The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any insomnia support groups?  (Read 524880 times)

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #425 on: 04/03/2007 17:19:37 »
Hi everyone..hope things are well with all of you!

ive not been too bad last few days....been getting up at five each morning and exercising which i think has helped get me to sleep in the evening without the usual 4/5 hrs it usually takes me to fall asleep

how are u Karen, Neil and Paul?

Hi Zwitty,

by your absence, i guessed you were getting a bit more regular sleep. I have also been getting the hours in, although i put this down to not having the odd afternoon nap.

i have also cut out the nap at work...and i love my nap at work

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #426 on: 04/03/2007 18:06:07 »
Well, even with 15mg of horse-knockout-pill fun I managed a fun filled 4 hours !!..YAYYYYYYYYYYYY !!....
now..if only me could manage that every night without the tabs me would be a happy boy.

Zwitty !!!..Exercise !!..at 5am !!!.oh my Gawwwwwwwwwwwd !!!..........glad it works for ewe !.....I am going to follow your example...and exercise my eyelids by blinking a lot !

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #427 on: 04/03/2007 18:07:38 »
I am ok. Two days no sleep just tired, but ok. I am glad your excersising is helping.
 I layed down for several hours hoping sleep would come and trying, but nothing, I am going to get out the house in a while at 9:00 am and go to the Grange and have breakfast with some old community members.. It's always nice for a Sunday morning!

Karen..well...two days eh ?.I would say hang on in there but that's what ewe're doing anyway.......perhaps tonight ewe'll visit sleepy land with any luck ..How was breakfast ?...what did ewe have ?...was it nice and yummy.....spicy and scrummy ?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #428 on: 04/03/2007 18:11:32 »
Hi everyone..hope things are well with all of you!

ive not been too bad last few days....been getting up at five each morning and exercising which i think has helped get me to sleep in the evening without the usual 4/5 hrs it usually takes me to fall asleep

how are u Karen, Neil and Paul?

Hi Zwitty,

by your absence, i guessed you were getting a bit more regular sleep. I have also been getting the hours in, although i put this down to not having the odd afternoon nap.

i have also cut out the nap at work...and i love my nap at work

Hi Paul (Paul is great...we luff Paul)...you're not a train driver are ewe ?

napping is great......have never experienced it but I hear from experienced nappers who practice the fine art of Nappilism that it's a welcome respite !....but you've ceased it eh ?.....glad it helps to give you nighty-sleepy joy !

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #429 on: 04/03/2007 18:22:16 »
"Hi Paul (Paul is great...we luff Paul)...you're not a train driver are ewe ?

napping is great......have never experienced it but I hear from experienced nappers who practice the fine art of Nappilism that it's a welcome respite !....but you've ceased it eh ?.....glad it helps to give you nighty-sleepy joy !"

ah, shucks...
*cheeks blush, leans back and thinks..... "yes, iam"

but not as great as you, Neil.

i wish i was a train driver! we had to go to lincoln today and parts of the eastcoast mainline are out, so they put coaches on for part of the journey and then at newark there was a 5 train queue.

apparently they had forgot to tell the driver of the first train that he was working today, so all the other trains had to queue untill he turned up.

then last night, we were delayed for an hour because the barrier on a level crossing would not go down.

ease the strain, take the train. i could throttle whoever came up with that slogan.
« Last Edit: 04/03/2007 18:32:44 by paul.fr »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #430 on: 04/03/2007 19:00:54 »
Well, even with 15mg of horse-knockout-pill fun I managed a fun filled 4 hours !!..YAYYYYYYYYYYYY !!....
now..if only me could manage that every night without the tabs me would be a happy boy.

Zwitty !!!..Exercise !!..at 5am !!!.oh my Gawwwwwwwwwwwd !!!..........glad it works for ewe !.....I am going to follow your example...and exercise my eyelids by blinking a lot !

4 HOURS YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
OHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! GOOD JOB SLEEPY TABS AND ALL!! I am so very happy to hear that from you... You know I am.., Makes me cry!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!! I am very excited that you slept!! HAPPY DAY!!!!

I thought breakfast would be great, the sasage was link, I hate link sausage I like country sausage two big chunks, but alas the scoundrals quit serving that kind months ago according to the new people whom I didn't recognise..! LOL I have been in to long.. My pancakes with real maple syrup were good, and I had a slice of ham. It was ok. but I still was able to be sensible and did not blow my food intake.. so It was un pleasant. In a couple weeks Blue Lake will do theirs and it is always good! I rarely eat eggs since my first pregnancy so No eggs!

How did your fair go today Kind Sir? I hope it went well!

I will get some sleep sooner or later. I am not going to stress myself overit. It will come. will be ok..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #431 on: 04/03/2007 19:02:24 »
 Hi Paul, sounds like you had quite the day! I hope you enjoyed your time.!

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #432 on: 04/03/2007 19:05:49 »
Hey sorry to hear Karen that your going 2 days without sleep...hope you get some soon!...i know whta im like when i go 2 days without and its not a pretty site!!

Good to hear Paul your sleeping well too...is that bye bye to afternoon naps then?...if its helping your night sleeping then best not to go back to that...

Great to see you back Neil....4hrs with sleeping pills?...the latest pills ive been teking knock me out best part of a day!!..altho im not sleeping all that time but might as well be as i can hardly think...how do u feel when u wake up after taking the pills?

as for exercise at 5am in morning?...well its not too strenuous..just some skipping and some crunches etc...it actually sets u up pretty well for the day...i do find tho on days when i havent slept then a bout of exercise gets me that little bit more alert which helps if u need to go to work or interact with people..

napping...rarely do that....there are some people who actually train themselves to nap...power napping or polyphasic sleep they call it i think...didnt ellen mcarthur do that while going for the record? im sure i read something about that...

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #433 on: 04/03/2007 19:11:16 »

We had a great time yesterday, Anastasia spent most of her time in the arcades playing the slots...pounds upon pounds in, and eventually she wins a couple of pence and comes running saying she is winning!

We also met up with about a dozen old friends, some of us had not seen eachother for 10 years. it was good to reminisce about old times and old friends.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #434 on: 04/03/2007 19:14:50 »

OHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! GOOD JOB SLEEPY TABS AND ALL!! I am so very happy to hear that from you... You know I am.., Makes me cry!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!! I am very excited that you slept!! HAPPY DAY!!!!

I thought breakfast would be great, the sasage was link, I hate link sausage I

What is  a Link Sausage !!..?..is it like a bunch of sausages linked together ?...or did you misspell it and you meant to say Pink sausage ?..LOL...or pehaps it was made from Mink ? ..or in the shape of a kitchen Sink ? ;D.....

The fair was good today.....made a few appointments...lets hopes they convert to business !!..YAYYYYYY.thanks for asking Karen Mam.

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #435 on: 04/03/2007 19:17:27 »
Hi Zwitty,

i dont think it will be long until i am napping again. i actually dont mind getting just a few hours at night, as long as i can have a nap during the day...man i sound old!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #436 on: 04/03/2007 19:18:11 »
H

Great to see you back Neil....4hrs with sleeping pills?...the latest pills ive been teking knock me out best part of a day!!..altho im not sleeping all that time but might as well be as i can hardly think...how do u feel when u wake up after taking the pills?

I consider myself very lucky as I very rarely have a ' hang over ' effect !...what are these pills that you are on Zwitty ?

I hate peeps who who can power nap !! ( well..me doesn't hate them really of course...................hmm..yes I do !!..lol )..but it literally freakes me out that they can do it !!

happy exercising Zwitty

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #437 on: 04/03/2007 19:22:17 »
Hey sorry to hear Karen that your going 2 days without sleep...hope you get some soon!...i know whta im like when i go 2 days without and its not a pretty site!!

Good to hear Paul your sleeping well too...is that bye bye to afternoon naps then?...if its helping your night sleeping then best not to go back to that...

as for exercise at 5am in morning?...well its not too strenuous..just some skipping and some crunches etc...it actually sets u up pretty well for the day...i do find tho on days when i havent slept then a bout of exercise gets me that little bit more alert which helps if u need to go to work or interact with people..

napping...rarely do that....there are some people who actually train themselves to nap...power napping or polyphasic sleep they call it i think...didnt ellen mcarthur do that while going for the record? im sure i read something about that...

No Worries I am fine. I will just wait and see what tonight brings.. LOL should be interesting. I thought I was going to nod off last night on here so I closed everything and went and layed down.. Once down I stayed , but to no avail, It was a aggrivating few hours trying to get comfortable and feeling so antsy that I could not stand it! had a million and 1 things running through my head keeping me awake..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #438 on: 04/03/2007 19:25:06 »

We had a great time yesterday, Anastasia spent most of her time in the arcades playing the slots...pounds upon pounds in, and eventually she wins a couple of pence and comes running saying she is winning!

We also met up with about a dozen old friends, some of us had not seen eachother for 10 years. it was good to reminisce about old times and old friends.

Arcades were always the happening places when my kids were younger they loved them. I am gla she had so much fun. I am glad you seen old friends that you have missed. Its good to see how people are doing after gaps of time like that!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #439 on: 04/03/2007 19:33:21 »

I thought breakfast would be great, the sasage was link, I hate link sausage I

What is  a Link Sausage !!..?..is it like a bunch of sausages linked together ?...or did you misspell it and you meant to say Pink sausage ?..LOL...or pehaps it was made from Mink ? ..or in the shape of a kitchen Sink ? ;D.....

The fair was good today.....made a few appointments...lets hopes they convert to business !!..YAYYYYYY.thanks for asking Karen Mam.

Why Yes they start out all linked together and then they are cooked into little hard crisp bits of grease that I hate about 2 and 1/2 inches long each! They were over cooked today and nasty little deep fried ugliness. YUCK!!!! Did I say I hate LINK sausage??? LOL No pink link sausauge or sink link sasauge or any Pink mink link sausage today!! HORRAYYYYYYYYY!!

I hope they do end up turning you a profit for all your time and effort. It is nice that you were able to make some appointments. That is a great thing! It will all come round full circle to you you Kind Sir as you deserve it and much more! Hugs and your welcome!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #440 on: 07/03/2007 08:20:15 »
well slept several hours last night but am wide awake now. 12:19 am. I hope you all are sleeping well!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #441 on: 11/03/2007 16:26:35 »
Well took my pills and some cold medicine as I was stuffed, then myother meds and the next thing I knew it was 8:30 am. Wow I slept all night I think. I thoght I woke up once to something but must not have been as I can't remember. I am still groggy an dmy  head is bobbing a bit . Still feel the medicine some. I hope you all slept better last night too,

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #442 on: 11/03/2007 22:48:39 »
Evening Zwitty,

How are things with you?

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #443 on: 11/03/2007 22:50:27 »
Well took my pills and some cold medicine as I was stuffed, then myother meds and the next thing I knew it was 8:30 am
Do you do this often Karen? Maybe all those pills knocked you out!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #444 on: 11/03/2007 23:09:46 »
My regular meds and then last night I was really stuffed up and couldn't breath good so I took 2 of those tylonol severe cold tabs.. and the new sleep tablet. Which by the way I don't like. But the Doctor says is safe with my other meds. So No Not often with the cold and the new one thank goodness. they seem to render me not only asleep , but groggy all day and for qute awhild before I sleep.

LOL Sorry Paul that should have said,

" I took mymeds and some cold medicine because I was stuffed up, and the next thing I knew it was 8:30 am. I even thought my phone rang or made noise, but don't remember as I was zonked out. Me thinks the dose is more then I need and He said he is going to cut the sleep one down. after me blood test. we will see. I broke them in half a couple times now as they are so weird.

I have several I take dailey and have for years, have to. But the newbies were the cold medication and the sleep one. so it was a combo of those or just one of them. I don't know.. I am just trying to do what the doctor said. No worries.

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #445 on: 12/03/2007 11:32:31 »
time for me to get to bed.....hope you all sleep well. I guess zwitty is, by his absence!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #446 on: 12/03/2007 11:58:15 »
Zwitty is a girl Paul.. Me made that mistake too. I hope you are all sleeping well.

Paul good night to you too!

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #447 on: 12/03/2007 19:31:02 »
lol...thanks Karen!

YES EVERYONE IM A GIRL!!!.....(why do people always think im a bloke!! :o(

i have been sleeping well Paul.....the last 2 weeks have been amazingly good...the last time i slept this well was when i was on hols in august last year...as for what im doing differently...i get up around half 5 every day, weekends included and do a bit of exercise and been eating alot of dried apricots...apparently high in magnesium...doubt thats really helping but they taste good!!

how have you been Paul?...and Karen?...and Neil?.....

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #448 on: 12/03/2007 20:56:27 »
lol...thanks Karen!

YES EVERYONE IM A GIRL!!!.....(why do people always think im a bloke!! :o(

unable to tell male from female........could this be why i am still single? Hi Zwitty, glad you are sleeping and feeling better...i have slipped lately, but it's due to some bad shifts lately messing my sleep up.

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #449 on: 12/03/2007 21:03:26 »
lol...i think it may explain your singledom!!...as girls tend to have a high pitched voice..if that helps!!...  :P

The Naked Scientists Forum

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #449 on: 12/03/2007 21:03:26 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length