The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The Doctor is getting desperate - using his girlfriend to distract  (Read 2672 times)

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
From The Banbury Guardian - http://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/

Thief targets elderly woman

Published Date: 18 November 2008
AN 85-year-old disabled woman has fallen victim to a distraction burglary in a shop in Banbury.
The woman was shopping in Iceland in Calthorpe Street at approximately 11.30am last Wednesday (November 12) where she had her handbag hooked over her trolley.

While looking at items in the chiller cabinet, a young woman forcefully asked her if she knew the price of an item.

When she took her trolley to the checkout, she found her purse was missing from her handbag. The purse contained £30 in cash.

The woman is in her mid-twenties, has dark hair and dark eyes, and spoke with an Asian or eastern European accent. Shortly before the incident, she was see in a hushed discussion with a large rodent with a flatish-looking tail, according to a witness who wishes to remain anonymous.

PC Robert Hopping of Banbury Police Station said: "This is a despicable and sickening crime against an elderly and vulnerable woman who is disabled and partially sighted.

"We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen this incident or the rodent and the woman – perhaps you didn't realise what was happening at the time – or may have experienced something similar themselves."

« Last Edit: 18/11/2008 23:19:06 by JimBob »

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Use the link - the story is real.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Your point being?  [:(!]

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Exposing the degenerative nature of your behavior.  Do you deny that there is an Iceland in Calthorpe Street in Banbury ??????

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
JimBob there is a huge Beaver population in Banbury. It could have been any one of them.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
I do not deny it. However, when in Calthorpe St I patronise Farm Foods not Iceland. I would never have anything to do with an establishment advertised by Kerry Katona.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
JimBob there is a huge Beaver population in Banbury. It could have been any one of them.

I thought that the beaver was just being re-introduced to the UK.

OH! THAT type of Beaver - got'cha.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I do not deny it. However, when in Calthorpe St I patronise Farm Foods not Iceland. I would never have anything to do with an establishment advertised by Kerry Katona.

You don't like mammary glands. It is a shame that you cannot appreciate the finer things in life.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length