The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is There A Frequency Of Blinking Diff Between The Sexes, and Ages & Species ?  (Read 3552 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Dearest Friends, Colleagues, Acquaintances, People Whom I ...have heard of ! :-)

As a sheepy, I of course just need to raise an eyebrow and all manner of wonderful things happen !...baron women become fertile, vasectomies become reversed and oceans part !

So, ewe can imagine the awesome puissance that a mere wink might have !

Look, here's Dorisolina !

She's a cutey...wants me of course ! But I'm not interested !...how can I be ?...after all...I have my reflection don't I ?

But see the frequency at which Dorisolina is blinking ?...she's a feisty blinker eh ?

I'd like to know (as I am sure ewe do too) if there is any difference in the frequency of blinking between girlies and boisies ?...adultsys and childrenys ?

Are the differences represented in other species too ?

whajafink ?

Hugs ewe, shmishes ewe...luffs ewe all !

mwah mwah mwah mwah !!

neil
Blinking Baaad
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: 02/01/2009 02:58:14 by neilep »

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Hummmmmm, Actually I have never wanted to know that.. or at least thought about it....

Those tics with blinking eyes does that count for your question.. I mean would weather or not that happens more to men then women or vice versa, be relevant to your question?

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
We blink so we can re coat the eyes with tears. Do women have drier eyes than men that necessitates more blinking?
I've known people with contact lenses that don't need to blink as often, presumably the lens stops the eye from drying out as much.
I can see no real reason why women would blink more than men or vice versa... it'd be difficult to test since other factors (not just the need to keep the eyes moist) can cause us to blink - including knowing that someone is watching for the times you blink.

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Is it just my imagination :-\ or do babies not blink as often as adults do?

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
They say that babies don't actually cry tears at first, but mine had tear like substances come out of their eyes right from the beginning.. so either the tale is incorrect or my children are abnormal. Babies have their eyes closed a great deal for the first four months anyway...

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
If we assume that little girls cry more than little boys [:-'(] [:-'(], does that make any difference to how many times they blink, I mean, do girls blink more than boys if that were the case? Or is it the other way round? Or no difference at all? :-\

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
I would think that if girls cried more they would be less likely to blink.. since crying is 'super sized' blinking.

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
But don't you blink a lot when you cry? To spread the liquid over your eyeballs?

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
I don't know. Never took much notice.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length