The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What's Comming In 2012?  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Melissa569

• First timers
    • View Profile
What's Comming In 2012?
« on: 26/12/2008 16:11:09 »
Ok, my brother called me the other day, and told me that in 2012, "Planet X" or "Nibiru" is going to enter our solar system and distroy Earth...  Then I looked around in lots of forums and on youtube for more info--- everyone is saying that Planet X will fly close to our sun, allowing us to see 2 suns in the sky, that our north/south poles will switch places, and Earth will be fried by the solar storms that arise from Planet X comming so close to the sun.

And that's all lovely, but...  This information seems to have came from only regular citizens, and doomsayers.

What I'd like to know is-- what do ACTUAL (as in tip-top) scientists have to say about all this?  Is Planet X/Nibiru even real?  Have they confirmed it?  And if they have, what to THEY predict?   
« Last Edit: 26/12/2008 21:32:46 by Melissa569 »

Offline rickard

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: What's Comming In 2012?
« Reply #1 on: 26/12/2008 18:26:19 »
Afaik, 2012 is the latest and greatest theory about when the world as-we-know-it will end.
Different this time around, though, is that there are two schools. One group believes the world will end (in the usual chaotic manner), while another group believes it is the dawn of sprititual enlightment(possibly following the usual chaos and blood spilling).
December 21st, 2012 is picked since this is the end of the Mayan calender.
There are several books, and an upcoming feature film on the subject.
I doubt there are that many reputable scientists looking into it.

Regards,
Rickard

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26/12/2008 20:36:35 »
A rather pale imitation of the Beijing olympic games will be held in London if the money does not run out first.

Offline Melissa569

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26/12/2008 21:27:47 »
A rather pale imitation of the Beijing olympic games will be held in London if the money does not run out first.

ROFLAMO

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What's Comming In 2012?
« Reply #4 on: 26/12/2008 22:35:13 »
Nice one!
Whats all this planet X business? If it was real they would have warned the world already and I think only a handful of people know about it at this moment.

Offline Melissa569

• First timers
    • View Profile
What's Comming In 2012?
« Reply #5 on: 27/12/2008 14:28:49 »
There's a movie comming out about it this summer.  Don't know if it will be in the theaters, or if its going straight to video.  LOTS of YouTube videos and google searches on the subject too, under "2012".  But like I said, its mostly all from regular citizens, nothing from any SERIOUS sources.  And the only time I ever saw it on the news, was when FOX News  took a few minutes out of their routine to laugh and make fun of it. And when you do a Google or YouTube search on the keyword "2012 Hoax", an awful lot of things come up too, with interesting info.   So I dunno, I'm starting to think its a lot of crap, or something to sell movies, books, and survival guides/products. 

And to be honest, survival stuff is totally useless, because if it were really as bad as the doomsayers are implying, nobody outside a government-built bunker would live anyway, no matter what they did.  The more I read about it, the more I think its crap...    The only reason I even started looking into it, was because my older brother was preaching about it, as if it were some kind of news headline.
« Last Edit: 27/12/2008 14:30:44 by Melissa569 »

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What's Comming In 2012?
« Reply #6 on: 27/12/2008 14:34:07 »
No, no. In 2012 Aliens will try to conquer our planet. Didn't you watch "X Files" on TV?  :)

The Naked Scientists Forum

What's Comming In 2012?
« Reply #6 on: 27/12/2008 14:34:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums