The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is magnetic field?  (Read 6054 times)

Offline Hei-Tai

• View Profile
What is magnetic field?
« on: 05/02/2009 19:26:30 »
:)

In pure emptyness there cannot exist anything.

Electric current flow through wire cause magnetic field round of wire.

I make question to my self;

If wire is in pure emptyness then,,,can magnetic field then exist?

I say,,,no,,then i ask what is magnetic field?

I think it must be matter thing?

I think also that atom-theory is not telling us that basic answer;
What is electric current and what is magnetic field.

So,,smaller particle exist,,i think,,and this smaller particle is that what is flowing and that is the electric current and magnetic field,,and it is the same matter-thing?

So i thought that magnetic field is;
Somekind of matter flow.

So i make question;
When electric current flow through wire can it be so that some matter-particles flow out,,,or fly out,,that cable to round it and that make magnetic field,,

i mean that magnetic field is same thing than electric current flow,,, same matter small part,,particle,,not electron,,i think that something smaller particle,,like light is.

Offline techmind

• Un-obfuscated
    • View Profile
    • techmind.org
What is magnetic field?
« Reply #1 on: 05/02/2009 21:48:22 »
Pure emptiness = vacuum, so no matter exists. But that doesn't rule out magnetism.

We can communicate by radio with spacecraft which are on the edges of our solar-system. So radio (which is electromagnetic waves) travels through deep space (extreme vacuum). Similarly the light from the sun (which is just much shorter wavelength electromagnetic waves) travels throgh vacuum.

Electric current flow through wire cause magnetic field round of wire.

I make question to my self;
If wire is in pure emptyness then,,,can magnetic field then exist?

I say,,,no,,then i ask what is magnetic field?
We made progress in science through doing experiments and finding out what actually happens. Simply saying "I think" is mere philosophy.

You can put a copper wire and a magnetic compass inside a vacuum jar, apply a current, and see the needle on the compass still move - exactly the same as it did in air before you applied the vacuum. A simple experiment that you could do in any undergrad lab. (and was probably done originally 150 years ago)

I think it must be matter thing?

So i thought that magnetic field is;
Somekind of matter flow.

No evidence of that whatsoever.

(I can never tell whether posters like this honestly just don't "get" science, or whether they're trolling!)

For me one of the best things about science is that experiment is the ultimate arbitrator. It works very well for all the basic principles of science.

I always enjoyed lab-practicals, many of the undergrad ones replicated "key" findings from previous centuries (and some people might say they were simple or dull) - but with hindsight they were really good at showing me how we really can "trust" the fundamental basis of todays physics, and how the key findings can be tested with relatively simple (and therefore trustworthy) equipment.
« Last Edit: 05/02/2009 22:01:28 by techmind »

Offline Hei-Tai

• View Profile
What is magnetic field?
« Reply #2 on: 07/02/2009 06:28:50 »
Pure emptiness = vacuum, so no matter exists. But that doesn't rule out magnetism.

We can communicate by radio with spacecraft which are on the edges of our solar-system. So radio (which is electromagnetic waves) travels through deep space (extreme vacuum).

How do we hmm. how i say,, see that magnetism exist?

We can see it example that radiowave-existing.

Radio-system has antenna which react when magnetic-wave comes to it.
Antenna is made by some kind of matter, material, example aluminium etc.
Antenna matter-consruction is and exist and magnetic-wave cause changes that construction.
(Theory,,,Or magnetic-wave-vibration push small particles through this antenna)

Other-wice transmitter-antenna make this vibration, waves.
How?
Material, mechanical antenna cause wave-vibration.

Radiowave is vibration-movement,,like i throw rock on the lake-water,,wave start to move on/in the water.

I mean that magnetic-things must be matter-movement process,,,and pure emptyness there is no any kind of matter and how then matter can make waves because there is no matter which can make field?

Water cannot make wave without water itself.

Therefore my opinion is clear;
Space is full of small matter-particle and therefore example.radiosignal can flow through it.

(theory; And this particle size is much smaller than our atom-theory thing of that electron -size is.)

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What is magnetic field?
« Reply #3 on: 07/02/2009 07:24:24 »

We can communicate by radio with spacecraft which are on the edges of our solar-system. So radio (which is electromagnetic waves) travels through deep space (extreme vacuum).

How do we hmm. how i say,, see that magnetism exist?

We can see it example that radiowave-existing.

Radio-system has antenna which react when magnetic-wave comes to it.
Antenna is made by some kind of matter, material, example aluminium etc.
Antenna matter-consruction is and exist and magnetic-wave cause changes that construction.
(Theory,,,Or magnetic-wave-vibration push small particles through this antenna)

Other-wice transmitter-antenna make this vibration, waves.
How?
Material, mechanical antenna cause wave-vibration.

Radiowave is vibration-movement,,like i throw rock on the lake-water,,wave start to move on/in the water.

I mean that magnetic-things must be matter-movement process,,,and pure emptyness there is no any kind of matter and how then matter can make waves because there is no matter which can make field?

Water cannot make wave without water itself.

Therefore my opinion is clear;
Space is full of small matter-particle and therefore example.radiosignal can flow through it.

(theory; And this particle size is much smaller than our atom-theory thing of that electron -size is.)

All of your reasonings start from the *assumption* that no field can exist in the void but needs matter particles. Then, of course you end up *demonstrating* that void consists of matter!  :)  But actually, you have neither demonstrated, nor suggested anything..., just postulated the existence of matter particles in the void. Then I would like to ask you: how do these particles interact with other particles? At the end of the story, you always have to admit the existence of some kind of field...
« Last Edit: 07/02/2009 07:29:11 by lightarrow »

Offline Hei-Tai

• View Profile
What is magnetic field?
« Reply #4 on: 07/02/2009 14:56:20 »
All of your reasonings start from the *assumption* that no field can exist in the void but needs matter particles. Then, of course you end up *demonstrating* that void consists of matter!  :)  But actually, you have neither demonstrated, nor suggested anything..., just postulated the existence of matter particles in the void. Then I would like to ask you: how do these particles interact with other particles? At the end of the story, you always have to admit the existence of some kind of field...
[/quote]
---

---
Then, of course you end up *demonstrating* that void consists of matter!
---

Hmm..if i understand your word right,,,that i says,,if you mean word void=space.

I think that pure emptyness, 0, void, cannot exist in the space.

---
Then I would like to ask you: how do these particles interact with other particles? At the end of the story, you always have to admit the existence of some kind of field...
---

Space born can was be few how i says, phase or step;

Steps.
1. Nothing exist, matter dont exist.
- Of cource no magnetic field because nothing not is and cause magnetic field.
- Nothing cannot goes anywhere.

2. Space is full of existing matter.
- Of cource matter-particles dont move and nothing dont happens,,,also magnetic field dont exist either.
- Something can goes, like space-vehicle.

Today.
Space exist, full of matter, matter particles, and these matter particles we can made example, radiosignal,. transmitter-receiver, antenna-circuits, etc. and radiowave-signal, magnetic field can exist.

I dont know is the today-situation was beeing timeless,,,i dont know if there was been phase 1 or 2..or how these particles interact and make planets, flowers, etc,,,,

but what i can and do know that i wrote;

Magnetic field cannot be or exist without matter itself.

And any kind of scientific method we cannot go to pure emptyness.

How simpple compass work?
My thought is that because earth rotate this small space-matter particles start to flow surface of earth-ball north-south and it is that material flow,,,and when we put in this flow example,iron needle which other head is different than other the needle turn sama direction like that magnetic field is.

Like wind push vane to that wind-direction.

My opinion is that earth magnetic-field is matter-wind and therefore it can turn compass-needle.

« Last Edit: 07/02/2009 14:59:58 by Hei-Tai »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
What is magnetic field?
« Reply #5 on: 09/02/2009 21:16:11 »
Maybe you should work up your Matter-Wind hypothesis and post it in the New Theories forum. It might get some play there :)

Offline Hei-Tai

• View Profile
What is magnetic field?
« Reply #6 on: 21/02/2009 06:01:07 »
Maybe you should work up your Matter-Wind hypothesis and post it in the New Theories forum. It might get some play there :)

I make the thread new-theoryes forum. There is collect both question,,,electricity and magnet field.

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=20402.0

The Naked Scientists Forum

What is magnetic field?
« Reply #6 on: 21/02/2009 06:01:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length