The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: ATLANTIS DISCOVERED  (Read 54997 times)

Offline LoneStar77

• First timers
    • View Profile
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #100 on: 10/02/2009 07:50:03 »
Hello Vern!
I discovered the Atlantis City! Sorry Vern only the graveyard! 3/4 of the Golden City is covered by thickest magma layers.
Through the Google; Latitude: 37:19 N, Longitude: 24:58 W.
If serious, there is covered treasure of the mankind!

I'm looking for that all my life!

Mr. Margiani, the map you use is originally from Kircher (1665).

Please note that Kircher's map has North at the bottom.

Notice the arrow on Kircher's map. You include this on your original diagram and you'll notice that the orientation does not match that of Kircher. The arrow is a compass indicating "North." Also notice that the size of "Atlantis" on Kircher's original is larger than that in your drawing. Why the change in scale and orientation? Why use Kircher's at all?

What is the provenance of Kircher's map? Apparently he got it from Egypt, but from where did the Egyptian artist get their data? How faithfully did Kircher copy the map from Egypt? How faithfully did the Egyptian copy from their sources? If the 1665 map is any indication, I wouldn't trust the accuracy of the drawing of Atlantis. Notice the poorly drawn Iberian Peninsula and Northwest Africa. Notice the blob that is supposed to be America. And what are the two other, smaller islands? Also, Great Britain and Ireland are completely missing from Kircher's map.

Another observation: Plato supposedly has the fertile plain and capital city (your Atlantis City?) facing toward the South. You have this city facing Gibraltar (to the East).

At least with the Azores, the arc of islands (mountains?) embracing lower (now submerged?) land is facing South as Plato indicated. However, the scale is off by a factor of two for the fertile plain he indicated to exist there, but that could be the result of one of those handy-dandy mistranslations I abhor so much. Such a deus ex machina is distasteful, but try this one on for size. The Roman mile is based on 1000 paces, each of which is two steps. Perhaps the Egyptians had some similar measurement that used one step, but Solon (or someone else in the chain of custody of the data) assumed two steps. With that, the size of the plain in Plato's dialogues could fit the space held by the arc of the Azores islands.

What about the location you have chosen for the city makes you think the city was really there? If you base your theory on Plato and Kircher, why are you ignoring so much of each?

If we discuss the subject of Atlantis with any credibility at all (and already we're walking on thin ice as it is), we need to use some restraint in the sources we pick, but also in the interpretations we give the data we use. Wishful thinking or creative imagination are poor substitutes for observation and logical analysis.

Mr. Margiani, if you have some rationale for all of your leaps in logic, you need to fill them in with solid reasoning for anyone to take your theories seriously. You need to explain your choice of Kircher's map with something more than blind faith that Kircher was telling the truth, and that all Egyptians always had it right. You need to explain your deviation from Kircher's original (both scale and orientation). Without some semblance of this, your theory has no solid ground, or even thin ice underneath it. Right now, your theory is not even treading water -- sunk like the mythological island empire about which it purports to explain.
« Last Edit: 10/02/2009 07:56:26 by LoneStar77 »

Offline K.Margiani

• I only try to help of mammals kingdom.
    • View Profile
    • COSMOGEOLOGY
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #101 on: 11/02/2009 06:46:08 »
Sorry I was busy!

I don't forget. I will send the detail geological explanation for you.
You can understend news in my links about the Atlantis!

I’ve tried many maps but only Kircher’s map could explain many secrets.  Kircher was a Jesuit German priest, who lived between 1602-1680. He published “Mundus Subterraneus”, a book containing a map of Atlantis according to ancient Egyptian maps.  The original map was taken from Egypt by the Romans, probably around 30 AD. I want to say that the map maybe  during difficult millenniums is slowly stretched. There are many details that almost exactly connected to the sunken terrain. Of course the Kircher’s map as well as my map of Atlantis is near to the truth.  Outlines of main three islands on the map are approximately. All map show almost real territories of the sunken kingdom. Eastern part of North America  by the global interaction was uplifted. The pre-flood coastal zone by comparison to the modern maps was very different . The line to the mainland shows pre-flood coastal zone of the uplifted platform after global drift and huge interaction within pre-flood time. The Atlantis  by huge pressure of three surrounded thick platforms was formed. Atlantis was marine power and all pre-flood islands and continents had been captured by them. Easter Islands, Andes, Egypt, Mesopotamia, India and other places have the Atlantian-tracks. One scholar said that “there had been early developed mother culture which had contacts to the all other developing cultures all over the Earth.
The arrow at the corners shows direction of pre-flood and modern magnetic fields. Two mountains on the Kircher’s map are volcanoes. The arc-lines from the peaks of both mountains, on the Kircher’s map show simple volcanic activity. Both volcanoes (X) are on the Mid-Atlantic ridge. strange would be the fault zone without volcanoes. The uplifted ridge without volcanoes would be much more unbelievable. Huge outflows over the Mid Atlantic Ridge could change the volcano coordinates as well. The new fissure outflow zones at the boundary by pre-flood rivers are crossed. Some small lithosphere slabs at the fissure boundaries by ejected masses are broken out. directions of the rivers from mountains to the coastal zones are plausible. Exactly coordinates  where fourth river flowing to the pre-flood bay between two mountain chains  are that:Latitude: 33:31 N, Longitude: 28:42 W.
Modern coordinates of the "trident peaks" about 400 miles off Portugal at the half way from the Gibraltar to the Golden City:
1. Left peak – Latitude: 36:51 N,    Longitude: 14:26 W.
2. Middle peak – Latitude: 37 N,    Longitude: 14:10 W.
3. Right peak – Latitude: 37:02 N, Longitude: 13:52 W.

« Last Edit: 11/02/2009 07:07:13 by K.Margiani »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #102 on: 21/02/2009 04:13:27 »
5 stade = 92 km

Oh dear, oh dear. Wrong yet again. Although the length of a stade has not been definitively proven (the estimates vary from 157 metres to 209 metres. Herodotus said it was 600 feet) it is most commonly accepted that 1 stade = 185 metres.

It is the root of the word "stadium" and was originally the length of ancient Greek running races which were measured as 600 paces. In 776BCE there was only 1 event at the Olympia (the 1st recognised Olympia); a race of 1 length of the stadium. Guess what... the race was recorded as being 1 stade in length (incidentally, it was won by Koroibos of Elias after whom the next Olympia was named). Stade was also used to refer to the actual track the athletes ran on. You appear to have stretched a stade's length roughly 10-fold.

I have asked you before, and I now ask you again, to please check your facts before you post. We on this forum are not gullible idiots. This is the 3rd time I have caught you out (actually more than 3 times but I haven't even bothered responding to the others) and the geological features you mentioned have been shown not to be what you claimed. The more of this rubbish you post, the sillier you make yourself look.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #103 on: 21/02/2009 04:21:04 »
Carl - My apologies for not yet having addressed your post. Unfortunately I didn't have the internet in hospital.

paul.fr

ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #104 on: 21/02/2009 13:01:26 »

'Atlantis' was blip on Google Earth
Hopes that the lost city of Atlantis had been found on Google Earth have been shattered.

Keen observers had spotted what appeared to be the outline of a vast city - the size of Wales - on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean.

But the criss-crossing lines, located 600 miles west of the Canary Islands, were explained as an "artifact" of its map making process.

Details for the ocean maps on Google Earth come from sonar measurements of the sea floor recorded by boats - and the area around the Canaries was mapped by boats travelling in a series of straight lines.

A spokeswoman for Google said: "It's true that many amazing discoveries have been made in Google Earth including a pristine forest in Mozambique that is home to previously unknown species and the remains of an Ancient Roman villa.

"In this case, however, what users are seeing is an artefact of the data collection process.

"Sea floor terrain data is often collected from boats using sonar to take measurements of the sea floor.

"The lines reflect the path of the boat as it gathers the data.

"The fact that there are blank spots between each of these lines is a sign of how little we really know about the world's oceans."

The admission was a blow to Atlantis hunters who are convinced the city still lies undiscovered below the waves.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4735793/Atlantis-was-blip-on-Google-Earth.html

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #105 on: 21/02/2009 16:48:05 »
Paul - he won't believe that.

paul.fr

ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #106 on: 21/02/2009 16:59:56 »
I suppose not, afterall he did decode it himself! But I have patrick duffy in chains, so nobody can ever prove it!

Offline K.Margiani

• View Profile
    • COSMOGEOLOGY
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #107 on: 21/02/2009 19:02:59 »
How are you DoctorBeaver.
There are few sources in the Internet about the 92km.

I discovered Plato's mix up about sizes.
five stadia 0,92km for the city kingdom is too small.
the Google vividly shows mysterious survived outer arc about 100km and inner arc about 10km.

It means some investigator decided  1stade (Atlantian,Egyptian)= 100 stadia
 10 km for inner city-citadel and 100 km for outer planes are plausible. The Google shows same.
First king of the island was Atlas. Do you believe that one kilometer plane was enough for the kingdom?

yellow and red arcs show survived margins of citadel and shore.
I suppose not, afterall he did decode it himself! But I have patrick duffy in chains, so nobody can ever prove it!
I have research which proves this is truth! result of investigation for 20 years! truth is victorious!

« Last Edit: 21/02/2009 20:03:24 by K.Margiani »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #108 on: 21/02/2009 20:15:09 »
How are you DoctorBeaver.
There are few sources in the Internet about the 92km.

There are internet sources claiming that the Earth is flat and that little green men from Venus have been abducting cattle.

the Google vividly shows mysterious survived outer arc about 100km and inner arc about 10km.

I could see the outline of a pig.

It means some investigator decided  1stade (Atlantian,Egyptian)= 100 stadia

Says who? I've not seen that anywhere.

Offline K.Margiani

• View Profile
    • COSMOGEOLOGY
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #109 on: 21/02/2009 20:20:59 »
What? are you  farmer? where are a pig and cattle?

Offline K.Margiani

• View Profile
    • COSMOGEOLOGY
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #110 on: 21/02/2009 20:32:41 »

But the criss-crossing lines, located 600 miles west of the Canary Islands, were explained as an "artifact" of its map making process.
You are right! There is not terrain of Atlantis. There are fissures only.

« Last Edit: 21/02/2009 20:36:58 by K.Margiani »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #111 on: 21/02/2009 22:48:50 »

You are right! There is not terrain of Atlantis. There are fissures only.

There's the outline of a mouse near the bottom left corner

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #112 on: 22/02/2009 04:04:31 »
It does look like there might be something there. I don't know if we should dismiss it so casually.

Offline K.Margiani

• View Profile
    • COSMOGEOLOGY
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #113 on: 22/02/2009 07:03:25 »
No Vern, no!
There are lots of criss-crossing lines over the sea-floors. I'm investigating long ago an "artifact". There is triply junction zone of three huge lithosphere plates. The criss-crossing lines are formed by periodic huge interaction between the plates (submarine earthquakes). These periodic events produce criss-crossing fissures. During global geo-catastrophe forms fissure-outflows.
The image indicates another fissure zone: 31W,19N.
« Last Edit: 22/02/2009 07:20:05 by K.Margiani »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #114 on: 22/02/2009 09:48:20 »
Vern - read Paul's post further up the page. Those lines are the result of how the map was constructed and are not really there.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #115 on: 22/02/2009 22:16:45 »
Vern - read Paul's post further up the page. Those lines are the result of how the map was constructed and are not really there.
Yes; I was a little slow to catch on :) I saw it on the Fox channel last night and recognized the pattern from the above post. But I think the lines are in a different location than our subject kingdom.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #116 on: 23/02/2009 01:35:19 »
Ah, it's the Atlantean monorail system!

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #117 on: 23/02/2009 03:13:59 »
Yep; that must be it. I'm still looking for the runways of their airports :) But not to digress, I'm sure the subject is a serious one to anyone investigating it. :)

Offline K.Margiani

• View Profile
    • COSMOGEOLOGY
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #118 on: 23/02/2009 10:23:41 »
Forgot someones fallacies about fissure lines. That has not any connection to the real terrain of the sunken pre-flood kingdom.

Offline K.Margiani

• View Profile
    • COSMOGEOLOGY
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #119 on: 24/02/2009 12:25:48 »
Russian unvestigations show that the Atlantic basin is unstable. They took samples of the seabed suggesting that 10,000 years ago the mid-Atlantic ridge was above the surface of the Atlantic. Cores found at the12,000 feet level carry life forms usually seen in fresh-water lakes and sediment found in shallow water and upon dry land. Just as underwater debris can be raised to great heights above sea level to form mountain chains, the reverse is also true.
Prof. Hans Pettersson, leader of the Swedish Albatross expeditions, which extracted hundreds of samples from the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean throughout the 1930's, stated that the Mid-Atlantic Ridge was mainly above water as recently as 15,000 years ago. A similar conclusion had been reached earlier by the German Gauss expedition, which sounded the Romanche Deep in 1901.
In 1936, Charles S. Piggot's famous U.S. Geological Survey of deep core soundings indicated that the Mid
-Atlantic Ridge reached above the surface of the ocean 10,000 to 20,000 years ago. Different sediment deposits on each side of the Ridge showed that the Ridge once separated two currents moving in opposite directions. Heavy deposits of volcanic ash on both slopes were dated at 12,000 years ago. (Piggot, 1937)
Still another oceanographic expedition, Swedish Deep-Sea Expedition of 1947-1948, yielded core samples containing sand from the Romanche Deep along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Dr. Otto Mellis did not publish these findings until ten years later (Mellis, 1958). Other geologists have guardedly admitted that the Azore Islands (Central Atlantic) are composed chiefly of continental material, some even conceding that there might be enough continental material (sial) in the mid-Atlantic to make up a landmass the size of Spain (de Camp, 1970). This is not much smaller than the size I have been proposing for the island of Atlantis.

« Last Edit: 24/02/2009 12:34:56 by K.Margiani »

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #120 on: 24/02/2009 12:52:04 »
Atlantis has been discovered soooo many times, and as Paul said this was just another Red Herring created by the mapping methods used which Google Earth utilised.

So far as I am concerned the only worthwhile discovery of Atlantis was by The Shadows in 1963. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VycZVyApqew&feature=PlayList&p=E12A87A8E932EDAF&index=0&playnext=1

Offline K.Margiani

• View Profile
    • COSMOGEOLOGY
ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #121 on: 25/02/2009 06:48:24 »
Atlantis has been discovered soooo many times, and as Paul said this was just another Red Herring created by the mapping methods used which Google Earth utilised.

You and Poul have to forget "just another Red Herring created by the mapping methods used which Google Earth utilised".
There are enough explanations  about someones fallacies and fissure lines. The "Google's lines" Have not any connection to the real terrain of the sunken pre-flood kingdom.

« Last Edit: 25/02/2009 07:50:09 by K.Margiani »

The Naked Scientists Forum

ATLANTIS DISCOVERED
« Reply #121 on: 25/02/2009 06:48:24 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length