The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any insomnia support groups?  (Read 524591 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #325 on: 11/02/2007 01:59:12 »
I do not want to try them unless I find someone who has used them and had success.. I hate pills!!

Don't ewe think the doctor knows better than another patients opinion karen mam ?

I know the Doctor is a good person, but I also know that they support drug companies and they support the doctors, so for my sanity and well being, I prefer to know about actual cases where I can hear about the resuts and know what to expect.. All he said was it was new and we should start it right away.. I had to look it up To find out more about it!! But I was hoping to find kind of first hand information about it... so There!!!! LOL You know Neil how it makes you feel the day after or for several days.. It is non addictive which is good, as I tend to have an addictive personality.. LOL so I need to be careful with what I put into this old rickety castle ov mine, I don't want to find my walls crumbling around me feet!

Oh boy !!..the politics of doctors and drug companies.....

Karen Mam....is this a drug that you would have to pay top dollar for ?....over here....we just pay a flat prescription fee for each drug.

I know in the states there is no national Health system but does insurance cover the costs of prescriptions ?...and if you don't have insurance then how much is this drug gonna cost you ?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #326 on: 11/02/2007 02:52:25 »
I do not know.. I have insurance for the time being so it is usually a about 2o. oo for my other perscriptions x 9 and they vary depending on how much they are. So it will be about $180.00 plus the new one! I do not know how much, I have the prescription and need to go have it filled... but I am leary..I have no idea till I go what this one will cost.. I cringe at the thought!

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #327 on: 12/02/2007 03:39:08 »
Having another crap night....help!!!!.....and work in 4 and half hrs!! :o(

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #328 on: 12/02/2007 03:54:52 »
MAn am so sorry.. I wish I could throw this perscription at you...What time are you right now? I am 7:54 Pm.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #329 on: 12/02/2007 03:55:25 »
Well..I'm still here Zwitty...and I am sure Karen is about too...

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #330 on: 12/02/2007 03:55:52 »
LOl...I said Karen was about !!!..it nearly 4am here Karen !

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #331 on: 12/02/2007 03:59:35 »
I beat you.. What you have esp SIR! LOL I had a night like that last night.. hoping tonight is better.How bout you.... SING you too a couple tunes from my new CD!! YAYYYYYY! I am in love with this guy!! He is great!!!!! Makes me smile....

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #332 on: 12/02/2007 04:04:47 »
Here are the words I am listening too now..

JAMES BLUNT LYRICS

"You're Beautiful"

My life is brilliant.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high, [ - video/radio edited version]
******* high, [ - CD version]
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.

I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #333 on: 12/02/2007 04:11:36 »
hey thanks guys....im really struggling...my eyes are so heavy but cant sleep...even downloaded sum relaxind sounds which are s'pos to help u sleep but theyre not....what shall i do to get atleast a few hrs before work?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #334 on: 12/02/2007 04:24:49 »
hey thanks guys....im really struggling...my eyes are so heavy but cant sleep...even downloaded sum relaxind sounds which are s'pos to help u sleep but theyre not....what shall i do to get atleast a few hrs before work?

*le sigh*...poor Zwitty !!!.................what about a good old fashioned glass of hot milk ?...perhaps with a tad of nutmeg !

Actually....if I knew what to do to get to sleep...well...I wouldn't be here would I ?..LOL

Zwitty.....what do you normally do ?...............what I do know is that you must get this sorted....and soon...it is clear and evident that you are suffering here..........it still might take a while but if you start the process then you'll feel better that you are finally tackling the problem.....It might even help you sleep...if you know what I mean !!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #335 on: 12/02/2007 04:25:57 »
Lovely words Karen...That's a great song...it did well over here.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #336 on: 12/02/2007 04:30:07 »
Is insomnia contagious?  I've gone two nights with only 2 hours each night and now I can't sleep again.  Ughhhhh, it's given me a migraine.  *pulls hair & pouts*

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #337 on: 12/02/2007 04:35:13 »
think i might go do some exercise that usually livens me up a bit...dont think im going to bother going to bed as ill be having to wake up as soon as i get some now....

dont mention nut-meg....had a mad experience with that stuff...never again!!...will tell you sometime about it!

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #338 on: 12/02/2007 04:36:36 »
as for insomnia being contagious....i have noticed that when had a mega whinge to someone i know...they sometimes do come back to me and say they ve struggled the night after!!.....wierd....but i have no sympathy for them they shud suffer too!!...ok thats nasty but its hard to care!! ...

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #339 on: 12/02/2007 04:37:51 »
Is insomnia contagious?  I've gone two nights with only 2 hours each night and now I can't sleep again.  Ughhhhh, it's given me a migraine.  *pulls hair & pouts*

Don't know if it's contagious Carolyn bit sooner or later this site turns everybody into insomniacs !!  ;D

I am sorry you too are having trouble !!....Poor ewe !!....

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #340 on: 12/02/2007 04:40:38 »
as for insomnia being contagious....i have noticed that when had a mega whinge to someone i know...they sometimes do come back to me and say they ve struggled the night after!!.....wierd....but i have no sympathy for them they shud suffer too!!...ok thats nasty but its hard to care!! ...

Fully understand how you feel like that Zwitty.......it IS difficult when you're knackered all the time..........life is one big emotional strain and it's hard work to put on a brave face when you're so tired....

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #341 on: 12/02/2007 04:46:04 »
oh great think im going to make it to countdown again!!! :o).....

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #342 on: 12/02/2007 04:57:11 »
Nearly 5am !!...I am at least going to get my head down for a while...I'll listen to the radio.

Actually, this is a good tip for you (and everybody else)...have the radio on just loud enough so that you can just hear it....it's best to have something like a talk radio station on...the voices can have a numbing effect and you soon fall asleep as you try to listen what is being said.

anyway...if I don't get back here...I do wish you well Zwitty, carolyn and Karen..

hugs ewe all...shmishes you too............LOL...the birds are singing !!!...Great !!! *gets shotgun at the ready*

Neil

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #343 on: 12/02/2007 05:01:29 »
lol.....ill join ya with the shot gun...need to release some stress!...even tho im actually quite an animal loving person but what the hell.....

as for radio...yeah it can help , ive even downloaded vacuum cleaner and hair dryer noises on my mobile to help but no joy!!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #344 on: 12/02/2007 06:00:01 »
6am......*le sigh et le sulk*

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #345 on: 12/02/2007 06:17:26 »
Sorry you are still awake and feeling poorly. I am surprised Carolyn is awake at this hour.. LOL Sorry Carolyn..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #346 on: 12/02/2007 06:20:48 »
Hey Neil, I was about to say.. advice from the non sleeper himself.. but you never know.. you have alot more years on this then most of us.. LOL

I find I like the CD a lot.. I also Like his voice.. sweet!! All of the lyrics are beautiful and amazing to me. they speak of to my heart... so much... I love when music does that it fills you up inside with love...

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #347 on: 12/02/2007 15:18:21 »
hmmm, I sympathize with anyone who can't sleep...I myself was up from 3am this morning..drats!  It makes me mad as I fight sleep and have for a long time now...

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #348 on: 12/02/2007 16:26:09 »
Sorry you are still awake and feeling poorly. I am surprised Carolyn is awake at this hour.. LOL Sorry Carolyn..

Thank you Karen.  I know, I'm surprised too. 

Don't know if it's contagious Carolyn bit sooner or later this site turns everybody into insomniacs !!  ;D
I am sorry you too are having trouble !!....Poor ewe !!....

Thank you Neil.

hmmm, I sympathize with anyone who can't sleep...I myself was up from 3am this morning..drats!  It makes me mad as I fight sleep and have for a long time now...

Me too, Lo.  I usually don't have problems sleeping, other than not being able to go to sleep before 1 or 2 am and having to be up at 6:30.  Occasionally, (about every 6-8 weeks) I go about a week not being able to sleep.  However, my sleeplessness doesn't compare to the rest of you, and so I do feel a tiny twinge of guilt complaining about it.

Zwitty - I'm sorry you're struggling so with sleep.  I hope you find some relief soon.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #349 on: 12/02/2007 17:27:49 »
Well I slept a couple hours Saterday 2 I think.. and I have not slept since... I am getting ready for work now.. The shower made me feel some more human then before.. You all have a great day and get some sleep if you can... Sorry Carolyn! No guilt, lack of sleep in the beginning was worse for me then it it these days when I loose much more and now I do better then at a yonger age.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #349 on: 12/02/2007 17:27:49 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums