The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any insomnia support groups?  (Read 524576 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #950 on: 11/02/2008 16:51:42 »
CRAP!!!!  I'm starting to lose my sense of humor over my lack of sleep!

Sorry I know how irratating that is.. I hope you were finally able to get some sleep!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #951 on: 25/02/2008 16:17:47 »
well no sleep last night... and wide awake this morning.... A million thoughts filling my head...*^*%%%*^*^(&((^*^&%*^&(*((*^*^!!!!!

Offline Misty

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #952 on: 18/03/2008 11:44:25 »
 ???

Ah Guys
Back again - well the reflexology was bliss and I benefitted from it a little in the sense that I did get a few hours sssssleep for a couple of weeks, but now back to square one and trying to keep off the sleep meds.

How come the less sleep I get the more wired up I feel?  When I was sleeping a bit, I woke feeling exhausted, but now I am back to not sleeping again, I feel fine.  Trying not to panic in the small wee hours, but when partner is snoring lightly beside me and I know I have to drive to work in a few hours, the old ticker starts to quicken a bit.

Neilip, how did the study thing go - any nearer to finding out why YOU don't sleep??

The other thing I was wondering, if it's not too personal - how many of you non-sleepers are overweight?  I am and I have been reading a lot about insomnia causing weight gain.  Interestingly I managed to lose a stone while I was sleeping, but now I am not sleeping again, I've plateaued and I've still got two stones to go.

Happy Easter to all of you - catch up soon.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #953 on: 18/03/2008 14:43:13 »
???

Ah Guys
Back again - well the reflexology was bliss and I benefitted from it a little in the sense that I did get a few hours sssssleep for a couple of weeks, but now back to square one and trying to keep off the sleep meds.

How come the less sleep I get the more wired up I feel?  When I was sleeping a bit, I woke feeling exhausted, but now I am back to not sleeping again, I feel fine.  Trying not to panic in the small wee hours, but when partner is snoring lightly beside me and I know I have to drive to work in a few hours, the old ticker starts to quicken a bit.

Neilip, how did the study thing go - any nearer to finding out why YOU don't sleep??

The other thing I was wondering, if it's not too personal - how many of you non-sleepers are overweight?  I am and I have been reading a lot about insomnia causing weight gain.  Interestingly I managed to lose a stone while I was sleeping, but now I am not sleeping again, I've plateaued and I've still got two stones to go.

Hi Misty

*le sigh*......

This is the problem with things like acupuncture and reflexology.......if they work.........then they only work in the short term whilst undergoing the treatment.

I am so sorry to hear of your return to the world of ' night '

My study ?....funny you should mention it...I actually emailed them a couple of weeks ago as I had heard nothing.............and............I am still waiting....watch this space !!

Overweight ?....you betcha ?.......though, if this is of any interest....I had been a chronic insomniac for a full twenty years before I put the weight on !.......but that twenty years was the passage of growth from a boy to a bloke !!

If that partner of yours is making your sleep worse then ...do what wifey did toi me.....kick 'em out !!

*le sigh*
« Last Edit: 18/03/2008 14:45:15 by neilep »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #954 on: 18/03/2008 21:00:10 »
???

Ah Guys

Yep overweight here to. I also have read tons on the effects of no sleep and weight gain.... apparently it does not allow the production of enough seratonin or something  which aid in the bodies ability to regulate weight and burn calories or something like that... Hope you get some sleep soon.

Snoring has never bothered me much.. My husband was a huge snorer... and shook the walls with his..and choking and coughing...

Offline Misty

• View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #955 on: 19/03/2008 16:00:10 »
Ah Neilip...I do drift off to the spare room occasionally, but frankly, if I can't sleep, I can't sleep and partner's snoring or not snoring makes no odds!

Ah, it is a very cruel thing to be afflicted with!

I think I agree about the reflexology etc, but I will go back to it if only for the two hours perfect bliss of having my own space and someone rubbing my feet................... and it is very relaxing!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #956 on: 31/03/2008 05:52:43 »
Hardly any sleep last night and ti's looking like the same tonight! [:(!] [:(!]

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #957 on: 31/03/2008 07:03:15 »
       sorry you cant sleep. me neither.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #958 on: 31/03/2008 10:44:06 »
Wow.. I feel really bad.
Because I doze off within about 5 minutes.. And I don't dream.. Which is great, cos dreaming makes my sleeps more tiring LOL

Aren't you really tired though? Surely you should get to sleep quicker.. Or do you not get tired?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #959 on: 31/03/2008 20:00:25 »
Its getting to sleep that is hard.. I get fidgety and sometimes my legs bother me.. sometimes my thoughts(lots of times) Worry etc.. Just don't feel well sometimes sometimes to much pain to sleep. Tons of things mostly some bad memories and odds and end things I can't seem to pinpoint!

I love to dream it makes me feel more rested.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #960 on: 31/03/2008 20:16:52 »
Sorry for you!

Dreaming is bad lol. You wake up in the morning.. Think you remember it.. Then forget it within in an hour. :P

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #961 on: 31/03/2008 20:31:36 »
I usually remember more then most.. I tend to write them down more...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #962 on: 31/03/2008 20:32:30 »
Sorry for you!

Dreaming is bad lol. You wake up in the morning.. Think you remember it.. Then forget it within in an hour. :P
No need for being sorry.. I am fine!!!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #963 on: 31/03/2008 20:36:40 »

Oh.. I don't really like dreams. Even if they are good!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #964 on: 31/03/2008 21:19:22 »

Oh.. I don't really like dreams. Even if they are good!

Really????

Some of mine are tres weird! LOL.. Very mixed up and odd! LOL!! But I won't discuss that here! LOL!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #965 on: 31/03/2008 21:29:18 »
LOL!!

Dreams just make your morning weird. You're constantly thinking what it was you dreamt!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #966 on: 31/03/2008 21:48:50 »
That can happen to if you were lucky enough to have made it into that stage of sleep!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #967 on: 31/03/2008 22:02:01 »
LOL.. I normally don't dream though ;D

It's alot easier that way ;D

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #968 on: 31/03/2008 22:02:53 »
What's annoying is...

You pick up lots of money on the floor. You wake up and it's a dream..

What's also annoying is..

Your dad has died or something in your dream, and you wake up to see it was a dream. You're thankful but your annoyed that you went through the pain in your dream.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #969 on: 31/03/2008 22:18:27 »
What's annoying is...

You pick up lots of money on the floor. You wake up and it's a dream..

What's also annoying is..

Your dad has died or something in your dream, and you wake up to see it was a dream. You're thankful but your annoyed that you went through the pain in your dream.

Thats true.. I have dreams like that as an adult feelings of loss that weigh very heavy in my mind even though years have passed.. also scary dreams of experiences and traumas that I have had... sometimes you just have a hard time going to sleep because your afraid to see what your dream will bring!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #970 on: 31/03/2008 22:36:56 »
LOL.. Naa.. I never have a hard time going to sleep because I'm afraid to see what your dream will bring..

I've always thought your dream was like your dark side.. Or an identical person to you, in a different planet.

How come we dream?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #971 on: 31/03/2008 23:18:07 »
LOL LOL.. Well that is interesting way to look at it..... I think it is a relaxing thing but mostly a tool to help us understand ourselves better and untangle fears feelings and questions we have that we don't understand but maybe know the answer to if we concentrate and ponder enough about it before sleep!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #972 on: 31/03/2008 23:21:45 »
I don't think there is much point to it though!!
I mean it's not REAL.. Well not in OUR world.

It's just a little buggar :P

http://www.funpages.com/boogerworm/

^^ Booger Worm song ;D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #973 on: 31/03/2008 23:30:30 »
LOL LOL LOL LOLL..hee hee heee.... SO funny... LOL.. Thanks Seany!!! Yes you are,,, stuck on my finger... LOL!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Insomnia support groups
« Reply #974 on: 01/04/2008 00:18:44 »
LOL!! Yayyyyyyyyy!
I'm stuck on Karen's finger ;D

The Naked Scientists Forum

Insomnia support groups
« Reply #974 on: 01/04/2008 00:18:44 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines