The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why Will Our Kids Be Taller Than Us ?  (Read 14065 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Why Will Our Kids Be Taller Than Us ?
« Reply #25 on: 15/04/2009 11:38:09 »
Wow!!! You are very Tall! cool! I bet you could reach all the apples in my apple ree without the latter!

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15/04/2009 11:47:11 »
lol....anyones welcome to come pick apples any time ou want..Lol.. they won'T be ready until October! Lol... blackberries in august!

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15/04/2009 17:31:33 »
I ate really well when I was pregnant with Murray. He was a whopping baby. It still brings a tear to the eye thinking how big he was at birth. Then with Fred I was too busy looking after Murray to look after myself so well and Fred was tall but skinny at birth. Murray is healthy most of the time and is growing like a weed. Fred seems to be slower growing and constantly has tonsilitus. So perhaps the nutrition during pregnancy theory is correct.

Japanese teenagers height have been very noticably greater. When I lived their 21 years ago, meat was very expensive and hard to get hold of. Now meat is cheaper and common place. There diet has also become more western and the result seems to be taller and fatter people. It is bound to end in tears.
ASDA Jeans Tisk, Tisk!

Offline DrN

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21/04/2009 22:32:49 »
I'm exactly the same height as my mum, and shorter than my dad. Hmm. A sign that i was a deprived child?  ??? Or maybe they had a pretty good diet back in the 50s? post-war, end of rationing, but still growing their own fruit and veg?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #28 on: 21/04/2009 22:32:49 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums