The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The Large Hadron Collider Is A Great Big Con..Here Is The Proof !!!  (Read 17153 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Dearest Sweetie Luffley Pies Of Indulgent Chrimbo Tasty Niceness,

Ewe Know that Large Hadron Collider thing that they broke ?

Well, check this out !!

I was on that big car park the M25 last week (I was trekking to Bristol).. and lo...what did I see ?

I saw the "So called  ::)" Large Hadron Collider being transported to be fixed..

Here it is...taken by my own fair hand !

Please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they will be discovering the nature of the Universe with that thing !!

To make sure I got it right I spent all night banging on my neighbours wall asking him in Morse code , if any insight into the majestic awe and wonder of the cosmos could be revealed by this and I'm not too sure but eventually, after 4 hours of my polite inquiries I think he answered ' possibly '...it was difficult to tell...because from the cctv I have secretly set up in his bedroom I see he used his head to bang his response to me.....for some reason after only  ten minutes of this he just very rudely cut off the conversation and fell asleep and kind of slumped into a heap. How rude !

An ambulance did call round the following morning for some reason ! I told them to not bother him as I could see he was still asleep !.....

I'll make sure he is ok tonight though !..I have a few more questions to ask him !

Anyway, his dull thudding convinced me...whajafink ?

« Last Edit: 25/11/2008 02:08:25 by neilep »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
So is that the  object of millions of star gazers affections? It looks like the rear in of a hister or fork lift! Lol A Large magnifing glass? Lol...Hmmmm hope your neighborhood  is ok.....Lol

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Thanks Karen.

Well, whilst I'm here the neighbourhood is very safe. As a self proclaimed sheepy vigilante, me and my associate (a worm) patrol the locale to keep things safe.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Thanks Karen.

Well, whilst I'm here the neighbourhood is very safe. As a self proclaimed sheepy vigilante, me and my associate (a worm) patrol the locale to keep things safe.

Thanks for what?? lol.. anyway sorry bout my predictive text.. I meant hope your neighbor is ok! lol lol.. !owever it is good to know that sheept and  his worm friend are keeping the neighbors safe in teir own vigiante way!

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Thanks Karen.

The "worm" being Dr. Beaver, of course.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Thanks Karen.

The "worm" being Dr. Beaver, of course.

The clue is in the name - Doctor Beaver - Doctor BEAVER. Were I a worm my name would be Doctor Worm. Now stop being such a silly little boy and go back to hugging substrates or whatever it is you do for sexual gratification such buggering up your shoulder put an end to your onanistic tendencies.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Gosh, Doctor Beaver is no fun anymore. He is more grumpy than I am.

I was referring to him as a  "worm" as in the definition meaning "a groveling, abject, or contemptible person." It was a joke. His diatribe seems to bear out a hostility somewhat out of proportion to the original statement of fact. Why? Can't he take a joke anymore? Is the syphilis finally getting to his brain? Or is it just old age, the type of behavior seen in homes for the hostile senile elderly?

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Or is it just old age, the type of behavior seen in homes for the hostile senile elderly?

That's something you know a lot about.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Yes, I must say I do. I have helped the elderly and visit them often, volunteering at a nursing home. They do enjoy having a person so much younger than themselves visit with them so their eyes light up when I come around.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
Neil, your LHC or large hairy crotch, looks like some strange pogoing device. Perhaps you are supposed to pogo up to the stars and find out things about the universe that way. Neil perhaps your personal LHC would be a long horned cow.   

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Neil, your LHC or large hairy crotch, looks like some strange pogoing device. Perhaps you are supposed to pogo up to the stars and find out things about the universe that way. Neil perhaps your personal LHC would be a long horned cow.   

LOL !!..you're right !!..It does look like a big bouncy thing !!..I think it would be very fun !!.....Long Horned Cow ?...oh my !!...I'd need steps !!   ;)

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Yes but at least youwould have something to hold onto.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
They do enjoy having a person so much younger than themselves visit with them so their eyes light up when I come around.

Obviously not a good optician near there.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
They do enjoy having a person so much younger than themselves visit with them so their eyes light up when I come around.

Logical fallacy Number 12

"12. Non-Sequitur - In Latin this term translates to "doesn't follow". This refers to an argument in which the conclusion does not necessarily follow from the premises. In other words, a logical connection is implied where none exists."

The fact that some of these I visit have their eyes light up when I arrive does not mean they can see well. It means they recognize me in many other ways, such as hearing my voice or being told that I have entered the room. This does not mean they can hear, either. the old are crafty and can communicate in many ways.

Just because you, Beaver, are devoid of any logic in you small brain, it does not mean that I cannot be logical or state the facts as they exist.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

LOL !!..you're right !!..It does look like a big bouncy thing !!..I think it would be very fun !!.....Long Horned Cow ?...oh my !!...I'd need steps !!   ;)

BEVO, THE LONGHORN Bull - Mascot of the University of Texas at Austin, my Alma Mater - for the illiterate (Dr. Beaver) it means "My benevolent mother (of education)."

Did someone mention the national animal of Texas? This is the animal that was able to survive and give rise to the whole beef and ranching industry in Texas. Ye Haw!

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile

Logical fallacy Number 12

"12. Non-Sequitur - In Latin this term translates to "doesn't follow". This refers to an argument in which the conclusion does not necessarily follow from the premises. In other words, a logical connection is implied where none exists."

The fact that some of these I visit have their eyes light up when I arrive does not mean they can see well. It means they recognize me in many other ways, such as hearing my voice or being told that I have entered the room. This does not mean they can hear, either. the old are crafty and can communicate in many ways.

Just because you, Beaver, are devoid of any logic in you small brain, it does not mean that I cannot be logical or state the facts as they exist.

I am quite aware what non sequitur means. But just because you can spell it does not mean you have employed the phrase appropriately.

So hearing your voice or being told that you are entering the room is how they judge your age? If anything is illogical, that is!

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
and it's a green cow too! It has it's own head-turbine. Or does that make it a Seikh?

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Alma Mater - for the illiterate (Dr. Beaver) it means "My benevolent mother (of education)."

Oh dear. I have to correct you yet gain. "Alma mater" means "A nourishing mother". There is no possessive in the sentence so it cannot be "my" anything. "Mater" being the subject, one uses the nominative case.

"My benevolent mother" in Latin is "Meus charitas matris". (note the use of the genetive case - although some authorities argue that it would be more correct to use the accusative case)

Please try to have at least a modicum of knowledge of a language before making pronouncements about it. As it is, you merely show yourself up.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Please refer to the above picture - it is what Dr. Beaver is spouting:

A LOAD OF INTELLECTUALIZED BULL!

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Just because you can only speak Texican...

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
And just because, as a beaver, you can't operate on a human level ....

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
You're right. I have trouble getting down that far.

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Neils very quiet! I think he is getting it off to the bull picture.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Yes but at least youwould have something to hold onto.

Yeee harrrr !!

Smak that horny cow !!

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
You're right. I have trouble getting down that far.

The beaver level must be one of self-delusion as humans are the superior species.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length