The same, as May 2008.

Now I have to go again to head MRI. I don't know why all that? Many years ago in Germany one Neurologist did help me in the right side of the neck: with only one injection. It was good five years.

I must tell here: I have eyes, face and jaw pains after I wash my hair; after eating cooking things; after walking fast; after carrying something heavy; when the weather changes; when is fog outside; by windy weather.
My pains start behind right ear (there is pretty big bone and very painful muscle) and go direct to the right eye.

Very often have big pressure from the head direct into eyes holes. After that have to go to the bed and wait until all is over. I have nothing more to help me. There was GALSUD, from 2005 until April 2008 that helped me a little. The tablets were in restrictions, but now I don't understand: one package at the time? I am not in UK to buy them when I will. My friends from London used to send me.

As my searching is too long and my pains very strong I have lost all in last 7,5 years.

What I want to know:

Where from is so much dry and dense mucous in the nose (it is from Secondary school)?
My doctors say, all is from neck muscles. EMG from those muscles shows, they are right.
Are any of these Neuralgias the cause for my pains?

Thank you for any comment,
Bozana

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Why my nose mucus membrane is always swollen and dry?
« Reply #1 on: 05/11/2008 01:27:35 »
Systemic vasculitis could account for many of the symptoms above.

e.g. brain lesions, cranial nerve involvement (facial neuralgias), hypothyroidism, damage to nasal septum, joint disease.

You mentioned lesions in your liver: systemic vasculitis can occur as a consequence of hepatitis (B/C) viral infection,
hepatitis can cause changes in the structure of the liver.

My suggestion would be to investigate the possibility of a primary vasculitis or vasculitis secondary to a connective tissue disease (e.g. SLE) or vasculitis secondary to infection (e.g. hepatitis).

A possible treatment for the shooting pains in your face (trigeminal neuralgia) is Carbamazepine.
« Last Edit: 05/11/2008 01:35:33 by RD »

Offline bozana55

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15/11/2008 12:48:44 »
newbielink:http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic2390.htm [nonactive] could account for many of the symptoms above.
e.g. brain lesions, cranial nerve involvement (facial neuralgia's), hypothyroidism, damage to nasal septum, joint disease.
You mentioned lesions in your liver: systemic vasculitis can occur as a consequence of hepatitis (B/C) viral infection,
hepatitis can cause changes in the structure of the liver.

My suggestion would be to investigate the possibility of a primary vasculitis or vasculitis secondary to a connective tissue disease (e.g. SLE) or vasculitis secondary to infection (e.g. hepatitis).
A possible treatment for the shooting pains in your face (trigeminal neuralgia) is newbielink:http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068947/ [nonactive]
Hi,
Thank you very much for reply. I think you are right in many things here.
I have lesion on the bottom of my skull and few cysts on my liver. By liver I need good diet and that is what I need. None doctor will help me.
Love, Bozana

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17/11/2008 20:51:11 »
None doctor will help me.

Any doctor (particularly a neurologist) could prescribe the drug Carbamazepine for the nerve pain in your face (Trigeminal Neuralgia).
Carbamazepine would cost about 40 dollars* per month to treat Trigeminal Neuralgia, (*doctor & hospital costs not included).

The doctor who diagnosed your occipital neuralgia in 1998 may be able to help you.

Also blood tests exist which could show whether or not you have vasculitis, or hepatitis, or autoimmune disease

Below is a rough translation of the above into Slovenian...
citirati iz : bozana55 naprej 15/11/2008 12:48:44
ne zdravnik hoteti pomoč mi.

poljuben zdravnik ( kajsi a nevrolog ) strjena lava predpisovati zdravilo Carbamazepine zakaj živec muka v vaš lice (Trigeminal nevralgija).
Carbamazepine hoteti strošek približno 40 dolar* po mesec traktirati Trigeminal nevralgija , (* zdravnik & bolniški strošek ne vštet ).

zdravnik kdo spoznati bolezen vaš zatilničen nevralgija v 1998 maj obstati zmožen v pomoč vi.

tudi kri skušnja biti kateri strjena lava razstava ali ne vi življati vasculitis , ali hepatitis , ali autoimmune bolezen
« Last Edit: 17/11/2008 21:15:37 by RD »

Offline bozana55

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18/11/2008 08:13:14 »
Hi RD,

Thank you very much for reply. You give me really right answers.

I have this tablets Carbamazepine (Rivotril, here) and it helps only in the night with other two tablets: Sanval and Naproxen. During the day I have nothing.
2004 I was in Spain and they have Rivotril drops and it helps during the day, too.
Pains are connected with back head and abdomen.
Head CT (much better than head MRI) shows that I have lesion 5 mm on the bottom head ganglions, right side. I think that is right, as also Calcination on the right side of the head.

Why you write Slovenian? I don't need translation. How come you can write Slovenian?

(Jaz nisem Slovenka, prihajam iz Hrvaske in zivim tukaj).   

Kind regards,
Bozana
« Last Edit: 18/11/2008 08:16:21 by bozana55 »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18/11/2008 20:42:05 »
Carbamazepine = Tegretol.                Clonazepam = Rivotril.

Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is similar to Clonazepam (Rivotril), but they are not identical, not the same.

You say  “During the day I have nothing“, you do not take medication during the day ?.

Clonazepam (Rivotril) will wear off after 8 hours, this could explain your pain during the day.

Tell your doctors about pain during the day, they may suggest that you could take some medicine during the day.
You should always follow your doctors instructions on when to take medicine.
Taking Rivotril (or Tegretol) during the day may cause drowsiness: you should not drive or operate machinery if drowsy.

Medications for Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) (face pain)...
Anticonvulsants such as carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, phenytoin, or gabapentin are generally the most effective medications. Generally speaking, opiate-based analgesics offer little relief from TN attacks, but may decrease the pain sensation that is experienced by the patient. Anticonvulsant effects may be potentiated with moderate to high levels of adjuvant therapies such as baclofen and/or clonazepam. Baclofen may also help some patients eat more normally if jaw movement tends to aggravate the symptoms. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia#Medications

How come you can write Slovenian?”

This website roughly translates English to Slovenian (or Croatian), for free.

Rough translation into Croatian...
Carbamazepine = Tegretol.     Clonazepam = Rivotril.

Carbamazepine (Tegretol) je sličan Clonazepam (Rivotril), ali oni nisu u jednak , ne jednak.

Te ono što je kazano " danju Imam ništa ", te ne uzeti medikacija danju?

Clonazepam (Rivotril) htijenje pohabati nakon 8 sat , ovaj mogao objasniti tvoj muka danju.

Reći tvoj doktor o muka danju , oni svibanj predlagati taj te mogao uzeti neki medikament danju.
Te bi trebao uvijek udarac tvoj doktor naredbe na našto uzeti medikament.
Uzimanje Rivotril ( ili Tegretol ) danju svibanj nanijeti uspavanost : te bi trebao ne voziti ili raditi mašinerija ako pospan.

Medikacija za Trigeminal Neuralgija (TN) ( lice muka )...
Anticonvulsants kao što je carbamazepine oxcarbazepine topiramate phenytoin , ili gabapentin jesu ponajčešće preko djelotvoran medikacija. Govoreći općenito , koji uspavljuje - temeljen analgetik ponuda malen olakšanje TN napasti , ali svibanj smanjenje muka senzacija taj je iskusan mimo pacijent. Anticonvulsant efekt može biti potencijal sa moderirati to povisok nivo od pomoćni terapije kao što je baclofen i / ili clonazepam. Baclofen svibanj isto tako pomoć neki pacijent jesti više normalno ako čeljust pokret smjerati to pogoršati simptom.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia#Medications

" kako dogoditi se možete pisati Slovenski? "

Ovaj website grubo prevodi Engleski jezik to Slovenski ( ili Hrvatski ), zabadava
« Last Edit: 18/11/2008 20:50:48 by RD »

Offline bozana55

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19/11/2008 07:53:54 »
Hi RD,

Thank you again.

Now I see, that Rivotril has the name Clonazepam and Tegretol Carbamazepine.

I have got Tegretol first time 1990 and was feeling so bad, that have stopped immediately.

Remember that my Trigeminal Neuralgia is atypical and not typical, where is Ganglion Gasseri the cause for TN.
By ATN takes ages to find where is the root, like in my case.

Something else: as I speak Croatian and Slovenian, this here is something between: very bad Slovenian and very bad Croatian.

With love,
Bozana

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6 on: 19/11/2008 07:53:54 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums