The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any insomnia support groups?  (Read 524483 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #300 on: 09/02/2007 05:38:33 »
I am amazed we are all still up... Its early for me..

Hi Karen Mam,

Hope you find some relief also...hugs ewe

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #301 on: 09/02/2007 05:42:50 »
yeah your right....it is treating the symptom but atleast u feel alive rather than half dead!!...

i usually live on diet pepsi, red-bull and pro-plus tabs to get me thru the day....but not enough stimulant to be honest....

so when do u reckon you will get to sleep today?

You are taking in quite a lot of stimulant though.....do you take pro plus and red bulls, pepsi every day ?

*le sigh*...I know I will be awake until at least 9am....though......I am shattered right now...

I feel awful that you need to be at work soon............could you not.....well.. ...sneakily call in sick or something ?......just for today....?...what do you do ?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #302 on: 09/02/2007 05:45:10 »
 Thanks Neil, Hugs you too! How are you today.. Is everything going to work out with that set of rings? I hope so. Today was a dilly at work.. kids had lots of energy to burn.. But they were very good kiddies considering the volume of the group today! LOL They were in LOud mode!! Very Loud!

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #303 on: 09/02/2007 05:49:19 »
lol...i was off sick yesterday as i was seriously feeling crap...im shattered now but think i should be able to get thru the day today!!...esp since ive got some work to finish off!

im an industrial chemist which isnt good as im handling hazardous chemicals everyday....but i guess when your always sleep deprived u learn to concentrate more on tasks just to make sure your doing things right....

i take atleast one from the list everyday or a cocktail on some days but before u say lose the "uppers" it might help u sleep ...i have tried that for over 4 months and no difference!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #304 on: 09/02/2007 05:56:09 »
 Yeah, if I drank all that stuff I would absolutly never sleep!I already get very little.. so I am careful about caffiene and such.. I am also allergic to it!! LOL so it has to be very limited..or I become a big big itchy thing constantly scratching....

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #305 on: 09/02/2007 06:00:15 »
anyways hope u guys have a good day and sleep well (Neil)!....im going to go for a bit of a drive and then get some shopping done at the local asda before work...

take care...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #306 on: 09/02/2007 06:26:54 »
You have a good day too!

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #307 on: 10/02/2007 19:19:19 »
some news for us sleep deprived ppl....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6347043.stm

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #308 on: 10/02/2007 19:43:28 »
some news for us sleep deprived ppl....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6347043.stm

This I took from your link.. many of these things are known already.. !

"People who experience a lack of sleep experience concentration problems and other difficulties."

I find this very true in my case also.. many other things they mentioned also.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #309 on: 10/02/2007 20:46:44 »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #310 on: 10/02/2007 21:05:44 »
 Its not like we don't already know we have memory problems or trouble concentrating... what the heck is a few less brain cells funtioning eh??? LOL LOL

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #311 on: 10/02/2007 21:08:52 »
Its not like we don't already know we have memory problems or trouble concentrating... what the heck is a few less brain cells funtioning eh??? LOL LOL

Sorry...and ewe are ?...............................LOL !

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #312 on: 10/02/2007 21:11:08 »
OH MY GOSH....... I DON"T KNOW.............LOL LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #313 on: 10/02/2007 21:13:45 »
By the way.. The Nokia folks were a royal pain earlier whilst I tried to delete all their multiple posts!!! LOL

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #314 on: 10/02/2007 21:22:24 »
its funny how these sleep articles keep coming out just confirming things that we already know...but losing this much sleep cannot be good....

I remember when i had an allnighter and ended up watching telly most of the night, and one of the programs that came on was how to live longer...and while i was shattered and probably on my millionth attempt to catch some zzzzz'z the program tells me that u could shave a number of years of your life if you dont get enough sleep!!....well that was nice!!!!

my uncle told me today that apparently cherries can help u sleep...anyone heard of that?..i'll try googling it sometime....

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #315 on: 10/02/2007 21:32:32 »
nope, never heard of cherries doing that.. i will google it some time..

Hey Neil, or anyone else.. do you know of these tablets.. Yesterday the doctor said he wants me to add these to my meds.. LOL It says Rozerem, Rameteon.I am leary about trying them.. I looked them up on net after he wrote it up.. it says they are not addictive and are supposed to boost your serotonin levels.. Have you guys ever used them.. I do not like pills.
« Last Edit: 10/02/2007 23:30:11 by Karen W. »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #316 on: 10/02/2007 23:21:53 »
its funny how these sleep articles keep coming out just confirming things that we already know...but losing this much sleep cannot be good....

I remember when i had an allnighter and ended up watching telly most of the night, and one of the programs that came on was how to live longer...and while i was shattered and probably on my millionth attempt to catch some zzzzz'z the program tells me that u could shave a number of years of your life if you dont get enough sleep!!....well that was nice!!!!

my uncle told me today that apparently cherries can help u sleep...anyone heard of that?..i'll try googling it sometime....

The only way cherries would make me sleep would be if a crate of them fell on my head !!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #317 on: 10/02/2007 23:22:59 »
nope, never heard of cherries doiny that.. i will goole it some time..

Hey Neil, or anyone else.. do you know of these tablets.. Yesterday the doctor said he wants me to add these to my meds.. LOL It says Rozerem, Rameteon.I am leary about trying them.. I looked them up on net after he wrote it up.. it says they are not addictive and are supposed to boost your serotonin levels.. Have you guys ever used them.. I do not like pills.

Sorry Karen Mam......never heard of them....me would be inclined to give them a go though...espesh if the doctor prescribed them !!...they sound pretty cool !!..YAYYYYYYYY !!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #318 on: 10/02/2007 23:23:24 »
Zwitty !!...me bets ewe did not make that appointment eh ?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #319 on: 10/02/2007 23:31:56 »
I do not want to try them unless I find someone who has used them and had success.. I hate pills!!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #320 on: 10/02/2007 23:34:19 »
I do not want to try them unless I find someone who has used them and had success.. I hate pills!!

Don't ewe think the doctor knows better than another patients opinion karen mam ?

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #321 on: 11/02/2007 00:28:35 »
Zwitty !!...me bets ewe did not make that appointment eh ?

O.K i confess i didnt...i did try ringing three times and once they didnt pick up and the other 2 it was engaged!!...and i gave up then!!

i just dont want to go again and find that they cant do anything for me and have another failed attempt at trying to sort it out!!...i know i shouldnt think like that but cant help it...and your right about playing up your symptoms but i just cant u know...i have found a sleep clinic locally so i will ask my doc to refer me to them...

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #322 on: 11/02/2007 00:29:53 »

Don't ewe think the doctor knows better than another patients opinion karen mam ?

i wouldnt be too sure...the docs ive spoken to dont have a clue about insomnia in general and just assume your stressed or depressed....even tho ive told them im not...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #323 on: 11/02/2007 00:44:39 »

I know the Doctor is a good person, but I also know that they support drug companies and they support the doctors, so for my sanity and well being, I prefer to know about actual cases where I can hear about the resuts and know what to expect.. All he said was it was new and we should start it right away.. I had to look it up To find out more about it!! But I was hoping to find kind of first hand information about it... so There!!!! LOL You know Neil how it makes you feel the day after or for several days.. It is non addictive which is good, as I tend to have an addictive personality.. LOL so I need to be careful with what I put into this old rickety castle ov mine, I don't want to find my walls crumbling around me feet!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #324 on: 11/02/2007 01:56:32 »

i wouldnt be too sure...the docs ive spoken to dont have a clue about insomnia in general and just assume your stressed or depressed....even tho ive told them im not...

me is a very cynical sheep !!..but I would give my doctor the benefit of doubt !!..after all...he is a doctor !!....It's just that in this case...if Karens doctor is aware of this new drug then he must have done a little bit of research into it.......but I do understand your doubts.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #324 on: 11/02/2007 01:56:32 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums