The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Photonic Gravity  (Read 8226 times)

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Photonic Gravity
« on: 02/02/2009 22:37:46 »
Consider that mass is composed of photons as described in What is Mass. Each photon has associated with it positive and negative fields which cancel each other when the photons move in a straight line. The fields radiate from a center point of maximum amplitude as in the classic photon model. This center point always moves at the photon's  natural speed, the speed of light.

When trapped in resonant patterns to become mass, photons still radiate the fields. These fields radiate outward from a center point of each of the photons. Amplitude of the fields diminish as they move outward from the mass. The fields continue to move outward forever and travel at the speed of light. These fields cause gravity as shown below.

Max Planck showed in 1900 that photon energy is constant for any certain wave length of light. The wave length, however, is infinitely variable, smoothly over the full range of the electromagnetic field. These two facts make clear that the electromagnetic amplitude of a photon is always a certain value that does not change. If the amplitude did change it would need be a part of Planck's equation, and it is not. This simple fact is the cause of gravity as shown below.

Remember that Planck's Constant is a property of space. It represents the positive and negative amplitude limit of an electromagnetic disturbance in space, as shown in the above paragraph. No point in space can exceed this amplitude limit. Another fact leading to the cause of gravity.

A photon moving through radiated fields (photon flux) of other photons must then reach its positive and negative amplitude limits taking into account the existing photon flux. Because of this each photon's point of maximum amplitude is offset toward increasing field strength of the photon flux. That is the cause of gravity. It cannot possibly be otherwise

Massive objects, comprised as they are of field-radiating photons, must gravitate toward each other because of the saturation offset of photons. This is one way of looking at gravity in a photonic universe.
« Last Edit: 02/02/2009 22:40:34 by Vern »

Offline allien

• View Profile
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #1 on: 03/02/2009 12:32:49 »
newbielink:http://lighttheory.com/light/proposed.htm [nonactive]
Altough model is not good enough,I share the idea of particle acceptance for photon.

what do you think about photon particle? or you assuming it only wave?

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #2 on: 03/02/2009 13:12:04 »
http://lighttheory.com/light/proposed.htm
Altough model is not good enough,I share the idea of particle acceptance for photon.

what do you think about photon particle? or you assuming it only wave?

You have a nice web site. I can see the logic behind your view of the photon.

I view the photon as changing electric and magnetic fields only. 

One wave length consists of a positive and negative half cycle. Each half cycle contains one point where the electric and magnetic amplitude is saturated. The electric and magnetic amplitude of the saturated points is a universal constant of space. Planck's constant derives from this more-basic constant.
« Last Edit: 03/02/2009 13:18:51 by Vern »

Offline allien

• View Profile
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #3 on: 03/02/2009 13:36:46 »
oops.
this is not my web site,sorry for this.

I am only agree with the idea of the site.

Mine is complately out of standarts.  ;D

I used Mr. Urbina's site in my web page.
newbielink:http://www.zerretheory.com/index.php?sayfa=sayfa-goster&kitap=1&konu=9&s=2 [nonactive]

Anyway I also assume photon as particle origin as Mr. Urbina. 

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #4 on: 03/02/2009 14:22:18 »
Ok; I see your site is a nice put together site as well. I have a different view of the photon. The reason is that I have tried to create a self consistent hypothesis that describes this universe. Just to make it fun I threw in two primary postulates to restrict the speculation.

The primary postulates are:

(1) This universe consists only of unvarying space and time in which electric and magnetic forces operate.

(2) The physical laws of nature are universal, real, and can not be violated.

Now with such a tight restriction you would think it impossible to describe this universe in such a way that it is consistent with observations. But that is just what I did.

I limited the criteria for falsification to observations of any experiment anyone cares to perform or describe that is not consistent with the observations. For example  if one found themselves in this hypothetical universe is there any experiment that could tell them whether they were in that hypothetical universe or this one.
« Last Edit: 04/02/2009 16:14:10 by Vern »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #5 on: 14/03/2009 13:58:11 »
Let me see if I con condense the concept of electromagnetic gravity into one simple paragraph.

The phenomenon of gravity happens because photons attract each other. The mechanism of the attraction is the quantum nature of photons. The quantum nature of photons happens because two central points in photons must always reach electromagnetic saturation at a positive amplitude and a negative amplitude as they move through space. Fields from photons extend outward through space forever. These fields contribute toward the electromagnetic saturation of photons moving through them, thus causing a slight migration toward increasing field strength.

« Last Edit: 14/03/2009 14:07:25 by Vern »

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
  • http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #6 on: 11/04/2009 17:40:16 »
Consider that mass is composed of photons as described in What is Mass. Each photon has associated with it positive and negative fields which cancel each other when the photons move in a straight line. The fields radiate from a center point of maximum amplitude as in the classic photon model. This center point always moves at the photon's  natural speed, the speed of light.

When trapped in resonant patterns to become mass, photons still radiate the fields. These fields radiate outward from a center point of each of the photons. Amplitude of the fields diminish as they move outward from the mass. The fields continue to move outward forever and travel at the speed of light. These fields cause gravity as shown below.

Max Planck showed in 1900 that photon energy is constant for any certain wave length of light. The wave length, however, is infinitely variable, smoothly over the full range of the electromagnetic field. These two facts make clear that the electromagnetic amplitude of a photon is always a certain value that does not change. If the amplitude did change it would need be a part of Planck's equation, and it is not. This simple fact is the cause of gravity as shown below.

Remember that Planck's Constant is a property of space. It represents the positive and negative amplitude limit of an electromagnetic disturbance in space, as shown in the above paragraph. No point in space can exceed this amplitude limit. Another fact leading to the cause of gravity.

A photon moving through radiated fields (photon flux) of other photons must then reach its positive and negative amplitude limits taking into account the existing photon flux. Because of this each photon's point of maximum amplitude is offset toward increasing field strength of the photon flux. That is the cause of gravity. It cannot possibly be otherwise

Massive objects, comprised as they are of field-radiating photons, must gravitate toward each other because of the saturation offset of photons. This is one way of looking at gravity in a photonic universe.

Vern, i have a proposition for you.

Would you like to write a paper with me concerning the photon theory of matter and publish it? I will provide the allowances for publication, and you would obviously receieve awards from being a co-author. I feel this is a theory |(which i have known about for years)| that deserves the merit of more exploration.

Are you up for it?

Offline Mr. Scientist

• Neilep Level Member
  • http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&
    • View Profile
    • Time Theory
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #7 on: 11/12/2009 13:42:41 »
Vern -don't give up.

I often sit and try and reconcile your work to math. :)

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #8 on: 11/12/2009 18:50:10 »
Most of the math was done long ago by the likes of Poincare, Lorentz, Fitzgerald, and etc. Every one of the relativity phenomena that is correctly described by the Lorentz transforms fit the postulate that the final irreducible constituent of all physical reality is the electromagnetic field.

Yet; most physicists ignore that as if it is meaningless. I guess we don't believe probability theory when it interferes with our weird concepts.

Offline Nizzle

• Extropian by choice!
    • View Profile
    • Carnivorous Plants
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #9 on: 17/12/2009 10:33:15 »
I really wonder what counter arguments would be presented by string theorists to this model.
Obviously Occam's razor would tell us that this theory is more likely than String theories, so if it can't be debunked by the String theory community, they should stop fantasizing.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #10 on: 18/12/2009 12:16:13 »
One of the main reasons that Quantum Theory is philosophically unsound is that it violates Occums razor. 

Offline PhysBang

• View Profile
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #11 on: 18/12/2009 18:23:46 »
But actual scientists and modern philosophers of science don't really care about Occam's razor. They care about what the evidence can support. And quantum mechanics is crazily well supported.

If an alternative theory to quantum mechanics would be taken seriously, it has to demonstrate actual predictions and actual measurements. Too many people think they can throw around word salad as an alternative to the established science.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
    • Magnetic field model that enables overunity of electric systems
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #12 on: 19/12/2009 12:05:21 »
Hi Vern.  Not sure how you get a positive and negative charge in a photon?  I understood they were neutral?  This puts your second premise in conflict with fact, I would have thought.  I'm also not sure how quantum mechanics conflicts with Occam's razor.  I would have thought it complies - in every particular.  And finally I'm just not sure how you propose that photons form the basis of matter?  The more so as they are entirely neutral and never in a state of rest or static - as is seen to influence gross matter in a gravitational field.  You mention that they get into a kind of resonance?  Where is this evident?  Would love to know more about your thinking here.

« Last Edit: 19/12/2009 12:07:25 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
Photonic Gravity
« Reply #13 on: 20/12/2009 12:49:42 »
What is a photon? It is electric and magnetic change. What is electric and magnetic change? It is a change in the amplitude of a field of electric and magnetic force. Photons are neutral because they consist of two half cycles which are equal and opposite. The two half cycles balance each other to present a neutral charge. Bend the path of a photon, and the balance is disrupted, charge is then observed.

You mention that they get into a kind of resonance?  Where is this evident?  Would love to know more about your thinking here.
Not a kind of resonance; simply resonance. Resonance is experienced when an applied force helps something do what it is already doing.

A photon curled into a pattern finds resonance when front meets back in one wave length.

« Last Edit: 20/12/2009 12:55:15 by Vern »

The Naked Scientists Forum

Photonic Gravity
« Reply #13 on: 20/12/2009 12:49:42 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length