The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any insomnia support groups?  (Read 525140 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #925 on: 11/01/2008 20:23:40 »
That is good. Article or a study?

For a study.....I answered a whole load of questionnaires......I guess it's to do with my answers.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #926 on: 11/01/2008 23:19:11 »
Well I guess they find some great undiscovered clue to help you and all of us!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #927 on: 11/01/2008 23:19:44 »
BTW.. You always have great answers!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #928 on: 13/01/2008 11:15:34 »
Still awake.. 314AM.. I thought I was on a roll.. three nights sleep in a row.. Then I jinxed my self, and said something, now Boom! No sleep so far tonight!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #929 on: 14/01/2008 07:10:45 »
2 am......no sleep.

I've replied to all my work emails, cleaned the refridgerator, did Nic's laundry and made $20 ;D, watched some incredibly stupid movie about car reposessors.....tried going to bed but it was no use....I still can't sleep!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #930 on: 14/01/2008 07:17:26 »
and now I'm dizzy! [xx(]

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #931 on: 14/01/2008 17:39:27 »
Well What time do you go to sleep? Maybe you are trying to soon. Your old enough that your awake time may be changing.
I go to bed at 10.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #932 on: 14/01/2008 17:50:01 »
2 am......no sleep.

I've replied to all my work emails, cleaned the refridgerator, did Nic's laundry and made $20 ;D, watched some incredibly stupid movie about car reposessors.....tried going to bed but it was no use....I still can't sleep!

Did you watch repo man too!LOL I did! LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #933 on: 14/01/2008 17:52:20 »
Well What time do you go to sleep? Maybe you are trying to soon. Your old enough that your awake time may be changing.
I go to bed at 10.

So are you 14 years old? You very well might just not be tired yet!

Make sure you don't do strenuous exercise before bed.. it gives energy and makes one restless. Some nice stretches could be beneficial.. and watch what you eat and drink before bed!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #934 on: 14/01/2008 17:53:32 »
2 am......no sleep.

Did you watch repo man too!LOL I did! LOL
LOL....YES!  That was the name of it! What an awful movie!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #935 on: 14/01/2008 18:02:52 »
Well, It used to be one of Bobs favorite movies.. I don't get it.. It was awful!!! LOL Looks like we were both not sleeping! LOL

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #936 on: 16/01/2008 07:05:20 »
2 am again and again no sleep!!!  I'm so tired.  My back is out, having severe pain from this ******* fibromyalgia!!!  Took a pain pill 2 hours ago and it hasn't helped at all. 

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #937 on: 16/01/2008 07:45:08 »
I am sorry to see you up still also. I tried but no luck. I will try again soon. Wish you felt better.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #938 on: 21/01/2008 11:54:54 »
Good day London...I am wide awake and hoping you all had a restful sleep! 3:15 am.. can't sleep.. laid in bed for hours no go.. So I came and have been posting about an hour or so.

Well hope all is well and hope the rain stopped falling on your heads.. unless of course thats what you like! LOL..

Will try again soon!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #939 on: 22/01/2008 06:58:56 »
ho hum......2 am, can't sleep...have to be up in 4 hours.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #940 on: 22/01/2008 10:34:41 »
Me too.. I have tried twice.. and am whipped.. just can't get the sleep to come... Good luck..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #941 on: 23/01/2008 15:56:37 »
7:54 AM. I am running out of things to count!

Offline kartythefirst

• First timers
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #942 on: 23/01/2008 16:21:15 »
hello from australia newbie here have followed the forum for a while but felt too awkward to write anything but I did really want to say a big thank you to everone on this site and particularly neil who's messages have been around from day dot your honesty and the glimpses of complete frustration laced with admirable optimism have seen me through some of the lowest moments and you've all made me feel not quite so alone. For now I do need to at least type something because I'm feeling a fair dose of guilt today. I spent 6 years straight on sleeping pills, just a little bit addicted! I fell pregnant went cold turkey off them and lost the baby i didn't touch them again for 5 years, now 34 weeks pregnant i've been back on them no pills no sleep i just can't go day after day with nothing so at about the 40 hour sleep free mark i'm taking them just feel so guilty about it and today the obstetrician has suggested bringing on early delivery if i get exhausted, stressed and sleep deprived I can have a seizure that can harm the baby so far I've avoided it but i guess with insomnia getting worse it's a risk, before the delivery I have to go a full week pill free that petrifies me as you all know your own company can send you crazy after a while and late night tv well I don't need to say much about that do i! I also have to say that if one more well meaning person suggests horlicks or peppermint tea to me I think I'll kick them in frustration! Irony of it all is I'm a health care advisor who empathises and gives remedies to people who say they can't sleep till 12/1 o'clock all with a sympathetic smile. Anyway I needed to say to someone I can't cope but I am because that's what you learn to do and I needed to say thank you for your support and I optimistically hope that sleep visits you all sorry this is such a long post.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #943 on: 23/01/2008 18:03:31 »
Hi Karty,
I am sorry you are having to do this at a point when you should be able to enjoy your pregnancy and feel good and rested. I am sorry for your previous loss. I hope for you to to continue on and remain strong.. There is as you know, nothing we can say to make your sleep better but as you have found, it is somewhat comforting to be able to discuss the problem and know there are others that feel your total frustration.. and have been there..Welcome to the site and I hope you begin to feel more at home. Please feel free to make your posts as long or as short as you like.. we welcome you in. Good luck and congratulations on this new wee one.

Offline kartythefirst

• First timers
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #944 on: 23/01/2008 18:25:42 »
Thanks Karen I feel amazingly relieved and happy now the sleep deprivation doesn't seem so bad when you get to talk about what's doing your head in finally. sunrise in an hour it's going to be a good day hope yours is too :)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #945 on: 23/01/2008 18:30:17 »
Yes I know what you mean..Yes its the hours during the night that drive me mad... More so these days so I tend to get a bit touchy in those hours especially if I have no one to talk to, or nothing to do!I hope your day goes well. We have a brisk frozen over heavy frost, but blue skies and sunshine! Its good to see morning. Thanks.

Offline kartythefirst

• First timers
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #946 on: 28/01/2008 14:09:21 »
hello all :) getting ready for the night shift 3rd day without sleep and avoiding the sleep meds somethings got to give sooner or later! How's everyone elses day/nights going? Karen i understand the touchy frustrated hours running out of ways to keep sane during the night sometimes I wander if taking the meds is to sleep or to escape the boredom of not knowing what to do with the spare time, I have an assignment I should be doing but the brain focus just isn't there.  It's nice and sunny and warm here in Aus at the moment, haven't been down the beach yet because of the beached whale effect being 35 weeks pregnant has but it makes for cheery days! As usual hoping the sandman visits each and everyone of you soon :)

Offline Misty

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #947 on: 29/01/2008 12:46:08 »
Hi everyone and welcome to Karty.

Well, I had my first reflexolgy session on Saturday and guess what - I fell asleep, deeply asleep and had to be woken at the end of it, which I wasn't happy about!!.  What a blissfully relaxing experience and to sleep at all, let alone in the middle of the day........!  I am being 'used' as a case study, so have four free sessions, after which, if the positive benefits continue (have been sleeping a few hours a night since then) I shall definitely continue with it, if only for the foot massage!!

Karty, sorry to hear of your experiences - been there myself so can empathise.

To those living in the UK,  I can recommend a herbal product called Sleepezy from Healthy Direct (am I allowed to do that?!) it's worth a try.

Regards to one and all.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #948 on: 01/02/2008 06:07:56 »
CRAP!!!!  I'm starting to lose my sense of humor over my lack of sleep!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #949 on: 11/02/2008 16:50:40 »
hello all :) getting ready for the night shift 3rd day without sleep and avoiding the sleep meds somethings got to give sooner or later! How's everyone elses day/nights going? Karen i understand the touchy frustrated hours running out of ways to keep sane during the night sometimes I wander if taking the meds is to sleep or to escape the boredom of not knowing what to do with the spare time, I have an assignment I should be doing but the brain focus just isn't there.  It's nice and sunny and warm here in Aus at the moment, haven't been down the beach yet because of the beached whale effect being 35 weeks pregnant has but it makes for cheery days! As usual hoping the sandman visits each and everyone of you soon :)

Thanks Karty I hope your days get better soon. It is really not good three days and no sleep. Make sure you are laying down for quality rest off your feet. Lack of sleep can cause some real nastiness while pregnant so at least lie dow and take the load off for that period you both need the rest!

Hugs feel better soon and glad you at least have some beautiful cheery days to help.

It is difficult to think or occupy time.. and I know its hard to lay for hours without sleep.. but remember baby needs that rest too... even if the peepers don't close..*smiles*

The Naked Scientists Forum

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #949 on: 11/02/2008 16:50:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length