The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Discuss: The Science of Love  (Read 5126 times)

Offline thedoc

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Discuss: The Science of Love
« on: 15/02/2009 16:54:02 »
On this week's Naked Science Love-in, we explore the science of love, bonding and sexual attraction.  We discover the molecules which mediate monogamy, how women advertise their fertility in the way they talk and why symmetry is so sexy.  We also hear about a new drug that could help heart failure patients to be more active, some surprisingly swift songbirds, and the latest advances against Alzheimer's.  Plus, in Kitchen Science, Ben and Dave make their own invisible ink to send secret letters!
Listen to this Show

If you want to discuss this show, or ask a question, this is the place to do it.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15/02/2009 17:33:04 »
This is not strictly true.

Chris did in fact send me a dozen roses and some chocolates and stood outside my house all night serenading me. Only an ASBO made him retreat. Poor fella....surely he knows I'm already taken !

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15/02/2009 23:16:57 »
The Actor John Barrymoore said that love is the brief moment between meeting a nice girl and finding out that she is starting to look like a trout.
My Mum said that love creeps up your back and knocks your hat off. She also said that there is a lid for every dustbin. I wonder if we sometimes get it wrong and marry a partner who is genetically incompatible. This perhaps would show up in a large number of miscarriages when trying to have children. Are we usually attracted to someone who is genetically compatible to keep our genes going and if so how?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 15/02/2009 23:16:57 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums