The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any insomnia support groups?  (Read 524264 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #875 on: 12/12/2007 16:43:25 »
Plus.....I have a crap cold !!...and my head hurts !!..I think it needs removing !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #876 on: 12/12/2007 16:46:52 »
Yes.. I am sorry I wish they would find something to help you!I care and am sorry you are feeling badly and not sleeping again. Wish you felt better. Sorry Neily.

OH what you doing trying to feel like me.. Wheres the chopping block! LOL Are your sinuses all blocked too?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #877 on: 12/12/2007 16:52:52 »
Hey have you tried that new Zicam cold remedy, gel swab that you swab your nasel pasage with and it is supposed to really help put a kabosh on the cold and way shorten its life! My daughter said it works great!

Its  homeopathic..check it out!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #878 on: 12/12/2007 16:53:35 »
It won't help your cold, but have you had a flue shot yet!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #879 on: 12/12/2007 17:54:24 »
Hey have you tried that new Zicam cold remedy, gel swab that you swab your nasel pasage with and it is supposed to really help put a kabosh on the cold and way shorten its life! My daughter said it works great!

Zicam ?....it'll only work if a crate of it falls on my head !!

What's a kabosh ?....is it a wet shlippery kebab ?...or as ewe guys say kabob !!...lol...kabob !!

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #880 on: 12/12/2007 18:03:49 »
you guys have all different kinds of medicine there. it's basically just a mega shot of zinc. they have a spray, the nose gel stuff, a nose spray, some quick desolte tablets... look for something like that. may have a different name there.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #881 on: 12/12/2007 18:10:23 »
Thanks Kadie.....

I reckon it's all the same just under different names....

..thanks for your help muchly wuchly !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #882 on: 12/12/2007 18:32:06 »

Zicam ?....it'll only work if a crate of it falls on my head !!

What's a kabosh ?....is it a wet shlippery kebab ?...or as ewe guys say kabob !!...lol...kabob !!

"Put the kabosh on it" means to, "stop it in its tracks"

Google the Zicam!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #883 on: 13/12/2007 08:41:05 »
Plus.....I have a crap cold !!...and my head hurts !!..I think it needs removing !!

You Know I am experienced in removing heads.. So if you step forward and

tell weather you prefer having your neck rung or just the quick easy comfort

of the chopping block, then I would be glad to take care of business if only

you promise not to run around like a chicken with his head cut off.. and

most of all stay out of my little red wagon ;) ;D...LOL LOL! :D :D

;)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #884 on: 14/12/2007 05:42:48 »
crud !!....another night with NO sleep !!...I mean....what's the point in even trying ??

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #885 on: 14/12/2007 05:59:57 »
Sorry you are not sleeping! Wish you were. Me neither but it is early for me,  unlike you!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #886 on: 14/12/2007 06:00:37 »
Did you take your sleepy tabs?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #887 on: 14/12/2007 06:08:21 »
nope....i took sleepy tabs last night and don't like to take them when i don't need them...ie: when i don't have an early appointment or something !..............so...this will be another crud day in the bucket of my life !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #888 on: 14/12/2007 06:11:35 »
Well How can you make it a day full of smiles instead? Turn that frown upside down...

I do understand.. well maybe something really special will happen and make your day bright and happy!Maybe special sand fairies will come visit very soon!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #889 on: 18/12/2007 05:32:20 »
Ho Hum.......12:30, not even close to being able to sleep and don't think I will.  These leg cramps are driving me crazy!!!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #890 on: 18/12/2007 10:54:56 »
I am sorry you are not sleeping . I hope you are now. Leg cramps? Is your potassium low or is it a med your taking they can cause some severe cramps.. Lipitor was killing me like that. As soon as he took me off from them, the leg cramps, stomach muscle cramps, back, etc, etc, even cramping across the front of my shins ceased and they have been gone since!

I crashed around 7:30 this evening and figured I better take it where I could, but now I am up and wide awake!

Offline Misty

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #891 on: 18/12/2007 12:53:03 »
Oh Guys
I do feel for you all.  Me too - back to not sleeping.  So much for homeopathy, maybe my original thoughts that is was bunkum are justified.  I even took sleeping tablets last night and apart from feeling calm and pleasantly lazy, sleep eluded me....... AGAIN!! GP has said he thinks it has gotten psychological - he maybe right, dunno, how do you  know?  Even if it is, whaddya do about it?

I totally empathise with you allxxxx

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #892 on: 18/12/2007 13:00:02 »
And we with you Misty. I am sorry you are not sleeping. I was hoping that something was going to work for you. I actually did sleep last night but had to go to sleep really early then was awake by 2:00 am..

I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #893 on: 18/12/2007 14:05:14 »
The last two years for me has seen a dramatic down turn in the level of sleep I get..(which had been an average of 2-3 hours a night anyway)........and it's bad quality sleep too.

I can be up for 48 hours.....take three sleeping tablets....take three hours to get to sleep and then only sleep for twenty minutes !!....my body then thinks it's had enough sleep as it then takes forever to get to sleep again.

I've had enough...!!..I have made  an appointment with my GP next Monday and I am going to kick up a fuss !!...cos it's killing me !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #894 on: 18/12/2007 14:22:20 »
I am so glad you are going to give them and ear full Kind sir! YAYYYYYYYY! Stick to it and make them fix it! Surely theres something. Are you still doing accupunture or is that done? I take it it has not helped at all!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #895 on: 18/12/2007 14:54:07 »
I am sorry you are not sleeping . I hope you are now. Leg cramps? Is your potassium low or is it a med your taking they can cause some severe cramps.. Lipitor was killing me like that. As soon as he took me off from them, the leg cramps, stomach muscle cramps, back, etc, etc, even cramping across the front of my shins ceased and they have been gone since!

I crashed around 7:30 this evening and figured I better take it where I could, but now I am up and wide awake!

Thanks Karen.  I finally made it to sleep around 3:30 am and had to be up at 6:30 to get the brat off to school.  Went back to sleep at 8 and just woke up.  I've had this pattern going on for about a week now.  I hate it cos when I do wake up it takes me a long time to function cos I'm all jittery and shaky.

Yes, I do have low potassium, and the cramping is getting worse.  Now I'm getting them in my inner thighs and they go all the way through and up to my lower back.  I've never had cramps like that.. They're horrible.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #896 on: 18/12/2007 14:56:07 »
The last two years for me has seen a dramatic down turn in the level of sleep I get..(which had been an average of 2-3 hours a night anyway)........and it's bad quality sleep too.

I can be up for 48 hours.....take three sleeping tablets....take three hours to get to sleep and then only sleep for twenty minutes !!....my body then thinks it's had enough sleep as it then takes forever to get to sleep again.

I've had enough...!!..I have made  an appointment with my GP next Monday and I am going to kick up a fuss !!...cos it's killing me !!

I'm praying the your GP can do something to give you some relief.  I'm getting worried about my sheepy friend.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #897 on: 18/12/2007 15:16:22 »

Thanks Karen.  I finally made it to sleep around 3:30 am and had to be up at 6:30 to get the brat off to school.  Went back to sleep at 8 and just woke up.  I've had this pattern going on for about a week now.  I hate it cos when I do wake up it takes me a long time to function cos I'm all jittery and shaky.

Yes, I do have low potassium, and the cramping is getting worse.  Now I'm getting them in my inner thighs and they go all the way through and up to my lower back.  I've never had cramps like that.. They're horrible.

That is awful cramping it was happing for a couple months for me it was horrible I could not move any part of me without setting off a cramp.. walking was horrible.. the ones that start at your toes and go from there all the way into your shoulders and across your back all at once are totally disabling.. I spent hours crying.. It was awful.. I am so sorry its happening to you .. I was so relieved when they found the problem and stopped it because the meds were not helping!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #898 on: 18/12/2007 18:19:03 »
Thank Ewe Both (Karen & Carolyn)

Yes, the acupuncture is all done with....they think It would need at least 6 months (in my case) to see a result. Unfortunately, I just cannnot commit to this kind of schedule and (with my doubts)...I have decided to leave things be.

I believe I am existing on adrenalin alone at the moment...and I can't imagine it lasting so long....

.....I would never normally be so upset , as I have been living with an air of acceptance which has really helped me cope ........but......it gets to a point when ewe can just take so much.......

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #899 on: 19/12/2007 02:56:05 »
Your welcome...sorry theres nothing we can do..but listen. I wish the doctors would do something soon. Hugs....

The Naked Scientists Forum

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #899 on: 19/12/2007 02:56:05 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums