The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any insomnia support groups?  (Read 525761 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #775 on: 13/09/2007 02:09:10 »
Yes to sew your eyelids shut to sleep! You could take up plastic canvas doll furniture with me!

Sorry...did you say I should take up a plastic doll...?..LOL...where shall I take it up ?

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #776 on: 13/09/2007 02:09:53 »
I haven't had more than a few hours sleep a night over the last 4 days.  I'm in a pissy mood!  I had to spend half the day on the road today and could barely keep my eyes open and I just found out a little while ago that I have to go to Tallahassee tomorrow! [:(!]

I also got real b****y with a loved one and now I feel like crap! [:-'(]

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #777 on: 13/09/2007 02:56:30 »
I haven't had more than a few hours sleep a night over the last 4 days.  I'm in a pissy mood!  I had to spend half the day on the road today and could barely keep my eyes open and I just found out a little while ago that I have to go to Tallahassee tomorrow! [:(!]

Sorry for your grief and turmoil

hugs ewe

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #778 on: 13/09/2007 03:12:14 »
 [:I]Thank ewe.  Sorry you're still up, not that I don't enjoy the company.

Hugs ewe tewe!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #779 on: 13/09/2007 03:23:42 »
[:I]Thank ewe.  Sorry you're still up, not that I don't enjoy the company.

Hugs ewe tewe!

Well..I'm on the sleepy tabs again....and I'm so tired I'll be heading away soon....but..I know they'll still take a while to finally send me to sleep.....I think I can just make adrenalin on demand or something |!!...I seem to so easily be able to overcome the tiredness !!..oh well....

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #780 on: 13/09/2007 03:35:06 »
I wish I could overcome tiredness...not to the extent that you do, but like when I'm driving and I'm sooooo sleepy.

I'm going to be taking something very shortly.  I have to sleep tonight.  There is no way I can drive all day tomorrow without getting some zzzzzzzz's tonight.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #781 on: 13/09/2007 03:39:02 »
Yes to sew your eyelids shut to sleep! You could take up plastic canvas doll furniture with me!

Sorry...did you say I should take up a plastic doll...?..LOL...where shall I take it up ?
Well let me see, I could think of a few places that might be appropriate !!! LOL LOL You are so silly! HEE HEE LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #782 on: 13/09/2007 03:41:40 »
I haven't had more than a few hours sleep a night over the last 4 days.  I'm in a pissy mood!  I had to spend half the day on the road today and could barely keep my eyes open and I just found out a little while ago that I have to go to Tallahassee tomorrow! [:(!]

Sorry you had such a horrific day. I hope Tomorrow goes better!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #783 on: 13/09/2007 03:59:34 »
Thanks. :)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #784 on: 13/09/2007 04:28:36 »
Your welcome get some sleep take some good tunes and have fun!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #785 on: 13/09/2007 06:58:14 »
CRAP!!!

It's 2 am and still no sleep!  Have to be up in 4 hours..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #786 on: 13/09/2007 15:19:14 »
Have a safe trip! Please get some sleep!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #787 on: 14/09/2007 00:36:24 »
Have a safe trip! Please get some sleep!

Thanks.  I'm back home safe and sound...well..safe anyway.  Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight...crossing my fingers.  Fortunately, I'm off work from my 2nd job til Saturday morning.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #788 on: 14/09/2007 01:07:51 »
thats good rest will be nice!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #789 on: 14/09/2007 06:53:38 »
I'm so knackerd that even pineapple juice won't cheer me up ! (Have I mentioned how much I luff it ?)

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #790 on: 14/09/2007 07:00:49 »
oh... ha ha it IS thursday isn't it... oh no i guess it's friday now... oops

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #791 on: 14/09/2007 13:04:57 »
I'm so knackerd that even pineapple juice won't cheer me up ! (Have I mentioned how much I luff it ?)

I am so sorry that you are not sleeping and your sleepy tabs are not working the way they should. Please lie down and rest anyways.

LOL Yes you did mention you LUFF Pineapple, Did I mention I do too? LOL! Night Neily!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #792 on: 14/09/2007 14:26:36 »
I would like to report something amazing that has now happened to me twice in the last few weeks.. It will sound silly but it is wonderful!

You all know how it is in here not being able to sleep and you all know that several of us struggle with it! Well due to medication machines and just being generally totally wiped out all the time I think some things are changing as far as getting a bit of sleep. I am stuggling to get to sleep but once there the machine helps me to stay asleep longer.. I cannot say how good that feels ..LOL I am crying.. cause I still can't believe it. I am still having lots of trouble getting to sleep but more often then before at least three nights a week I am sleeping for 6 to 8 hours. On two occasions I slept 14 and 16 hours with one wake up in between.. don't figure! I don't know if I am just finally wearing out or if the meds and machine are helping.. Like to think the latter. Anyway.. the purpose of this post is as follows!

You all know if you have ever been around newborns and small babies that sometimes whilst they are sleeping or just opon waking they will arch their little backs arch their little necks back and raise their eyebrows contort their little bodies and stretch this almighty wonderful stretch that I remember from being a kid and  how bloody good it felt to stretch like that to the point your body quivers with pleasure and relief and such a good feeling of rest!

Well after not being able to do this for many many years, I have had this happen two times in the last few weeks and OH my GAWWWWWWWWWD it feels so good. I can here popping and feel muscles stretching so tight and so good.. I can't even tell you how nice it feels! LOL Not a single back or leg muscle cramped as it would in the past. I am not sure why but it is truly wonderful! LOL! I

I posted once about wanting to stretch like a baby I can't remember if I had stretched or just wished I could it has been a couple years since that post, but I can say at this moment it was the most exilerating thing I have done in so long and it was wonderful... I thought a good round of sex would be good ,,LOL but this stretch felt so good That it took my mind off other things LOL! OH it was sooooooooooooo....very nice!!!..

Its funny how a few hours of good sleep helps you to feel human again and makes me wonder if the lack of sleep was preventing those most wonderful little things like infant stretches arms above head, head stretched neck legs everything! WOW! YAYYYYYYYYY for stretching!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #793 on: 19/09/2007 13:14:09 »
WOW! I bumped my head and got the headache from hell now it won't go away nd it hurt when I fell! Should put it in docs Blues thread.. Been up all night  with it! LOL Taking too much med to take anymore pain killer so I am trying to hold my head in a pain free position if thats possible.. next I will resort to caffeine.. LOL maybe it will help!!! I really don't feel well.behind my ears and around the sides of my head!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #794 on: 27/09/2007 20:10:46 »
Just can't sleep! No ones about!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #795 on: 27/09/2007 20:38:35 »
AWESOME !!...about the sleeping karen as reported in your above post !!!!!...good for ewe !!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #796 on: 27/09/2007 21:03:56 »
It is good ! All this week has been lousy though! Because every time I laid down I was getting Charlie Horses in the back , front, sides  of my calves and my feet and then they were moving up into my back and across my tummy!

As of yesterday I took myself off a second medication  some lipitor... The cramping started after about a month on it which was last friday when my shoulder blew in physical therapy and my whole arm was spasming! I have never in my life had so many charlie horses as this last week. I can barely walk today because of the pain from them. I ran all my pills through the web doctor places and the only one I could possible think it to be was the lipitor. I stopped it yesterday and as of this morning the cramping has stopped... I have been on some severe pain meds and taking magnesium which did nothing eating bananas and drinking apple cider vinigar!Has not worked!

I think I found the culprit and called the doctor I am not taking anymore. My cholesterol is good it was precautionary because of my thyroid goiter she was worried it would push the cholesterol up over into the high zone!

Thanks Neily, It has felt better to sleep. I wish you could too!

But this week I am back into no sleep I tried again earlier to no avail I thought it may have been the cramping I know it was but My head is a mess anyway.. don't figure!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #797 on: 02/10/2007 10:57:06 »
Anyone awake?? I slept about two hours and then woke up with restless legs and tangled monitor cables and am crabby and tired and feel like a big bear!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #798 on: 02/10/2007 12:59:50 »
Still awake tired ..4:58 am... My legs are still jumpy.. I usually take a shower to relieve the symptoms.. but I can't shower with this stupid monitor attached me! ARRRRGH!
« Last Edit: 08/10/2007 09:43:53 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #799 on: 08/10/2007 09:45:41 »
Well still awake.. and very tired.. have had no sleep for three days. Thought I was close last night, but no go!...will try again in a few!
BUT I AM YAWNING.. RARE SO MAYBE SLEEP IS AT THE DOOR.!

The Naked Scientists Forum

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #799 on: 08/10/2007 09:45:41 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums