The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Double Slit Experiment Explanation  (Read 10852 times)

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
Double Slit Experiment Explanation
« on: 02/01/2009 16:57:24 »
SECTION 8-2: THE DOUBLE SLIT EXPERIMENT EXPLANATION
    In this section we will look at the Double Slit experiment from a Dot-wave theory perspective. An electron beam hitting a screen will have a distribution around a centerline as explained in section 8-1. The electron oscillates from mass to photonic energy and from charge to electro-photonic energy perpetually. The faster the electrons go the more photonic and electro-photonic dots exist within the electron's superstructure and the greater will be the wavelike aspects of the electron.
 In the double slit experiment the internal mass/energy oscillation coupled with the Doppler Space Time effects cause the distribution. Only one electron at a time is sent through the slits. Instead of two distinct patterns emerging, an interference pattern results.
............................I.........>E
............................I.......>>>C
............................>>>>>>>>> >A
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I             
............................>>>>>>>>>> B
............................I.......>>>D
............................I.........>F 

Figure 8-2
   Figure 8-2 is a simplified version of the double slit experiment in which a beam of electrons can go through the top slit or the bottom slit. For an electron, which is only a particle, the beam will be shown as particles A and particles B.
   The actual experiment shows a distribution of locations of the electrons. Due to the Heisenberg mass/energy principle, we would expect a distribution of electron locations. Thus we expect electrons to appear at C and D and E and F. However we need to explain the interference patterns.
   Since the electron continually oscillates from mass to energy, we expect the Heisenberg uncertainty patterns to exist for the double slit experiment.
    During the experiment, filters were put in place to restrict the number of electrons entering the apparatus. The electron was reduced to near zero speed. Then the electron was accelerated. Therefore we applied extra-ordinary forces upon the electron, which are similar to the flow of the electron into the neutron. Let us repeat equation 1-7:
   Electron = Q + (-Q) + (-Q)                  (8-8)
    In equation 8-8 we see that the electron is composed of three charges. A minus charge and a plus charge combine to produce the mass of the electron. To this we add the charge Q to produce the charge of the electron. When the electron flows into the proton to produce the neutron, the plus charge and the minus charge disappear to produce the mass of another electron.
   Quantum mechanics use the term virtual particles. I have only studied Quantum mechanics the last few weeks but I see that my dot-wave theory intersects some of quantum theory.
  When the electron is reduced to zero speed for the double slit experiment, it splits into three parts. When this happens we no longer have any mass particles since the three charges have no mass.
   As the three virtual particles flow toward the double slit, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle holds true since the electro-dots change from electro-dots to magnetic dots. When they move they are magnetic dots. Thus the Heisenberg principles holds true for electro-magnetic energy as well as grav-photonic energy.
   We then have a distribution patter of electro-waves. Sometimes particles will flow through the double-slits. Often electro-waves or virtual particles will flow through the double slits. The net result is that you have two waves flowing through both slits simultaneously with the resultant interference pattern.

Quantum mechanics states that the electrons could take all possible paths. This is not a correct statement. There is a small distribution of paths, which the three virtual electro-waves could take. The probability of them traveling very far off course is slim.
   The double slit experiment does not prove that the electron can go anywhere it wants to go. The double slit experiment proves that the electron splits into three distinct parts.

lyner

« Reply #1 on: 18/01/2009 18:25:56 »
So how about the diffraction of an electron as it goes through one narrow hole? How many parts then? Or when it is diffracted by a thin piece of graphite?

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18/01/2009 21:39:56 »
So how about the diffraction of an electron as it goes through one narrow hole? How many parts then? Or when it is diffracted by a thin piece of graphite?

In general the electron will remain intact as a single unit most of the time. All you will get is a spot where the center will be very bright and the outside will get less and less. sometimes the electron could split. However in the double slit we slowed the electron greatly and then accelerated it from a zero speed. this put it under more pressure to split.

Yet the electron everyday can split and reconstitute itself in space since spacetime is full of tiny charges that can destroy an electron and reproduce an electron.

lyner

« Reply #3 on: 18/01/2009 23:19:39 »
However in the double slit we slowed the electron greatly
The de Broglie wavelength is given by
λ = h/mv
so, of course,the wavelength would be greater for a slow electron and you'd get a nicer pattern.

Your comment about splitting and reconstitution is just a reference to a manifestation of a probability density function, surely.
« Last Edit: 18/01/2009 23:21:14 by sophiecentaur »

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19/01/2009 16:42:56 »
However in the double slit we slowed the electron greatly
The de Broglie wavelength is given by
λ = h/mv
so, of course,the wavelength would be greater for a slow electron and you'd get a nicer pattern.

Your comment about splitting and reconstitution is just a reference to a manifestation of a probability density function, surely.

It may start out at zero speed but it is accelerated raplidly by the electric field. thus the electron goes through transient conditions which cause it to split some of the time.

the electron moving at near zero velocity will surely have a very long wavelength but will not hit the screen.

lyner

« Reply #5 on: 20/01/2009 18:05:22 »
But, at the time it is going  past the diffracting structure, it will have a long wavelength. Speeding it up later won't affect the 'choice' of direction whilst passing the slits. That is unless it can do something retrospectively.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20/01/2009 23:00:18 »
But, at the time it is going  past the diffracting structure, it will have a long wavelength. Speeding it up later won't affect the 'choice' of direction whilst passing the slits. That is unless it can do something retrospectively.

What are we really saying that it has a very long wavelength when it is basically standing still? It is infinite at zero speed. So the wavelength means nothing at that point. All we have is a object with a spherical oscillation. Then when it moves spherical energy turns into linear momentum with angular momentum. So changes have occurred the minute it starts to move. we then have a transient problem.
   Now the electron moves and sometimes it will split. Often when spherical momentum changes into angular and linear momentum all we get is a change of direction.

The conservation law of momentum as I see it is
Spherical + Angular + Linear Monentum = conserved

Thus there is no guarantee that an accelerating electron will move in a straight line. It will form a wide spot rather than a single point.

There is also no guarantee that the electron will not split. Since in my theory the electron is composed of three charges
  Electron = Q + (-Q) + (-Q)
The first two charges produce mass. The second one is massless and is charge. How often will the electron split? that is a matter of probability. sometimes the changes in momentum will cause the electron to split right away. Sometimes very seldom. The important thing is that the wavelength has little to do with the splitting.
  The fact is that my dot waves do not move in linear motion from point to point. They jump at light speed C. Then they stop. Then they jump again at light speed C. Therefore the electron is filled with dot waves which constantly move at light speed C and then stop.

lyner

« Reply #7 on: 21/01/2009 10:03:10 »
Why do you use the term 'split'?
You imply that it can go in only two ways. The diffraction pattern of a pair of slits is a set of fringes - implying that the electron or photon can go in any number of directions. You will also get fringes for a single slit, an array of slits or a London Bus.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21/01/2009 13:52:50 »
Why do you use the term 'split'?
You imply that it can go in only two ways. The diffraction pattern of a pair of slits is a set of fringes - implying that the electron or photon can go in any number of directions. You will also get fringes for a single slit, an array of slits or a London Bus.

Perhaps I used a bad word. When I say split I meant that the electron split into at least two parts for awhile. Then it comes back together and will return on many different paths producing a wide beam some of the time. Just like trying to focus a flashlight into a single point. We get a wide beam.
  As I see it, the electron is composed of three parts. these parts can stay together or separate for awhile. It is possible for them to permanently separate in space. then they will meet us with space charges and reform one or more electrons and a corresponding positron. Or they could break apart into nothing. Just little charges added to an area of space. The electron is just very flexible.

lyner

« Reply #9 on: 21/01/2009 18:15:59 »
But every particle will diffract. I don't quite know where you are going with this idea, actually.
Why "three parts"? It seems so arbitrary.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21/01/2009 21:43:20 »
But every particle will diffract. I don't quite know where you are going with this idea, actually.
Why "three parts"? It seems so arbitrary.

The main part of my dot-wave theory is that when an electron moves into the proton to form a neutron, the electric field becomes zero and at the same time the mass of an electron or positron is produced. Therefore the electrical field produces mass.

Then the electron itself is a massless charged subparticle and a massless negative subparticle plus another massless negative subparticle
 Then we have
1.602E-19 coulombs + (-1.602E-19)coulombs = 0.9109E-30kilograms
It takes two massless charges to produce the mass of an electron
If we add another negative charge we have an electron
If we add anothher positive charge we have a positron
 The world of electricity has no mass. The world of mechanics has no charge. The junction of the worlds are the transformation of electrical energy into mechanical energy by means of the above simple equation.

lyner

« Reply #11 on: 22/01/2009 13:01:36 »
Your "simple equation" is dimensionally unbalanced so how can you take it any further?
« Last Edit: 22/01/2009 14:12:46 by sophiecentaur »

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25/01/2009 14:24:35 »
Your "simple equation" is dimensionally unbalanced so how can you take it any further?

My equations go beyond the standard. Mass is a transfomation of charge. Thus plus coulombs added to minus coulombs combine to form kilograms.

1.602E-19 coulombs + (-1.602E-19 coulombs) = 9.9109E-31 kilograms

this arises when an electron moves into the proton to form a neutron. The electrical field between the proton and electron is reduced to zero in the process. The intergral of the electrical energy from infinity to the radius of the proton equals the energy of one electron mass. Thus the above equations shows how electrical energy produces mass.

lyner

« Reply #13 on: 25/01/2009 18:53:58 »
You can't really do that. If you are using named quantities, like mass and charge, then you are acknowledging certain things about them. Unless you introduce some further quantity to relate them (with the appropriate units) then your equation is meaningless.
10 bananas can never equal 10 apples
unless you introduce some banana to apple factor. Without that, the maths has no meaning.
You may know what you mean when you say what you say but your maths doesn't say it.
If we can't rely on the maths then we can't make any progress at all.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25/01/2009 22:50:24 »
You can't really do that. If you are using named quantities, like mass and charge, then you are acknowledging certain things about them. Unless you introduce some further quantity to relate them (with the appropriate units) then your equation is meaningless.
10 bananas can never equal 10 apples
unless you introduce some banana to apple factor. Without that, the maths has no meaning.
You may know what you mean when you say what you say but your maths doesn't say it.
If we can't rely on the maths then we can't make any progress at all.

What I started with years ago were charts of relationships between mass and charge. Mass could equal charge times velocity, mass could equalcharge over velocity or mass equals charge. Then all the units can be interconnected. From these we can produce a large amount of mathematical relationships to study. It takes years to study the relationships.

The result of my studies agreed with the amount of energy lost when an electron flows into the proton. Some other scientists felt it was foolish for us to have so many different units for energy.

Ultimately coulombs and kilograms are related. However what is self-evident to me is not necessarily self-evident to others. They have to be presented with my work and see for themselves the truth of it. It is a big breakthrough since once you understand the charge and kilograms are two basic transformation properties, you understand the entire universe.

I have been presenting these ideas for a very long time but unfortunately it has only been the last few months that I finished my work. So now at 70 years old I am unable to self-publish and get my ideas across. I spend so much money,time and effort in the past that I am left with little ability to present my case.
  Anyway it is my hobby. It is a great hobby. The transformation from mass to charge was a tough but fun endeavor.
   As I look around in the world, there are millions of people with millions of theories all competing for their ideas. It is really impossible for anyone to move ahead especially with such radical ideas as I have presented. So I have to be content to cast out a few words to the few who would listen. In the end, it is just a ripple on an ocean of contrasting viewpoints. So I solved the universe and yet it is just a personal pleasure.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #15 on: 25/01/2009 23:02:44 »
I know how you feel jerrygg38 :) The fact of discovery, when you do it, brings a euphoria so great that it can keep you going for years. It doesn't really matter whether the discovery brings a clear vision to others as long as you can see it yourself.

But discovery is like an invention. It needs to bring new and useful tools that we can use to understand the nature of things.
« Last Edit: 25/01/2009 23:05:20 by Vern »

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26/01/2009 02:27:35 »
I know how you feel jerrygg38 :) The fact of discovery, when you do it, brings a euphoria so great that it can keep you going for years. It doesn't really matter whether the discovery brings a clear vision to others as long as you can see it yourself.

But discovery is like an invention. It needs to bring new and useful tools that we can use to understand the nature of things.
It is exciting. Yet when I self published Doppler Space Time in 2000, I had the money to do it. Many people liked it but unfortunately by the time I finished getting the 1500 copies I paid for, I realized it was not good enough.
  I used to borrow on the house to finance my ventures. Well it caught up with me. I sold and downsized last year and did not do that well. Like everyone else the bubble burst. So I had a chance with my work and failed. Publishers are basically interested in how much money they can make. Self publishing is great if you have the extra money. Now I am reduced to the internet. I moved to Cary NC and was hopeing to get an Engineering job for the extra money. Now who can find a job? At 70 I can get by but not with my self-publishing venture which are fun but not profit making. All I can do now is return to a part-time handyman business as soon as the whether gets better. I like to fix things.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #17 on: 26/01/2009 12:58:43 »

It is exciting. Yet when I self published Doppler Space Time in 2000, I had the money to do it. Many people liked it but unfortunately by the time I finished getting the 1500 copies I paid for, I realized it was not good enough.
  I used to borrow on the house to finance my ventures. Well it caught up with me. I sold and downsized last year and did not do that well. Like everyone else the bubble burst. So I had a chance with my work and failed. Publishers are basically interested in how much money they can make. Self publishing is great if you have the extra money. Now I am reduced to the internet. I moved to Cary NC and was hopeing to get an Engineering job for the extra money. Now who can find a job? At 70 I can get by but not with my self-publishing venture which are fun but not profit making. All I can do now is return to a part-time handyman business as soon as the whether gets better. I like to fix things.
I don't think you can do better than the Internet as a place to publish. You can pay to have books printed but people will be less likely to read a book than to scan a web page. It all comes down to content. If people see something they like; they will go for it :)

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27/01/2009 02:48:35 »

I don't think you can do better than the Internet as a place to publish. You can pay to have books printed but people will be less likely to read a book than to scan a web page. It all comes down to content. If people see something they like; they will go for it :)

I guess the internet is my last hope unless I win the lottery. I self published 4 books. It is a fun thing to do as long as you are not trying to break even on the money. It was always a tax deduction for me. Yet when you grow older you no longer are in the tax paying bracket. I used to send them free to many college libraries and was happy when years later some students told me they read my books. I had a few college professors who liked my Doppler Space Time. Sadly it was not good enough. Now that I am better, I am poorer.
   I cannot complain. I was a working Enginner. At Con Edison I designed 4000 volt distribution systems for the Bronx NY. At City of NY, I designed the Hutchenson River Parkway lighting and the Long Island Expressway. I walked the Verizonno Bridge on the side rail when they were putting it up (not my job but I was invited by the foreway) Scary as hell! I worked for Port Authority and did the fuel pumping system at Kennedy. At Sperry I designed the gun electronics for the 5 inch guns for the Belnap and Ageis destroyers. So I always had fun until the big layoff in 1993.
   Solving the universe is my hobby. In 1991 I thought I could do it in a few months. Months tured to years and then decades. I suffer from a compulsive neurosis. I think I can do it so I keep trying. Even today I had some thought of what makes the charge Q 1.602E-19 coulombs. Why this number? I was happy I got the ratio of the mass of the proton to the mass of the electron as a byproduct of my gravitational equation. But why is the charge Q this number?????
   So my work never ends. Perhaps it will keep me from having early alzheimers, perhaps not!
   Spring will be here soon. Time to plant. Time to fix my cars. Time to restart my handiman business. Time to paint the house. I have many hobbies. I must have some fun everyday. I hope you are right about the internet. I always used to see some books from people who say my work. Often I just give them away for free. I am not a businessman. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate them.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #19 on: 28/01/2009 12:53:48 »
You have done some very interesting work ! Most of my engineering time was in designing communication systems. I invented one of the early Packet Switching systems like the one used to build the Internet. That was fun:)

It is difficult for an engineer like you and I to accept the weird descriptions that physicists ascribe to the universe. Engineers have to design things that work. So that leads us to speculate, and most of the time we don't have all the tools we need to do a good job of that.

Still; it is fun; and yes; I think it does lead to a more healthy mind.
« Last Edit: 28/01/2009 12:56:12 by Vern »

lyner

« Reply #20 on: 28/01/2009 22:35:10 »
It is difficult for an engineer like you and I to accept the weird descriptions that physicists ascribe to the universe.

Possibly, but Engineers are very pragmatic people and they soon take up the results of the new Physics. Tunnel Diodes, Shottkey diodes, Hall Effect Probes and all the others have very quickly become bread and butter engineering stuff.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #21 on: 29/01/2009 15:00:14 »
It is difficult for an engineer like you and I to accept the weird descriptions that physicists ascribe to the universe.

Possibly, but Engineers are very pragmatic people and they soon take up the results of the new Physics. Tunnel Diodes, Shottkey diodes, Hall Effect Probes and all the others have very quickly become bread and butter engineering stuff.
Yep; that's what we do. We take the weird ideas and actually get our fingers burnt trying to make them work in some gadget. So its all good thinking; I admire the physicists. Sometimes I wish I had gone to university that extra year or so.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30/01/2009 02:23:35 »

When I went to Poly till 1966, transistors were new. We learned tube amplifiers. When I went to sperry in 1967, some of the techs only had worked on tubes their whole life. I started with the 2N393 germanian transistors for many circuits. So we had to learn on the job. Then came silicon transitors and fancy switches. then we were making chips with gold wires under a microscope. Over the years things changed so fast.
  Then we were building the ring lazer gyro. I only worked on a little part of it and I never really learned how it worked. It was funny a gyroscope without any moving parts.
   Often I was the problem solver when no one could find the answer. I would solve the problems but I would never really understand why my solutions worked. But they always worked. So I always came up with answers but never explanations. And they did not care. All anyone cared about was making something work which did not work.
   So an Engineer can work in the dark and make things work without really understanding why.
   In my physics, I do not have to fully understand what is happening. I can find a thevenin equivalent or a black box equivalent of something which gives me easy equations to explain the universe.
   Where do  my answers come from? I wake up with them. Then I study them. If I can find something wrong with them, I replace them. Basically it is trial and error.

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01/02/2009 22:18:31 »
jerrygg38 It sounds like you lived an interesting and varied life.
Both you and Vern are good guys, and you both have a dream of solving this universal puzzle.
You made me think of a book I read some years ago.

It's called 'Winter's Tale' by Mark Helprin.
I think you would like it.

If one have a dream one shouldn't be afraid of trying.
That's all there is to it, really:)

After all, it's dreams that created our life's.
And there are all to few that have them:)
« Last Edit: 01/02/2009 22:25:53 by yor_on »

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05/02/2009 22:50:54 »
jerrygg38 It sounds like you lived an interesting and varied life.
Both you and Vern are good guys, and you both have a dream of solving this universal puzzle.
You made me think of a book I read some years ago.

It's called 'Winter's Tale' by Mark Helprin.
I think you would like it.

If one have a dream one shouldn't be afraid of trying.
That's all there is to it, really:)

After all, it's dreams that created our life's.
And there are all to few that have them:)

Yes. I have very vivid dreams. The dreams seem to understand things much better than myself. I just study them. They come and go. I wake up and study the dreams and equations. evidently my mind never sleeps. all night it tries to solve the universe. Oh well. It is my hobby.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 05/02/2009 22:50:54 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums