The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Are there any weight loss products that have no side effects?  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Monalissa

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have tried so many products for losing weight.  But so far I havenít found any products which give good results without any side effects.  Now, I'm looking for products that have no side effects and can help me to control my weight. Can anyone help me?

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What do you mean by side effects? Diarhoea? Vomiting? Headaches? Or worse? Are you just trying to lose weight or also trying to gain muscles mass?

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
It's stealth spam Chemistry4me.

Monalissa's alter ego will be offering a (useless/harmful) weight loss product shortly. 
« Last Edit: 21/01/2009 11:33:05 by RD »

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I'm going to go with goodwill on this one and assume that it's not stealth spam.  Of course, if I'm wrong then any product names or links will be removed and blacklisted from the site, so a spammer will have actually shot themselves in the foot by blocking people from discussing their products at all!  Not to mention, we will know from the IP address if it's the same person under a different name, and ban them both.

I'm sorry to say that the only guaranteed and side effect free way to lose weight is to consume fewer calories than you expend.  This can be very difficult, but a good trick is to drink a lot of water - this helps to make you feel full, while not contributing any calories.  (Actually, there is a side effect to this - more frequent trips to the toilet!)

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Well, just in case it isn't, have a loot at this Monalissa

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
Here are two good products for loosing weight:-

Good food (in the right quantities)
Exercise

Most other products can only help as part of a daily regime which would include the above OR will boost WEIGHT LOSS in the wallet/purse department!

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
little point in attempting to stop spam posts* when this type of ad appears...

The only way anyone is going to lose 20lbs that rapidly is by amputating a leg.

[* except that spam posters are not paying for the advertisement}.

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
RD - I think that over the last few days, Neil might have found an alternative method....it is no less pleasant but less drastic.

Also, I thought you got rid of your ad's. I'm sure that the young lady holding her bottom has nothing to do with this..

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Yes I can get rid of the all the Google ads by switching the security setting on my browser (IE7) to high,
 but when I visit other sites I put it back on medium,
so when I return to TNS I can see the ads until I set the security setting back to high.

It is possible to set website specific security settings by putting http://www.thenakedscientists.com on the resticted sites list on my browser ...

I've never had to use this before.
« Last Edit: 21/01/2009 14:10:18 by RD »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
RD - I think that over the last few days, Neil might have found an alternative method....it is no less pleasant but less drastic.

... I'm sure that the young lady holding her bottom has nothing to do with this..

If the young lady had just lost 20lbs in 10 days from a diarrheal illness she would have good reason to hold her bottom,
 but she wouldn't be smiling.
« Last Edit: 21/01/2009 14:24:08 by RD »

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage

Also, I thought you got rid of your ad's. I'm sure that the young lady holding her bottom has nothing to do with this..

If the young lady had just lost 20lbs in 10 days from a diarrheal illness she would have good reason to hold her bottom,
 but she wouldn't be smiling.

Urrr, what a hideous thought, and there I was just about to offer to hold her bottom for her!!!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums