The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: SHARE YOUR WRITING!  (Read 239088 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: SHARE YOUR WRITING!
« Reply #350 on: 19/09/2006 17:03:05 »
This veiw of life seems to be so young! I feel like you are just starting to experince life... Life is certainly more complicated then this.. but your thoughts and your ideals are very touching! If only people had the ability to  not let their mind speak to itself, as that is surely impossible in and of itself!

Karen
« Last Edit: 19/10/2006 16:52:41 by Karen W. »

Offline otis01

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 19/09/2006 18:21:56 »
What can be more complicated than becoming, what you describe as, the impossible? Complication must be a result of confusion.

"not let their mind speak to itself, as that is surely impossible in and of itself!"

Not only is it possible, it is inevitable. The mind and body are bound by time, thus subject to the cycle of birth, growth, decay, and death. At the end of this life, when your body and mind are absorbed into time, history, the past, your mind will do just that-cease to speak to itself. Then who is left?

You are very right- I am just starting to experience Life.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 20/09/2006 02:46:54 »
I do not believe that at the end of my physcal Life that thats just it I believe I will move on to a new plane! With My brain intact.. Just a personal Belief not up for debate or anything, but For me , I know theres more!  Otis How old are you??...sorry wait I'll check your profile.... Holy Smokes, You are Just starting out! 13 years old.. You are doing better then I at that age.. developing your own personal truths.. You make many good points, but many unrealistic to myself. You are very bright and I hope you enjoy the forum.. Life has alot to show you Little friend.. I hope you meet those things with the awareness you show that you possess! Good luck!!

Karen
« Last Edit: 19/10/2006 16:53:44 by Karen W. »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #353 on: 20/09/2006 04:15:13 »
Awww, Otis, you write like my middle son did when he was your age...I will look at some of his past writings...

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 18/09/2006 22:28:44 »

Mermaid Wrestler

I still hear the tick
of the clock high above
the only bare walls of white

light happy children
run and play
among the rubble of
spent dreams

scattered to four corner
winds blow
this way and that
tossing crisp dry
leaves that yes won't

look sadly back
across divides that slow
separate me
and join all in out or as
tilt the table

turns pretty heads or
tails of in time
spent in power of ages
as if one ever

you wait in line so
drawn so straight
or gay abandon you
press the a flesh
in sweaty hands

christian and her son  
draped in her arms
viewing a vatican
floor unexpecting
mermaid wrestler

collect their thoughts
on food stamps
the foot that has to rock
and role

another cigarette
another drink
another day another life
I still hear the tick

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 19/09/2006 00:53:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by Karen W.

Loretta you are so funny, Write, Write,  Write!!!

Karen

I will...but too busy right now to write....geez...:(

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 19/09/2006 03:25:50 »
Hadrian, That one had avery different flow, nice...I liked the movement and the thoughts..the very reality of what I veiwed when I read it!

Karen
« Last Edit: 19/09/2006 03:30:46 by Karen W. »

Offline otis01

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 19/09/2006 16:06:17 »
My Truth;
 The only Truth I know is I am not this Body, I am not this Mind.

When the thought arises " I am this body, I am this mind." confusion, pain, suffering, pleasure, all flourish. This body and this mind are what you inhabit. This is Your Body and Your Mind. These events of this world do not occur to you; they occur to the bodies and minds we possess; which are parts of the material world. A soul is the witness that inhabits this body and uses this mind to interpret this "real" material world. This body and this mind say "I suffer. I hurt. I hate. I fear. I am not free. I need. I am this. I am that." This body and this mind are right. It does hurt. It does fear. It does hate. But, You do not because you are not it. You will not hurt when you realize this. Nor can you inflict the same
when you realize this. When you see that you cannot be hurt, you cannot be killed, you will not fear Death. When you see that hate Always leads to more hate, you will never hate again. When you meet fear and hate with open arms and a smile, they are destined to die. They require more of themselves to thrive. Meet fear with fear and it will thrive.

The mind and body must be in harmony with the soul to be of any use for true progress. Studying books, intellectual discussions, etc... are all necessary tools that can refine the mind into a more useful tool. But without the first cultivation of the Real Knowledge, that of which is who You are, these studies of lower knowledge can hardly be useful in the hands of minds and bodies controlling themselves. For True progress to envelop this world, the knowledge of the body and mind must be utilized as a tool by that which You are. That which We are.

We will end all the sufferings and pains of this world when we realize collectively that we are One. When there are no bodies and minds left to their own device, peace and harmony will flourish. As individuals some may know prosperous times, entire civilizations may indeed know prosperous times, but the times will endlessly continue in the cycle of birth, growth, decay, and death. As One we will all know prosperous eternity.

When we realize we are not this body and this mind, we can free ourselves from this cycle of birth, growth, decay, and death. If even one person in this world  says "I am this mind. I am this body. I hate. I hurt. I fear Death, I will Die": if even one person believes this, and believes he is an individual, then wars, pain, suffering, birth, growth, decay, and death will prevail.

Believe No man who says you must fear this or you must fear that. He cannot lead you to the freedom you want and he claims to offer. You cannot buy freedom. You cannot sell it, steal it, borrow it, earn it, or win it. You Are It. When even the notion arises that "I cannot do this, I cannot do that, I am not free", it is the mind and the body operating itself. You can do anything. The mind and body have buried the soul, the eternal source of ALL, with guilt, fear, hate, suffering, pleasure and pain. The Soul and Freedom can only be realized when all of the notions arising from "I am this body, I am this mind" cease. When you answer your own question of "Who am I?", All will be revealed.

Be dilligent. It is not easy to answer this question. You have years and decades of thought, pain and pleasure all working in unison to hide you from your Self. You have only to ask the question "Who am I?". Do not let the mind answer itself. It does not know. Do not look for a book to answer this question. It cannot know. Anyone who says "Follow me, I'll show you the way" has not yet himself found the answer. Simply ask the question "Who am I?" and then do only one thing: Keep quiet. Do not let the mind search the past for answers. Nor let the mind search the future. Do not let the mind speak to itself.The answer is not of words. So do not think the answer will come to you as such. But, you will know it when it comes. It may happen instantly, or it may take the rest of this life, or it may take eternity. But it does not matter because Time does not exist. Any time is the same time. And as such Now is the only time. What ever you want to do, do it Now. For Now you are Free.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 19/09/2006 17:03:05 »
This veiw of life seems to be so young! I feel like you are just starting to experince life... Life is certainly more complicated then this.. but your thoughts and your ideals are very touching! If only people had the ability to  not let their mind speak to itself, as that is surely impossible in and of itself!

Karen
« Last Edit: 19/10/2006 16:52:41 by Karen W. »

Offline otis01

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 19/09/2006 18:21:56 »
What can be more complicated than becoming, what you describe as, the impossible? Complication must be a result of confusion.

"not let their mind speak to itself, as that is surely impossible in and of itself!"

Not only is it possible, it is inevitable. The mind and body are bound by time, thus subject to the cycle of birth, growth, decay, and death. At the end of this life, when your body and mind are absorbed into time, history, the past, your mind will do just that-cease to speak to itself. Then who is left?

You are very right- I am just starting to experience Life.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 20/09/2006 02:46:54 »
I do not believe that at the end of my physcal Life that thats just it I believe I will move on to a new plane! With My brain intact.. Just a personal Belief not up for debate or anything, but For me , I know theres more!  Otis How old are you??...sorry wait I'll check your profile.... Holy Smokes, You are Just starting out! 13 years old.. You are doing better then I at that age.. developing your own personal truths.. You make many good points, but many unrealistic to myself. You are very bright and I hope you enjoy the forum.. Life has alot to show you Little friend.. I hope you meet those things with the awareness you show that you possess! Good luck!!

Karen
« Last Edit: 19/10/2006 16:53:44 by Karen W. »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 20/09/2006 04:15:13 »
Awww, Otis, you write like my middle son did when he was your age...I will look at some of his past writings...

"Lo" Loretta

Offline nannham

• View Profile
    • http://www.fairbloodydinkum.com/
« Reply #362 on: 29/09/2006 16:08:59 »

quote:
Originally posted by otis01

The mind and body are bound by time, thus subject to the cycle of birth, growth, decay, and death. At the end of this life, when your body and mind are absorbed into time, history, the past, your mind will do just that-cease to speak to itself. Then who is left?

I like what you have to say here, Otis.  You're only 13?

Nann

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 12/10/2006 08:16:17 »
OH..... HOW I LOVE YOU!

I have a dream of you, etched deep inside of me... I feel the closeness of your soul within mine..All of my body cries out for you...my heart burns out of control!

Every moment of every day I am so lost inside of you, that nothing else diminishes my dream.... I am haunted by your love captivated by it, so entranced that you are all I see!

All the troubles of the world pounding at my door but for you my love my heart sings for more!! I love you my love and need you so much my heart beats stronger for thee...

Wishing you closer then ever my love, to touch you right now would bring glee! Oh love forever and always my love, I love you my friend I do..don't you see!

My heart is aghast at the distance we feel, and the hurt that lies there so very real... but not like the love that burns deep within and wipes it away with a grin.......

I love you... I love you... I love you I do, is all that my heart seems to say... remember me darling the one who waits here with a dream of you for someday!!!!   Oh..... how I dream of someday.........

I love you so much, Kisses and touch, and smiles for you will I find. As I love you so deep,that my pain I must keep, hidden and far from our hearts... Missing you Darling, and loving so much.... Forever my love my heart sings for our touch.....

Oh.... How I love You!

Karen w.
« Last Edit: 15/06/2007 00:12:43 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 12/10/2006 08:53:11 »
My Headless Chicken!          

Making me dizzy with love , here you are!

Yearning so strongly for you from afar!

Hearing your sweet words fill me,through and through; Words of Joy,like I love you!

Ever pining away for you each day,Your love fills me up and takes me away!

Always remembering me kindly in all that I do, and knowing all the while how much I love you!

Dreaming a dream which must someday come true, my only dream is to be with you!

Lingering memories we make each day, keeping us closer together this way!

Enduring the trials and bumps and contusions, my love for you is not filled with illusions!

Sometimes it's hard to read the right meanings, but in the end we both know that we are not leaving...!

Singing our praises one for another, I am so lucky that you are my Lover!

Choosing to be in love from this distance is proof of love and it's very existence!

Honey I love you! You know that's so true, and yes my darling, I know you love me too!

Intertwined hearts oozing love all around, never getting so lost that we can not be found!

Clinging on our love to keep us both sane, and drawing on it to relieve life's pain...

Keeping it fresh and giving it life, our wonderful love carries us through thickest of strife!

Engaging in thoughts known only to us, our love is like good bread, with the perfect crust!

Never ending never dying, never losing this love, knowing always and forever it's Truly,True Love!

Karen W.
« Last Edit: 15/06/2007 00:04:58 by Karen W. »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 12/10/2006 14:40:03 »
Beautiful Karen, very beautiful

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 12/10/2006 19:05:13 »

Yes, beautiful Karen.

Love you lots

Helena xx

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 13/10/2006 03:41:37 »
Thank you both! Loretta, Are you going to add  a poem soon!! I am waiting!!! (TAPPING FOOT KNOWING SHE'S WRETCHING AT THE THOUGHT OF ALL MY MUSH, AND WONDERING WHAT KIND OF COUNTER BALANCE THIS WRITING NEEDS TO TIP THE SCALE THE OTHER WAY!!)
  George, You have any more you would like to share , as the last few nights have left me with not much  reading around here... I like yours too!
 What about You Ian, Daniel, Neil hows about some satire!
Lets not forget Hadrian, Sharp and riddled with good words..

Karen
« Last Edit: 19/10/2006 16:55:19 by Karen W. »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 13/10/2006 04:43:06 »
Uh, guilty...I think I must be mushed out as writing lately has been in a journal of brief accounts...nothing poetic to be inspired about unless I write about work...yuck!  LOL  I do that here!  I can copy a few of my short stories if you like...less than 4-5 paragraphs long

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 13/10/2006 06:07:58 »
YAAAAAY!! That would be Divine!! Post away, new material!  Yee Haw!!!!!

Karen
« Last Edit: 19/10/2006 16:54:35 by Karen W. »

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
« Reply #370 on: 17/10/2006 16:25:19 »
Just thought I would share my daydream with you all.

A while back I was walking along listening to a reborn modern classical piece on my discman when I reached the top of a hill I had to walk down. As I was doing so the sun fought through the dark, miserable rain cloud. As it did sun beams hit the watery patches on the ground and lit them up in a somewhat beautiful and awing manner. I was suddenly in a daydream, and at that moment I had taken a couple of hops and glided into the air, I flew down the hill and amongst the buildings. The feeling I had was overwhelming, a sense of freedom and joy, I wondered for a moment in my day dream, how Icarus felt when he and his father took to the sky, the moment when the foolishness entered his heart to fly higher, the foolishness in my heart when I awoke from my day dream. For a brief moment I was free, nothing to hold me back, nothing to stand in my way, to feel the wind on my face as I soared high up to the heavens. I realise now, it was my heart and soul, they are free and they continue to soar, and with that knowledge I can do anything.

-------------------------
Flying Monkey Slayer AKA The Big Cheese says:

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 17/10/2006 16:51:56 »
Daniel.. That is really very beautiful.. and somehow I know how that feels...Thanks for sharing your thoughts its been a long time.. I enjoy this....

Karen
« Last Edit: 17/10/2006 16:52:50 by Karen W. »

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
« Reply #372 on: 17/10/2006 16:57:52 »
Thank you sweetie. I was going to post it that day I had the dream but I forgot. I happened to be listening to the same piece of music today as I was walking down a hill, different hill this time, still wished I could fly though, especially at that point ;)

-------------------------
Flying Monkey Slayer AKA The Big Cheese says:

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 17/10/2006 19:25:04 »
Two strides

I saw him today
walking in the rain
rapped assortment
plastic bags of fame
white hair wet and wild
in disarray his eyes red
rimed in plain pain
we exchanged or not
our glance there set
I in self protection hid
He all out there for all

Ignored so we hop a dance
separately together again
unbounded matter he and I
sound of lips part and pop
a word deafens all
all chance all breath
but little one she
who pulls and tugs
my sleeve I wish gone
no donít  speak
in a voice
to loud to pure
to true

Why is that man so old and dirty?
Why is he wearing all that plastic?
Why does he look so sad and alone?

I shake off her fiery grip
brake suddenly free
man so you would to
why?
no two strides ran
why?
are ever the same
why?

Because
they are a gift

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 18/10/2006 06:57:12 »
ETERNAL HEARTS

Hearts are made of fragile glass!
They shatter and fall to pieces so fast!
Dreams of love and warmth so fine,
all shattered and broken with the passage of time..

Have I been a fool... and lost my mind, and
gave away my heart, and my soul, I can't find...? Love so strong,
and not wrong, and my heart keeps singing the same love song,
over and over again, I love you, I love you, I love you My Friend...

So many feelings are scattered about.. I'm so lost and alone I want to shout.. but only tears keep rolling out...
My lifes is like a joke, a mess indeed, and I can't even think and it's so very hard to breathe..

To say goodbye... I love you so! It's killing me, I know you know!
I need you safe and healthy too, I love you I love you , So please, please, don't be blue....Our dreams will keep me warm at night and I'll not be so scared in the morning light!!

My Heart is with you and you with me.. and there I shall keep it through all of eternity......Please don't fret and worry so.. Just know I say goodbye, but still I'm loving you so, and that is why I am letting you go..!

Karen
« Last Edit: 18/10/2006 07:01:58 by Karen W. »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #374 on: 18/10/2006 06:57:12 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums