The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What causes vertigo sensations when looking towards my genital area?  (Read 15124 times)

Offline Santi2c

• View Profile
What's up with that!?

It's happened a number of times.  When well high up and looking down, different people experience different things.  Some people faint, and others are cool with what they see.  How come I get this crazy numbing but slightly pulsating pain down below when I'm looking . . . down below? (clever, eh?)

It's definetly not just me, I've heard other reports. but I AM suspecting it's only a male thing.  Who's with me? Who's gonna testify for their testicles and how did they get all tied up with this emotion anyways?
« Last Edit: 03/12/2011 11:57:48 by chris »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Can't say I've noticed volts going through my family jewels when I'm high up and looking down, however, I can imagine how it could happen when the vertigo hits you it probably sends like a shiver down your spine which manifests in eletric balls !!....it's gotta be a nerve thing......lets hope a passing altitude testicle expert wil pass by and confirm.

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!

Offline Santi2c

• View Profile
yes lets hope.. but why would it end there? yeah, its obviousyl a nerve thing, but I want details!

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Has anyone experienced that rather strange sensation in the nether regions ellicited by driving rapidly over a humpback bridge ?

What's that all about ?!

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Offline Santi2c

• View Profile
i cant tell if your serious, cuz some humpback bridges are covered  maybe its just the way u wrote it but ...
ive gotten something from bridges too, but i think its related again to the heights thing.  driving in a big commercial bus over bridges is the worst, the walls of the bridge suddenly look way too short for comfort.  and i think the speed thing just adds to the nerves.

but i still want answers!
« Last Edit: 10/03/2005 16:50:51 by Santi2c »

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
I was actually referring to the physical sensation experienced in the pelvis and groin area which coincides with the car going over the humpback bridge very fast. Nothing to do with the view, purely the motion of the vehicle !

Chris

- Groucho Marx

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
quote:
Originally posted by chris

I was actually referring to the physical sensation experienced in the pelvis and groin area which coincides with the car going over the humpback bridge very fast. Nothing to do with the view, purely the motion of the vehicle !

Chris

- Groucho Marx

....Yep...I have Chris.....most disconcerting !!....sometimes I've even noticed it going up and down stairs coinciding with each step !!.....Could it be akin to acupressure ?.....

Offline Santi2c

• View Profile
ok, yes im gotten that too.
how bout cuz of vibrations

Offline gsmollin

• View Profile
I think it is a part of the fear reaction. The genitals are pulled upwards into the body cavity. You may be feeling that.

Offline Santi2c

• View Profile
hmm makes sense, do u know why that happens?

Offline Corbeille

• View Profile
AAAAARRRRRGH!

Please write in proper English, not as if you were sending a text to a friend!

It makes you look an illiterate idiot!

OK - rant over.

Nah pop no style, a strictly roots!

Offline chimera

• View Profile
Maybe they use those Mini Macs? :)

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

Offline Santi2c

• View Profile
They? Do I represent the idiotic teenage community?  Lovely.  As far as illiterate, I'm far from it, thank you very much, I just choose to write in abbreviated format when I can, but obviously I can't without getting hassled here.  "If you would be so can kind as to" give me your email, rather, electronic mailing address, we can exchange our own great works of written English in the future, that would be fun!

Offline gsmollin

• View Profile
Geez guys, chill, I thought we were all friends here.

Santi2c, I'm not an expert on this subject. Flight-or-fright reactions involve a number of physiological changes to the body. Blood pressure rises, heartbeat increases. Eye pupils constrict. Skin becomes flush, and sweaty. Breathing deepens. This is all so that the body is prepared to defend it's life. The family jewels need safe keeping at this time, so pulling them up into the body cavity seems like a good plan.

Offline Santi2c

• View Profile
thankyou.

Offline OldMan

• View Profile
Yeah could be a way to get them out of harms way. Then again the body might be saying, "mate, if we're going to be running for our life those things are just going to get in the way so how bout we tuck 'em up in preparation eh?"

Tim

Offline DrPhil

• View Profile
Getting them out of harms way makes a lot of sense.

Another possible contributing factor could be that during the fight-or-flight stress reaction blood flow is diverted to the muscles and away from the genitalia. The decreased blood flow may cause the testicles to move up closer to the body in order to stay warm.

Offline memasa

• View Profile
My brother's baby, age 1+, can actually reflexly pull 'em up!
However, I don't remember what the doctor called the reflex.
What a wise kid. It would also be interesting to know how
common this reflex is, or do everybody have it when they're
born.

Someone from Finland

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
It's the cremasteric reflex :

http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/cache/-731185075.htm

- Groucho Marx

Offline Detour

• View Profile
Over bridges and steep hills I get this sensation of my stomach dropping and then rising again fast.  When I was a child I used to beg my mom to drive fast over hills near our home so they would "get my belly", but it's also a sensation that extends further down to my groin.  It also triggers an intense and sudden thirst.  I've felt this sensation on looking down from great heights, riding or driving over bridges, hills, roller coasters, elevators, and once or twice while swimming.  I'm female.
« Last Edit: 01/06/2005 19:43:54 by Detour »

Offline memasa

• View Profile
chris said:

quote:
"It's the cremasteric reflex..."

Now that I think of it I have feeling the doctor called it the
scrotal reflex, but the cremasteric reflex sounds just as rea-
sonable.

Someone from Finland

Offline memasa

• View Profile
quote:
"...The involuntary scrotal reflex is based on temperature: warmth causes relaxation of the dartos muscle, whereas cold causes contration."
Source: http://www.rashaduniversity.com/mrashad/answers1.html

Dartos

"A smooth muscle in the scrotum that causes the surface to wrinkle when it contracts."

Source: http://www.babeland.com/sexinfo/glossary/dartos

drkev

Why does my willy tingle when I drink alcohol? Also my balls ache as well.  Is this the alcohol or an underlying problem I need to get checked?

Live long and Love life

Kevin Fisher

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
quote:
Originally posted by drkev

Why does my willy tingle when I drink alcohol? Also my balls ache as well.  Is this the alcohol or an underlying problem I need to get checked?

Live long and Love life

Kevin Fisher

....Are you dipping the end of your willy in sparkling water when consuming alcohol ?....perhaps as a mixer ?:D....

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
Why didnt i think of that. Maybe its because i've never tried it.
« Last Edit: 01/08/2005 04:23:35 by ukmicky »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums