The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any insomnia support groups?  (Read 525519 times)

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #675 on: 11/07/2007 10:30:55 »
LOL.. I went in the exam room with.. Not much worry.. Because I knew I wouldn't do that good anyway.

The exams for music in UK goes from.. Grade 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

8 being the highest, and then you move on to your diploma.

I took my grade 8.. ;D Only had 1 month practise.. Usually you have about a year.. LOL!

Anyway.. I didn't care what result I came with.. Funny really, because usually I worry and my hands go all cold before the exam.. But I didn't care this time..

Because even if I failed it, I wouldn't have to face another exam for months. Which gives me this delight ;)

You either pass with a normal pass (100/150), a merit pass (120/150) or a distinction pass (130/150).

I think I either failed or just passed ;)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #676 on: 12/07/2007 12:16:00 »
I am glad you did not get nervous! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! This surely must have helped you! Sounds like you did a great job!

Top Grade I suspect... Now I really need to figure out your site so I can hear you play! I am proud of you! Excellent Job YOUNG MAN!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #677 on: 19/07/2007 11:25:40 »
30 hours straight !!

YAWN !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #678 on: 19/07/2007 11:29:53 »
I here you I was at 38 a few days ago and finaly got a huge sleep! Sorry your not sleeping!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #679 on: 19/07/2007 12:24:24 »
Unfortunately, I will surpass 38 hours in about seven hours time and will continue onto the wee small hours of the morrow !.

Please forgive any unusual quirkiness !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #680 on: 19/07/2007 12:28:59 »
You know I will! I understand! I wish I could zap you with some magic sleep potion.. Best I can do is wish you better and rest!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #681 on: 19/07/2007 12:33:23 »
Sleepy tabs at the ready for a restful night methinks !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #682 on: 19/07/2007 12:36:53 »
Sleepy tabs at the ready for a restful night methinks !!

Oh Good that is good! I am glad.. You need to keep up as much sleep as you can. I have been trying really hard.. I slept 9 and 1/2 hours not yesterday but night before  was so shocked I woke at 1:00 in the afternoon! LOL You will feel better after you sleep Kind Sir!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #683 on: 19/07/2007 13:29:48 »
Thanks EWE Karen.

9 1/2 hours !!!!!!!!!...WOW !!!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #684 on: 19/07/2007 13:48:58 »
Your completely welcome!

Yeah I liked to keeled over when I seen the clock but it had been a long one previously!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #685 on: 19/07/2007 14:42:17 »
Hey speaking of sleep when you had your sleep study how the heck did you get all the goop off your hair where they attached the probes.. I have washed my hair many times since last Saturday morning when I come home and still have some stuck on scalp.. it has broke my head out and by morning when he went to pull the probes off my neck they had broke my neck out real bad and when he ripped the things off of my neck and I do say ripped, he tore a spot open on my neck and it has scabbed over it burned like crazy for several days! now it is healing and almost gone but still tender.. did you have trouble with the conductive gel???

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #686 on: 20/07/2007 20:45:28 »
Hi guys...

thought i'd come back and say hello to everyone, hope you are all well...sorry to hear about your bad sleeping Neil and Karen..Hows are you Paul?..still around?...my sleeping has been better of late...a few bad nights here and there but overall its been good...so ive been a good happy girl!!..its shocking how different u feel when u sleep!...hope u guys sleep well tonight!...take care...

Are you still visiting, Zwitty?

I hope you have this sleeping thing cracked, i am now on 3 hours per day. which i suppose is good when compared to say, Neil and Karen, now if only it was a continuous 3 hours. I wake up almost on the dot one hour after retiring. do do manage to get back to sleep but only for another two hours.

Oh well, can't sit hear moaning...when i can go and moan at other!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #687 on: 20/07/2007 22:02:23 »
Karen, I've had three sleep studies...each time (if I wasn't bald) they would just shave a bit of hair off and so I did not have all that gloop on me.....they shaved my chest too !...and my bollox ..LOL !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #688 on: 23/07/2007 11:30:13 »
Karen, I've had three sleep studies...each time (if I wasn't bald) they would just shave a bit of hair off and so I did not have all that gloop on me.....they shaved my chest too !...and my bollox ..LOL !!

NO WAY!!!! They did not attach probes to me there! Well you know what I mean! LOL Two on my shins to on my chest and 8 on my face and throat I think and a crud load of them on my head in my hair! two on my back and the 1 on my right pointer finger! LOL Did that not hurt when they pulled that off!!!! OUCCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!! OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD !!! The one on my right side throat he ripped it off and I had had a allergic reaction to his goop or glue and when he ripped it tore the skin off my neck and bled .. after i stopped the bleeding and about three days into it, I looked like I had been in the cupboard sucking face with some handsome hunk, and had a big hickey on the side of my neck! LOL.. LOL
« Last Edit: 23/07/2007 11:40:59 by Karen W. »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #689 on: 30/07/2007 03:40:41 »
LOL....They didn;t really attach probes there Karen !!

I agree...it's almost impossible to actually get to sleep with all the sensors attached...that is why I've always been allowed my sleepy tabs !

In fact...I'm on them tonight.....5th night in a row......not good !!....bit drowsy right now !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #690 on: 30/07/2007 06:27:37 »
OH I am sorry you still have not slept.. Neily oh man Now I am sending you a knock out spell.. LOL I really wish I knew one.. Please be careful 5 nights in a row at that dosage is not good....

I have to go back for the second sleep study this time with knock out pills to help me sleep.. so they can calculate the amount of air needed to keep my air passage open to sleep all night.. Hey you know what they said.. That this machine will help eliminate all those migraines I have been having upon waking for the last several years.. will also help the heart to be better oxygenated throughout the night which will benefit it greatly!
« Last Edit: 30/07/2007 09:49:42 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #691 on: 30/07/2007 06:28:31 »
Please sleep well Sending many good wishes for a restful sleep!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #692 on: 01/08/2007 03:11:28 »
Well, I had a night (last night) without pills and so tonight I have decided to take them again. I have to be really really careful I don't get caught in a trap here......These sleepy tabs are easy to become dependent on and for the last 30 years I have been a model citizen when it comes to their use.....

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #693 on: 01/08/2007 03:32:06 »
Yes you have just watch your dosage sheepy...I know you need to sleep.. but like you said just be careful eh... already worry about it..sleep well tonight sweet dreams..

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #694 on: 11/08/2007 19:19:40 »
"Are you still visiting, Zwitty?

I hope you have this sleeping thing cracked, i am now on 3 hours per day. which i suppose is good when compared to say, Neil and Karen, now if only it was a continuous 3 hours. I wake up almost on the dot one hour after retiring. do do manage to get back to sleep but only for
another two hours."

Hi Paul, yes im still visiting but on very rarely. Sorry to hear about your sleeping as well Karen and Neils....Im still struggling with mine but ive come to the conclusion that this is life and accept it....i still go many nights without sleep...or with very few hours sleep but overall it is slightly better than it was. I try not to think about it much and also try not to let my plans be changed becoz of it and at the same time stop reading etc about it to. I just live on loadsof of caffiene during the day just to get me thru.

How are you Paul anyways?...hows life treating you?...and hows your sleeping?

also how are you Neil and Karen?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #695 on: 11/08/2007 20:09:25 »
Hi Zwitterion, Glad to hear you are getting some sleep however little it is. Mine is hit and miss and feel the same as you about trying not to dwell on it so much!..It helps to try to go about as usual and not dwell on it to much as that can make me grumpy.. LOL !!!
 I am glad you are still around.. please come often and enjoy other parts of the site as well. There are many different topics to explore as well! Nice to hear from you. Please take care.. How is your work going?

paul.fr

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #696 on: 11/08/2007 22:09:24 »
Hi Zwitty,

Glad to hear you are doing fine, still playing tennis?

As for me, well i have had Anastasia for the past 3 weeks and it has been great. Not only that, but she tires me out so much that i hace been getting 9 hours sleep a day!!!

She is going back to her mums tomorrow for the rest of the holidays, so i will be at a loss. I hope this sleeping thing continues, fingers crossed.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #697 on: 12/08/2007 08:36:30 »
I hope you continue to get your sleep also! Tell Anastasia Thanks for the cool projects for my preschool kids and nieces and nephews! It was nice to see her again.. She is growing so fast!

Offline Zwitterion

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #698 on: 13/08/2007 19:15:48 »
Hi Paul,Karen,

Paul- good to hear your sleeping well..and enjoying your time with your daughter..friends, family keep telling me to have kids and that way i wont be complaining about insomnia again...sounds like it may be worth a go!! :o)

Yes im still playing tennis...the seasons just finished and we're getting promoted which is good!...its hard sometimes as i'll be playing matches without any sleep but managed to get thru it...u just have to be strong....also i think physical exercise is a stimulant in itself!.

Anyways whereabts in the uk are you from? and what do u do?...sorry if ive asked u before but my memory isnt too hot!

Karen - hows things with you?..sorry again to hear about your sleeping too!..have u had a sleep study done?..how did it go?...are you still taking alot of medication?....hope your well!....

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #699 on: 13/08/2007 19:34:09 »
Yep.. I have had two done.. now and am fixing to be put on a machine to sleep with.. Yep still lots of meds. ( at the moment fixing to jump to ten! LOL... I am ok.

Am glad to hear that you are getting a few hours.I wish it were continueous.. mine are hit and miss.. some days I sleep pretty decent other days not at all some days sporatic.. on off little cat naps at my computer.. like boom and all of a sudden I am out cold.. I don't understand that.. why not in my bed why when I don't expect it. like typing away and the next thing I know the page is filled with whatever my head hit going down... Quite embarrassing! Makes it difficult to drive..

The Naked Scientists Forum

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #699 on: 13/08/2007 19:34:09 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length