The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Sir.Isaac Newton Vs. Albert Einstein ?? who is the best in Physics and Math ??  (Read 12020 times)

ScientificBoysClub

Sir.Isaac Newton Vs. Albert Einstein ?? who is the best in Physics and Math ??  ::) ???

so, PLz comment on it .. cos,.........
 Einstein showed this creativity using his Relativity!!!
 Newton proved his action with big reaction !!

Who is the best in Physics ?? and math ?? ..

and what if they both play chess ?? and who would win this awesome mind game ? and other mind games ... Plz comment on this ?? !!  ::)

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
I don't think there's any doubt that Newton was the better mathematician. In physics, I think Newton may still have the edge; but it's a close run thing.

ScientificBoysClub

I don't think there's any doubt that Newton was the better mathematician. In physics, I think Newton may still have the edge; but it's a close run thing.
ok , what about if they both play chess game or mind games who will win??

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
ok , what about if they both play chess game or mind games who will win??

Einstein was more of the Mind Game type thinker. I don't know about Chess. Einstein visualized himself traveling along with a photon and watching how it moved through space.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Chess is about more than just intelligence. It's like asking which of them would play the bassoon better.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
Chess is about more than just intelligence. It's like asking which of them would play the bassoon better.

I think that Newton was more of a trumpet man. Einstein was wicked with the spoons though.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile

I think that Newton was more of a trumpet man. Einstein was wicked with the spoons though.

Newton was certainly good at blowing his own trumpet. Einstein's prowess with the spoons was legendary.

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
Both of these people changed our view of physics in a radical way; they both introduced paradigm shifts in our view of how the universe worked.  I think I'd have to go with Newton too though.  Although Albert's achievements were as significant as Sir Isaac's, in his time, much of Einstein's achievement was in correctly interpreting a lot of stuff that had already been discovered, but not understood.  Newton, on the other hand, did as much discovery as interpretation.

Offline yor_on

• (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
Both were great thinkers.
Both built on others.

Einstein seemed cooler though:)
Newton was at times rather, ah, arrogant?
But he was so far past the others it seems at that place and age.
So maybe he's excused?

But Einstein had a very underhanded humor:)

---------

The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand.
The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat.

You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles.
The wireless is the same, only without the cat.

A.E

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
I thought Einstein played the cello. Playing music helps you unwind and unwinding the mind is essential for their kind of thinking. Newton was nothing until he was forced to take a break in his studies due to the plague. He went off to the countryside, chilled and started to think clearly about gravity.
Who is the best well I'm fonder of Einstein as his thinking was truly bizarre. He asked the right questions which is sometimes more important than finding the right answers.

Offline erickejah

• Parking? I make my own parking spot!!
    • View Profile
I'm fonder of Einstein as his thinking was truly bizarre. He asked the right questions which is sometimes more important than finding the right answers.
I agree, not just asking the right question but unraveling persistence that he had.

Offline erickejah

• View Profile
I heard that one of Einstein's theories disprove one of Newton's theory how true is this?
Einstein's theory if remember well is about the space pushing us to the earth, not the earth pulling us.  ??? ??? :D :D ;D ;D

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
I heard that one of Einstein's theories disprove one of Newton's theory how true is this?
Einstein's theory if remember well is about the space pushing us to the earth, not the earth pulling us.  ??? ??? :D :D ;D ;D

Einstein showed that Newton's law of gravity was incomplete. However, Newton was close enough that it is his laws that we use for sending spacecraft to the moon and even to the far reaches of the solar system.

Offline erickejah

• View Profile
can you be more explicit, DB

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Newton's laws suffice to explain phenomena such as the orbits of planets, the trajectory of bullets, how fast objects will fall to Earth etc. General Relativity goes beyond that and explains gravity in terms of curvature of spacetime. Newton never thought of a connection between space & time.

Offline erickejah

• View Profile

ScientificBoysClub

yeah it's about gravity !!...... and don't consider modern knowledge of einstein cos .. during newtons times there was very less Knowledge ?? >>??

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums