The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Religion/Science  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Sandwalker

• View Profile
Religion/Science
« on: 10/03/2005 16:12:50 »
Hi all

Just a thought, we are never going to stop the religion/science postings, its a bit like trying to kill MRSA.

Lets have a seperate forum under general discusions, where we can all rant on the incompatibility of the two.

I'm back!

Sandwalker

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Re: Religion/Science
« Reply #1 on: 10/03/2005 20:15:37 »
Amen to that !!

Welcome back by the way - where have you been ?!

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Offline Tronix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18/03/2005 03:26:41 »
wouldnt be a bad idea. seems to be a popular subject. but do you really want a thread that will be on fire most of the time from all the angry disscusions. im suprised the thread i made hasnt turned into a flame fest. People generally dont talk about religion for a reason.

we will see if the moderators are up to it. but again, i wouldnot mind and i think it does need to be talked about

--------------------------------------------
"If i cannot have company whose minds are clearly free, I would prefer to go alone."                  -Dr. Gideon Lincecum

The BPRD rejected my application becuase their brain-controled by Cthulhu Rip-offs. And im sure "Sparky" is sleeping with them too, kinky little firecracker she is...

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18/03/2005 08:35:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by Tronix

wouldnt be a bad idea. seems to be a popular subject. but do you really want a thread that will be on fire most of the time from all the angry disscusions. im suprised the thread i made hasnt turned into a flame fest. People generally dont talk about religion for a reason.

we will see if the moderators are up to it. but again, i wouldnot mind and i think it does need to be talked about

--------------------------------------------
"If i cannot have company whose minds are clearly free, I would prefer to go alone."                  -Dr. Gideon Lincecum

The BPRD rejected my application becuase their brain-controled by Cthulhu Rip-offs. And im sure "Sparky" is sleeping with them too, kinky little firecracker she is...

Adrian, do a search around the site and you'll find quite a few threads of the same nature...like this one for instance http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=618

I'm just curious, so can you elaborate as to why you feel it needs to be discussed  on a scientific based website.........I'm not arguing......just asking....at the moment:)

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!
« Last Edit: 18/03/2005 08:37:42 by neilep »

Offline Ultima

• View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 18/03/2005 10:35:45 »
quote:
do you really want a thread that will be on fire most of the time from all the angry disscusions

I thought the flaming thread icon was automatic to say its a "hot topic" i.e. people are posting to the thread.

wOw the world spins?

Offline Sandwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25/03/2005 12:47:21 »
quote:
can you elaborate as to why you feel it needs to be discussed on a scientific based website

Its not that 'I' feel a need, Its that 'they' feel a need, the number of science V religion postings indicates a need for this area to be discussed within the forum, denying them the right to is no better than the religious right refusing to teach/discuss evolution.

I believe the forum to be an area for free (intelligent) speach, serious or humorus, (but not perhaps spellchecked).

A great start is Ch 55 of The Davinci Code, though the book is a work of fiction this chapter is based on fact and shows the new testament as no less a work of fiction written/collated by the roman emperor Costantine the Great, 3.25 centuries later.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25/03/2005 15:29:40 »
Thanks Simon, Pethaps Tronix will add his comment too, anyway, it seems the topic IS debated with vigour anyway whether there is a dedicated part of the site assigned to it or not....

Men are the same as women.... just inside out !!

Offline xardra

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/the_circle_of_isis/index.html
« Reply #7 on: 28/03/2005 20:49:19 »
it's part human nature, and they're both very touchy. both sides are always nice to hae close by, that way you have info redily available...

Science and religion are of the same family, but they hate eachother... Family reunions are a nightmare....

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 28/03/2005 20:49:19 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums