The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any insomnia support groups?  (Read 525025 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #400 on: 25/02/2007 19:03:52 »
11:01 am Hey I like ironing , just don't do it much. When I was a kid we ironed everything including the bedsheets! Ironed and starched!! LOL You could reallt here the pop when you flipped the sheet upwards to make the bed! It is good therapy!

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #401 on: 25/02/2007 21:00:07 »
Without sounding rude, you need some sleep karen. Try having a nice warm bath and some hot milk or cocoa then in to bed. When in bed recite mentaly your body parts, starting with your toes then ankles all the way to your head this will relax you and also stop you thinking those thoughts that keep you awake.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #402 on: 25/02/2007 21:53:38 »
I can't sleep. My legs are bothering me.. and I am fidgety.. having trouble sitting still. Am doing laundry and thinking about some food. I haven't eaten today.. and its almost 2:00 pm. I will get some tonight as I have to try to toe the line anyways..Your not being rude. ..Cocoa sounds good, as I like hot cocoa. I bought a big bottle of wine last week and was going to dedicate myself to drinking it weather I liked it or not.. LOL, or not won.. I just don't drink! Robert will drink it though! If he ever comes home long enough to see it! LOL

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #403 on: 25/02/2007 22:35:10 »
hey Karen have you managed to get some sleep?...hope so...

Hi Paul...hope your well..

i had a particularly bad week last week but last couple of days have been much better...and hopefully will stay that way...when i go thru a good patch im always on a high!1...its such a great feeling...good sleepers doen realise how lucky they are!!...

anyways just come back from playing tennis and need a shower so best go!! ....

everyone sleep well tonight...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #404 on: 25/02/2007 23:00:14 »
Hi zwiteron, gong to hit 48 soon. ayou like tennis ?.. Am glad you sleeping good. Tonight will slepp better for metoo.
Nite you too!

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #405 on: 25/02/2007 23:05:53 »
All fine and dandy here, zwitty. The tennis tired you out? I have not played for years, i used to love badminton now i do a lot of bike riding which is especially nice in the summer. Its the best thing about country living

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #406 on: 25/02/2007 23:12:14 »
I love  badmitten .loved my bike when I was small. now I bought a scooter.

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #407 on: 27/02/2007 06:56:40 »
hiya...

ive had a good night tonite...after the crap day i had yesterday...i hit close to 40hrs and felt really awful!

did u have a good night Karen?....do you go often without sleep for 2 days?....a day, day and half is very common for me but 2 days is a real struggle, altho so is one day but i think ive got to the point where i can just about cope with that!

I love tennis, instead of tiring me out it usually just hypes me up even more! :o) ...its a great sport, especially good for relieving stress particularly when u havent slept and u really feel like hitting something hard!!,...funny thing is when i havent slept, its so hard to do most things, but for me tennis i can still play to my usual standard...think its something to do with the level of motivation u have for things...maybe i need to take this and apply it to everything else i do...

you guys should get back into it....badminton or tennis...altho tennis is definitely the one for me...i think exercise or just some physical competition is always good for keeping a balanced mind!..

hope Paul you slept well last night...take care

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #408 on: 27/02/2007 07:22:33 »
Hi Zwitty,

well yes i have, for the last couple of days i have managed 5 odd hours per day and it has been uninterupted which is great.

Hope both you and karenhave a good one today

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #409 on: 27/02/2007 07:41:12 »
Hi Zwitterion It is common for me to get between two and 4 hours on a good night. I have gone on several accasions to day 5 with no sleep, but usually two and 1/2 days to 4 if its a bad run..% has happened several times, but not nearly like 3. 3 is about average, then a few hours sleep usually 4 if I am Lucky. Last I am ashamed, I am pretty sure it was a;most 4 hours last night except we had n earthquake and I woke at 12:3o and could not go back ti sleep till 2:30, then I wokeat 4:19 while we were having an earhquake. 5.4 on the scale.. rude awakening.. that was it for me I was done for the night!

I am glad the sports work for you. I use my tradmill as I cannot do some things do to health issues. BUt I remember badmitten oh gawwwwwd I loved it.. Such a silly game but it thrilled me that I was allowed to play.. Me mommie bought me a new set every year as it was the only sport I could do alot at home. None at school as they wouldn't assume an insurance to cover me in the event that I keeled over... NICE!!! LOL I think schools these days , allow you to sign some kind of waiver releasing them in the in the unfortunant event that you die at school due to your own health issues.. who knows.. That would be my assumption. I loved softball but only was allowed to bat, so I became a hitter and always had a runner . that was ok.. but I do like to bowl, but that now is limited also. by my hands and a bad hip! but I was a very good bowler for awhile.. I once, and I say once bowled a 299.......YAYYYYYYY!!! It was grand!!! The next game sucked!! LOL Oh well. Sleep well you all! Good night to you all who are going to bed!!

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #410 on: 27/02/2007 18:57:12 »
Hi Karen..

do u go up to 5 days without sleep?...as in 120hrs without any sleep whatsoever?...

i was interested to hear about your participation in sport at school...i didnt realise u have to have insurance to do sport at school...is that normal in the US?

Sorry to hear about your health!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #411 on: 28/02/2007 07:11:26 »
Hi zwitterion, Yes I have been up 5 days on many occassions fortunantly not near as many as  the two to three day stetches..

As far as the sports my sons all had to have special insurance to play on the football teams you must remember I was a child I am 46 years old and I had congenitial heart problems which at the time were in need of more care, the school was not willing to risk lawsuits in the event of a problem arising from my participation. My mother allowed me most anything I wanted to play with few exceptions, but I was still limited by my physical ability to play the games I liked.. The doctor limited many things I did anyway. Now the limitations are more involved.. But that's another story for another time I don't like talking about it.. it's a rather sore spot right now.. no offence ok!

Please don't be sorry, don't worry.. All is good.. I am a tough old bird! They may try to clip my wings but I am gonna d**N well fly anyways!! I say if Dumbo can fly then by George so can I! LOL

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #412 on: 03/03/2007 00:22:05 »
well i was going to have an early night...then neil came back and i was having too much fun. Anastasia is fast asleep and i must now retire..hope i can drop off quickly as we are up at the crack of dawn and have a long day ahead....

hope you all get a good nights sleep...but if you dont, neil is back to inform, enlighten and entertain so why go to bed.

it's been said already, but you were missed neil. night all

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #413 on: 03/03/2007 00:26:58 »
well i was going to have an early night...then neil came back and i was having too much fun. Anastasia is fast asleep and i must now retire..hope i can drop off quickly as we are up at the crack of dawn and have a long day ahead....

hope you all get a good nights sleep...but if you dont, neil is back to inform, enlighten and entertain so why go to bed.

it's been said already, but you were missed neil. night all

awwwwwwwwww !!..me luffs this guy !!...I missed ewe too Paul....hugs the paul again....please sleep well !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #414 on: 03/03/2007 02:39:22 »
Paul You two have a great time now.. don't get sick on any rides!! LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #415 on: 03/03/2007 02:40:42 »
How are you not sleeping Kind Sir? Hows the kiddos doing?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #416 on: 03/03/2007 12:42:03 »
Well 4:40 am. I hope everyone is sleeping better then I am..... be well!

jolly

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #417 on: 03/03/2007 16:58:20 »
Have any of you tried meditation? Close you eyes, there is nothing but the darkness, not even you. Become a mental void and think about nothing. Each night try a different thing. keep trying different things till you sleep. Try dinking hot milk. Dont count sheep it keeps your mind going and works only because you naker your brain out. Why not try hypnosis(self-hypnosis). Dont power nap during the day. Talk to all the people your thinking about when your trying to sleep. Resolve all the issues your thinking about when your trying to sleep. If you cant change a problem why worrie about it. If you can change it then change it, if you cant then worring about it wont do anything other than wind you up. Ask why dont I want to sleep? There are lots of ways to sleep. Are you just claiming to have insomnia to get attenion(If your not, why tell people). If all else fails go to therapy/ pray for insomnia to leave you alone(ask god to help).   

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #418 on: 03/03/2007 19:03:09 »
Hey Zwitterion, How did you sleep last night? I hope it is still going well for you.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #419 on: 03/03/2007 22:32:58 »
Hi Guys and Gals and guygals ..lol

I'm off to bed for a sleepy tab induced fun filled night of nitrazepam fun...YAYYYYYYYYYYY !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #420 on: 03/03/2007 23:07:37 »
Night Neily Sleep Well! Good luck tomorrow! I hope it goes well!

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #421 on: 04/03/2007 01:43:25 »
Night all

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #422 on: 04/03/2007 02:39:41 »
Night Paul Sleep well have a nice visit with that sweet young lady thats been on your arm all day!

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #423 on: 04/03/2007 16:03:15 »
Hi everyone..hope things are well with all of you!

ive not been too bad last few days....been getting up at five each morning and exercising which i think has helped get me to sleep in the evening without the usual 4/5 hrs it usually takes me to fall asleep

how are u Karen, Neil and Paul?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #424 on: 04/03/2007 16:08:46 »
I am ok. Two days no sleep just tired, but ok. I am glad your excersising is helping.
 I layed down for several hours hoping sleep would come and trying, but nothing, I am going to get out the house in a while at 9:00 am and go to the Grange and have breakfast with some old community members.. It's always nice for a Sunday morning!

The Naked Scientists Forum

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #424 on: 04/03/2007 16:08:46 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length