The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What causes Space and Time distortion ? Is it Gravitons ? (OR) due to mass ?  (Read 1689 times)

ScientificBoysClub

What causes Space and Time distortion ? Is it Gravitons ? (OR) due to mass ?

lol some say I am posting Troll questions really I am not ?? ... I am good guy not bad one !!? ??  ;D  ;)

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
What causes Space and Time distortion ? Is it Gravitons ? (OR) due to mass ?

lol some say I am posting Troll questions really I am not ?? ... I am good guy not bad one !!? ??  ;D  ;)

There are two ways to look at this. According to Einstein, the experience of one object when contemplating another object in relative motion, will be that the other object is distorted both in its physical shape and its experience of time. Einstein does not explain why this is so.

According Lorentz, who gave us the Lorentz transformations which we must use even if we adopt Einstein's view, any massive object must be distorted when it moves. Both the object's physical shape and the object's experience of the passage of time must be distorted.

H. Ziegler discussed the Lorentz view with Einstein in 1909. Ziegler postulated that the distortion that Lorentz described would result naturally in flat space-time if the most basic constituents of matter must always move at the invariant speed of light.

Einstein's view has become so popular that we must now consider the Lorentz view to be speculation. However I suspect the Lorentz view is the correct one. The Lorentz view is the basis for my Photonic Theory in the New Theories forum.
« Last Edit: 10/02/2009 15:48:17 by Vern »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums