The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is penis length genetically determined?  (Read 39547 times)

Jam Sandwich

Is penis length genetically determined?
« on: 20/01/2009 10:30:02 »
Jam Sandwich  asked the Naked Scientists:

Is penis length genetically determined - I mean is it carried from one generation to the next? Or do scientists have more important things to worry about.

James from Derby

What do you think?

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20/01/2009 10:38:45 »
Jam Sandwich  asked the Naked Scientists:

Is penis length genetically determined
If it was, how would it work with women? ??? Can anybody tell me?

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #2 on: 20/01/2009 12:46:52 »
I thought it was determined by a ruler!

Or in my case a yard stick

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20/01/2009 20:32:50 »
As a young mother our children would often go naked in the paddling pool. We started a converation about penis size and it did seem to corrilate. The kid with the walnut willy had a Dad with a walnut willy.
On the ladies side I guess you look at the father or the brother. That did seem to have some relevance too although not everyone had or admitted to seeing said father's or brother's trouser snake. 

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20/01/2009 20:37:34 »

Is penis length genetically determined

Not according to the spam emails I get.

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20/01/2009 22:37:50 »
good old wiki..

While results vary across studies, the consensus is that the mean human penis is approximately 12.9–15 cm (5.1–5.9 in) in length with a 95% confidence interval of (10.7 cm, 19.1 cm) (or, equivalently, 4.23 in, 7.53 in).[9][10][11] The typical girth or circumference is approximately 12.3 cm (4.85 in) when fully erect. The mean penis size is slightly greater than the median size.

Size at birth
Frequency graph of LifeStyles length data.
Percentile plot of LifeStyles length data.
Frequency plot of LifeStyles circumference data.
Percentile plot of LifeStyles circumference data.

The average stretched penile length at birth is about 4 cm (1.6 in), and 90% of newborn boys will be between 2.4 and 5.5 cm (0.9 and 2.2 in). Limited growth of the penis occurs between birth and 5 years of age, but very little occurs between 5 years and the onset of puberty. The average size at the beginning of puberty is 6 cm (2.4 in) with adult size reached about 5 years later. W.A. Schonfeld published a penis growth curve in 1943.[12]

Size with aging

Age is not believed to negatively correlate with penis size. “Individual research studies have ... suggested that penis size is smaller in studies focusing on older men, but Wylie and Eardley found no overall differences when they collated the results of various studies [over a 60 year period].”[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_penis_size

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20/01/2009 22:48:59 »
more on wiki

It has been suggested that penis size differences between individuals is caused not only by genetics, but also by environmental factors such as culture, diet, chemical/pollution exposure,[55][56][57][58] etc. Endocrine disruption resulting from chemical exposure has been linked to genital deformation in both sexes (among many other problems). Chemicals from both synthetic (e.g. pesticides, anti-bacterial Triclosan, plasticizers for plastics, etc...) and natural (e.g. chemicals found in tea tree oil and lavender oil[59]) sources have been linked to various degrees of endocrine disruption. The plasticizer DEHP has been associated with smaller penis size. DEHP metabolites measured from the blood of pregnant women have been significantly associated with the decreased penis width, shorter anogenital distance, and the incomplete descent of testes of their newborn sons, replicating effects identified in animals.[60] Approximately 25% of US women have phthalate levels similar to those in the study.[60]

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21/01/2009 00:27:42 »
Do people who take steroids really have shrunken genitals?

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21/01/2009 23:01:48 »
Do people who take steroids really have shrunken genitals?

I think it's more that excessive use of steroids causes erectile dysfunction.

lyner

« Reply #9 on: 22/01/2009 14:16:09 »
The family always remark, about a new baby, "he's got his father's nose" but never "he's got his father's dick". I wonder what that proves.

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #10 on: 22/01/2009 17:33:36 »
The family always remark, about a new baby, "he's got his father's nose" but never "he's got his father's dick". I wonder what that proves.

Proves the baby's a girl!!!

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22/01/2009 18:25:20 »
I've seen a program about girls with oversized cliterus's that would bring the last statment into doubt. But enough about my DVD collection. How can culture alter the size of your penis?

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #12 on: 22/01/2009 21:23:41 »
I'll stick mine in a jar of agar overnight and see what happens.

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22/01/2009 21:30:46 »
Ewww... [xx(] [xx(]
You'll end up a bloody mess!

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23/01/2009 07:32:01 »
I'll stick mine in a jar of agar overnight and see what happens.
Come on! Spit it out, what happened?

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #15 on: 23/01/2009 11:09:40 »
Well I went to bed last night with my John Thomas stuck in a jar of agar. Around the neck of the jar I tied some knicker elastic which I borrowed from the sewing box, the remaining length of this elastic I then tied around my bum to hold the jar firmly in place on said pyjama python.

"What the???” Exclaimed the Mrs.

I explained the content of this thread and the experiment I was conducting.

"Right!" Said ‘er in bed, with a distinct tone of distain and disbelief. "Just what manner of science forum is this?" she rhetorically enquired, "Pervy science?" she again rhetorically enquired.

Then, with a single action, she leapt from the bed and across the room. She grasped the jar with both hands and pulled. The suction created by the sudden removal of the agar filled jar from my manhood brought a tear to my eye. But this was as nothing by comparison to what was to follow. My two veg were pulled up with such force that it seemed they would evacuate my body through my Willie. But before any such a catastrophe could happen, my good lady's grip on the jar was countered by the slippery agar on the outer surface of the jar and the elastic tied around my nether region. With great speed and force, the jar hurtled back toward from whence it had originated. In the ensuing collision I have to report that the jar was the undisputed winner. At its first point of contact it sent a shock wave down the length of my unfortunate appendage, between my legs, straight up my spine and culminating in a whiplash effect at the back of my neck.

As all this was happening, my cobblers returned to their normal position after what seemed like a bungee jump, only to be the point of the second strike of the agar filled jar. The jar's strike was with perfect precision, landing dead centre between them. As my two little friends were parted by the force of the jar coming between them, I felt an excruciating pain the like of which I have never before experienced. As they flew out on either side of the jar, the normally protective sack in which they reside became their own worst enemy. Restricting the sideways traverse, as it did, it caused them to alter direction. They were now travelling with great velocity around the circumference of the jar, destined for a head-on collision with each other. As the inevitable occurred, it brought my sense of pain to whole new level. The tears were no longer streaming down my cheeks, for now they were issuing from my eyes like a garden sprinkler.

The jar bounced off my person and, restricted by the elastic, returned to make further strikes upon my bent and bruised anatomy. Such was my predicament, that I was reeling on the bedchamber floor in agony. But my torture was not yet over. Not placated or satisfied by my obvious discomfort, my good lady launched a seething and definitive second attack on my private parts. Raising herself on her left leg, she swung her right behind her, her entire body following in this direction. Then with much gusto, she swung her right foot, the full force of her entire body behind it, in the direction of my groin, shouting “GOAL” as contact was made. Since I was already doubled up with pain, I now became tripled up with pain.

As my dearest then suggested, I crawled and slithered to the bathroom to remove my experimental equipment and wash off the residual agar. I returned, whimpering, to the bedchamber and, following instructions, curled into a protective, foetal ball at the foot of the bed, where fortunately I passed out.

Results of the experiment

I can report that, despite the short period of insertion into the agar culture, there has been a definite increase in the size of my meat & two veg. Hopefully the swelling will go down in a few days.

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23/01/2009 11:16:42 »
Results of the experiment

I can report that, despite the short period of insertion into the agar culture, there has been a definite increase in the size of my meat & two veg. Hopefully the swelling will go down in a few days.

That is good to hear!

Offline JnA

• Neilep Level Member
  • Stunt Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23/01/2009 22:58:59 »
How can culture alter the size of your penis?

so, I spent the last two days thinking about this and I guess they mean that in some cultures a smaller (or larger) than average penis (taking into account averages across cultural groups) is prevalent.
Cultural groups influencing penis size???   

what do you think?

(or they are just talking about varying definitions of 6inches)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #17 on: 23/01/2009 22:58:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length