The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Do Tears Ever Run Out ?  (Read 17445 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Do Tears Ever Run Out ?
« on: 06/12/2008 21:49:23 »
Dearest Cryologists,

See Angelina Jolie  here ?

She’s upset !...she’s been told that (yet again) I am unavailable and that she really ought to stop emailing and stalking my pen !..It’s hard to be a wanted sheep but as tough as it is , I am strictly a multi-ewe sheep !

Should Angelina cry all night and day........ will she ever run out of tears ?..or are tears continuously created to be shed as required ?

As a firm believer in empirical study I broke into my neighbours house at 3am this morning………restrained him to his bed and chopped up a thousand onions (I had to wear a helmet)…..four hours passed and his tears kept flowing…after another hour even I could not take it and so I had to leave…..My neighbour was clearly upset to see me leave as he was crying still !...awwww bless him !!.....
So, no answer there , and, as I can’t face returning because of the onion scent, his wailing ,as my auto-onion squeezer continues to squeeze the other 4000 onions I left, seems to indicate that my neighbour is still missing me …awwwww !!

So, do tears remain in constant production or does the body have a tear limit ?

Thanking ewe

Mwah mwah mwah

Sad Sheep

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Do Tears Ever Run Out ?
« Reply #1 on: 07/12/2008 04:08:48 »
The odds are slim but yes your eyes can "run out" of tears. Some people do have to have artificial tears or things to make artificial tears for them. I doubt from crying that will happen though. You might run out if you are extremely dehydrated.
Direct Quote from ""

The Naked Scientists Forum

Do Tears Ever Run Out ?
« Reply #1 on: 07/12/2008 04:08:48 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums