The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Sleep paralysis research  (Read 81628 times)

Offline cs_coolest

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep paralysis research
« Reply #100 on: 01/08/2006 13:20:55 »
Hello all,

I am just a ordinary guy with an ordinary life, But i've had these Sp for about 4 years now they come and go, but they seem to appear more often when i'm going to bed off hours. At first there was no telling when it would happen until i was having them, and then i had to fight to get up. But now i can sense it coming while i'm sleeping, so i try to get up right away, but it is very hard since there is this pressure on me trying to put me in SP and sometimes i cant fight it hard enough to get up and find myself awake but paralysed and then the pressure starts hurting like hell, i can be sometimes 5 to 10 min paralysed because i am usually on my side looking straight at my clock and i got to wait just for the right moment to shake it off so i can get up.

But my sharing today is this dream i had this week, i was dreaming of my familly and friends and there was this big get together and all of a sunden i saw this girl sitting on a chair by herself and looking at all of us talking, i went to her took a chair and sat beside her i looked in her eyes and said , "your the one who paralyses me , Right?"
and she answered yes. I looked around the room and no one could see her but me, and i woke up and found myself paralysed. And it had been a few weeks since i paralysed, i had no toughts about this when i went to sleep. Just Weird..

PS: sorry for the spelling i am french.

Offline Rhapsody

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 01/08/2006 23:33:08 »
My SP always seemed to be at 12:35 AM. I told my family if I died at that time, they would know why.

Offline cs_coolest

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 02/08/2006 02:02:09 »
I have a question to all of you that posted here. Are you all people with open mind about spiritual world and are you strong spiritually, because i dont know if having an open mind and strong spiritually creates a doorway for the other side to come to us and try to contact us or just play with our mind.

And as i read some posts i landed on one form dropkick_murphy who's talking about a spinning sensation that spun round and round, faster and faster And made me remember that when a was a child although his was before falling asleep mine was before waking up I always started seeing lots of colors spinning faster and faster until there was this big loud bang and i was waking up in cold sweats... but during the spinning i was awake but paralised, and that lasted a few years and i remember telling my folks about that but just didnt understood what i was talking about.
 And by the way i am a very open minded person about all this, always where and fascinated about the unknown.

Later everybody !!

Offline liltarap55

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 05/08/2006 06:54:11 »
I Googled SP a couple of months back after a particularly frightening episode, and have been randomly researching it since. This forum is by far the most reassuring places I've visited and I have read each of your posts!

My SP ALWAYS happens when I nap or accidentallly fall asleep at a non-bedtime time and I am almost always alone in the house (probably about 2 or 3 times a month). I never feel like I am TRULY asleep. The 'hallucinations' begin almost immediately when I feel myself falling asleep, and I can have MANY of them in the hour or so time period I am 'sleeping.' I normally hallucinate that I'm talking to a family member or my husband and that the situation is stressful or maybe there is danger, or of a presence that seems threatening. I always see the room exactly as it is when I fell asleep, so I am sure that I am at least partly awake when they're happening. The SP itself will strike after a hallucination and my whole body will be paralyzed. Most times I struggle for a moment and then I am pulled back down into another hallucination and the cycle starts all over again. It is SO hard to rouse yourself, to just get your eyes open and get out of bed and WAKE UP! Sometimes I will 'dream' that I get up and go into the living room or something like that, only to 'wake up' in bed and realize it never happened! And when I finally do actually wake up from an episode, I'm like a zombie; my brain feels fuzzy, my throat aches, my muscles ache and it's really hard to me to snap back to reality. The finger wiggle technique only works for me sometimes. At the worst of times, I will have paralyzation that lasts anywhere from 2 to about 4 minutes and there always seems to be a dangerous, life-threatening presence lurking just outside of my vision. I scream and yell, but garbled words and hoarse whispers are all that come out. I try to move my body and it takes everything I've got to mave a body part, and that still doesn't make me snap out of it. One time I actually raised one of my arms and it just stayed suspended there, which totally freaked me out. So I reached up with my other arm and grabbed my wrist. I was just laying there for like 2 whole minutes with my arms in the ait, silently screaming for my husband. It was very traumatic.

I really empathize with all of you and know the true terror that SP can cause. I truly hope you can all find something to help control or, OH JOY OF JOYS, completely eliminate these nasty episodes that can scar the mind. If any of you ever need to talk, feel free to e-mail me. Thanks for listening.

Offline Shaney

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 06/08/2006 21:44:55 »
Hi..I have had SP since a child (I'm 33)I go through times where I have them weekly or more often then I don't experience them for months. I haven't had one for a few months. The last one was the worst I have ever had. ...It started with me waking up and looking accross at my husband and I was suddenly 'dragged' away from him and 'something' started to beat me up. I could feel the blows but no pain at all. It seemed to last for ages but probably didn't. Usually I can get out of a SP by just staying calm and relaxed as I know it's not real but this time it was far too much to handle!
Another thing I want to mention: I also experience hallucinations without the paralysis but only at night! I have seen a v. big spider that changed into a v. big butterfly! and all sorts of things like fairies and once even a women handing me a book!!! These don't actually frighten me like the SP does.

"I'm not feeling very well, I need a doctor immediately. Ring the nearest golf course."
Groucho Marx

Offline cette_fille_est_dingue

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 06/08/2006 22:37:48 »
For some strange reason SP has been happening to me way to often for comfort. I've had it twice in the past week and just today i had it in the afternoon when i was taking a nap. I wanted to see if it would happen to me during the day time so i took a nap on my back because that's when it usually happens, and it happened. It was weird this time because I didn't feel an impending sense of doom as I usually do, just, I don't even know. But I felt my blanket slip and I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. Actually, I think i may have gotten them open just a little, but I felt all this pressure coming on to me. It was weird. Then I think it immediately went into a dream because I thought that I sat up and screamed, but no sound came up. Then it stopped and the blanket was definitely still on my body. It was quite odd. The time before that, I was too scared to go back to sleep and the weirdest thing was that once it stopped it went straight into a dream, that i knew was a dream (lucid dreaming?) and I was telling my friends that SP had just happened to me, but they wouldn't beleive me. Oh and to reply another thread, i too think i'm getting weaker with my SP and I don't understand why all of a sudden i'm having it so often because before this it only happened once or twice, say every 3 months since I was very young and i'm 16 right now.

Offline Thy Wraith

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 08/08/2006 23:54:38 »
I have finally altered SP!I have had it since i was 7 now im 21 but only until i was 18-19 i started getting it more often.I haven't really heard anything but once i had a SP episode and my Tv was on and the tv screen was like a purplish color it was strange but that is the only thing that has happened that was weird.Most the other times i wake up i notice whats goin on and just close my eyes and go back to sleep but I think what triggers my SP is when i lucid dream when i wake myself up from a dream i will have a SP moment and when that happens i just wake myself up as if i would in a dream but yesterday i slept in the day and i woke up in a SP mode and i thought to myself how i can have fun with this so i used my mind and I told my brain to move my right arm as high as i could,I concetrated on it for about 10 seconds and all of a sudden my arm raised! i was so happy so after that i woke myself up for a brief second just to go back to sleep and i closed my eyes again and about 3 minutes later i woke up in SP again so this time i actually tried to walk i just thought to myself of sleepwalkin but the thing is i was aware of it  i got as far as getting my feet on the ground and about to stand up but lost concentration when i stepped on a damn remote and i ended fallin on my face but even though my nose was bleedin from the fall i was still happy to actually do something with this experience i'm not sayin SP is the best feelin in the world but if u got the skills use them thats what i say because SP is all mind over matter so give it a shot don't be afraid that is the main reason i think people have alot of pressure on their chest and can't breathe is because they don't wanna be in that position and they don't know whats happening and begin to panic so some advice once you know your in SP relax and if you want to wake up and don't know how to lucid dream inhale really fast through your nose and try to jerk your head back and you should wake up fine but if i knew exactly how to activate SP at anytime when i sleep i would do it everyday just so i can have OBE's and a little fun hehe =)I hope this gives so advice to you all how to take this "Paranoid feeling" and have fun also

Money is like fertilizer,it's useless unless you spread it around

Offline fm47

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/usudanceparty
« Reply #107 on: 12/08/2006 11:14:43 »
Hello everyone--I've posted a few posts above and hope some of you have read it.

As I read each person's experience, I feel that the theories and perspectives will be too hard to be given at once.  So I will be working on an essay dedicated to Sleep Paralysis as I do believe that it may be catagorized, conqured (sp; excuse the pun), and enjoyed as an experience unable to have elsewise.

Please check back regularly and I will, given time, write a document based on what I believe SP is.

Offline Thy Wraith

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 14/08/2006 00:25:03 »
ok i gotta tell u all 1 thing that has happened to me once well i had a SP episode i was laying there trying to speak and i said something but it was as if i had a OBE the way it sounded like i heard what i said but it sounded like my voice was thrown  it's hard to explain ok say if u were speaking to someone and u hear urself speaking and u feel ur throat tingling when talkin well i didnt feel my throat but i heard what i was saying as if somone was saying what i said to me confusing yes but its the only way i could describe it also i wish i knew when my next SP episode will be so then i can get my camera and record what happens that will be interesting.....

Money is like fertilizer,it's useless unless you spread it around

Offline aero annie

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 20/08/2006 01:07:34 »
Hello, I, like a lot of you, recently found this thread while searching for sleep paralysis information. I'm 19 years old and usually have an SP experience once every two or three months. They must have started when I was around 15 or 16, though I also have a history of childhood night terrors. Anyway, I won't get into the specifics of my experiences because they're so much like what has already been posted, but I do have one question. Does anyone else find that when they're going to have a SP night, they wake up about 20 minutes after initally falling asleep, fall asleep again, wake up 20 minutes later, and repeat this cycle a few times before falling asleep for two or three hours, then waking up and not being able to move? That's how mine always happen and they usually only happen when I go to sleep early (I'm usually a bit of a night owl). I haven't seen this mentioned in any research--does this happen to anyone else?

Offline aero annie

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 20/08/2006 01:11:38 »
Oh, also, has anyone heard of "Kokma"? It's like the Old Hag theory, but Kokma is supposed to be a spirit of a dead baby that haunts the West Indies. This theory sticks with me because the first time I remember having an attack (I don't know what to call them) I was having a dream about a ghost baby, then woke up not being able to move and later read the story online. Like others have mentioned, I returned to that dream after falling back asleep just as I usually do. I hate it.

Offline KP

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 31/08/2006 23:09:41 »
I have had SP since I was a very young... I don't remember much when I was 3 or 4 years old, but I do remember experiencing SP around that age..  I recall going to bed and all of a sudden I couldn't move.. I then would hear a loud buzzing tone which vibrated throughout my head and I felt myself spinning around.. The louder  and more intense the tone was, the  faster I would feel myself spinning around.  I eventually would wake up and was terrified about what had just happened.. I thought I was dying or something..
       This would happen to me throughout the years as I got older...I'm now in my 30's and it still happens to me.. The way I usually get out of SP is I would try to move my finger...Eventually after a few minutes my finger would move and I would rapidly gain access to the rest of my muscles and I would wake up..This  technique has always worked for me..
       One night I decided not to be afraid anymore and go with  the SP experience... My muscles became paralyzed, I heard the high pitched buzzing noise in my head..(sounded like a musicians tuning fork), I felt the vibrations and I had the sensation of spinning around and around..I was relaxed, my breathing was slow and deep but I didn't try to move my finger to wake up...instead I went with it and do you want to know what happened?  Nothing!  I drifted off into a peaceful sleep..So there is no need to panic the next time this happens to you..I actually look foward to it happening because it's such a weird a different feeling..  hope this helps

Offline KP

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 31/08/2006 23:09:41 »
I have had SP since I was a very young... I don't remember much when I was 3 or 4 years old, but I do remember experiencing SP around that age..  I recall going to bed and all of a sudden I couldn't move.. I then would hear a loud buzzing tone which vibrated throughout my head and I felt myself spinning around.. The louder  and more intense the tone was, the  faster I would feel myself spinning around.  I eventually would wake up and was terrified about what had just happened.. I thought I was dying or something..
       This would happen to me throughout the years as I got older...I'm now in my 30's and it still happens to me.. The way I usually get out of SP is I would try to move my finger...Eventually after a few minutes my finger would move and I would rapidly gain access to the rest of my muscles and I would wake up..This  technique has always worked for me..
       One night I decided not to be afraid anymore and go with  the SP experience... My muscles became paralyzed, I heard the high pitched buzzing noise in my head..(sounded like a musicians tuning fork), I felt the vibrations and I had the sensation of spinning around and around..I was relaxed, my breathing was slow and deep but I didn't try to move my finger to wake up...instead I went with it and do you want to know what happened?  Nothing!  I drifted off into a peaceful sleep..So there is no need to panic the next time this happens to you..I actually look foward to it happening because it's such a weird a different feeling..  hope this helps

Offline terrytoh

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 03/09/2006 21:11:25 »
Seem like a few of you here enjoy the feeling of SP...[|)]
For me, I really afraid of it coming, sometimes it may get so intense that I nearly fainted. Sometimes it happens so many times in a single night that I can't sleep properly although I am so tired. I am not sure if SP only occurs during the night, does anyone here experienced in the day?
I hope that there will be in depth research into this disorder, whether it is supernatural or human health issue, we need an answer on why and how it happens.

Offline djalki

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 04/09/2006 18:48:58 »
Hi there, Im really happy I found this forum and its still alive and kicking!! Just awnted to share with you the strange happenings I have had which I now believe to be SP.

To start, when I was about 5 years old There used to be a "lady" who visited me while I was in bed, I remember like it was yesterday and not 18 years ago, anyway, cutting a long story short, she used to ask how my day was etc, and if i panicked, I would try to shoult i would feel my lips move but nothing was coming out and i was unable to move..Sleep paralysis at 4 / 5 years old? Possible unless my house was haunted..

Over the last 5 or 6 years ive had this feer of going to sleep for a few reasons,, reasons as bizzar as
*Just as im about to "sleep" (literally seconds probably from dozing off) I get the over whelming sence that I cant breath and i can feel its almost as if im being sucked into a hole in the ground.

*Ive never really been affraid or a believer of ghosts kinda person but since my so called "SP" happenings ive had this horrible sence of being watched, 1000000times more when im in bed, but it can happen if im sat in the same space for a while. Ill be in bed and then ill get scared for no reason and im still not sure if the reason i dont move is because i am too scared to or because i cant, or maybe tis even a mixture of the two. Its just a feeling that if i turn over then if i look back there will be some"thing" stood there, but I end up being so scared and fighting the panic that i have to get the energy and will to get up and put the light on, i can lye there for a good 15 minutes without moving for no reason, just petrified. << Is this also a kind of SP.. because its really scaring me :-(

There is also another thing maybe not connected that keeps happening only recently ive done a google search and cant find anything. Basically all it is, is when im half way to nod nod land ill get a major haullucination.. not one that you have your eyes open its one that i see with my eyes closed. If u can imagine having your eyes closed then a blue or yellow or red or ornage (i get differnt colors every time) its like a lightening strike that i can see in front of my eyes, well maybe nto as bright, more ilke a blue stream of electricity, or it is different colors, and when this happens I hear a loud click in my head, its not coming into my ears, its like listening to a mono song, it sound slike its right in the middle of my head and after that my ears ring like ive been shouted at or a trumpet has blown in my ear..

Can any one please help me find explainations to this, i want and need some answers because its all getting scary and im affraid to go to the doctors incase he thinks im nuts :'(

Thanks

Dan Hall
djalki@hotmail.co.uk

Offline Audrey Kavanagh

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 05/09/2006 15:22:05 »
Hi,

I just experienced another sleep paralysis last night and decided to look it up this morning. I didn't know what to expect to find on the net but am glad I found so much info, because I was really beginning to get worried about these sensations I've been having !!! Firstly I kept reading that this happens when lying on your back in bed and the feeling of someone sitting on your chest ?? But I'm the other way round....I'm always lying on my stomach, face to the side with the feeling of someone lying on top of me... and that tingling sensation, kinda like pins and needles but scary as if someone's feeling you all over ??? Allthough I was scared last night, it had happened maybe 3/4 times before so I knew it would pass...but still wanted to scream out to the girl I live with cos I could hear her outside my room...but couldn't open my mouth, I think that could be the scariest part of it !!

The first 2 times it happened, I thought it was a kind of a ghostly thing because my mother had recently died but I knew she wouldn't want to scare or harm me so then I just began to think it was a nightmare.
I'm really finding it interesting to read so much about it, one web page explains it as an outer body experience and that it should be embraced and not feared.....will definitely try to do so if it happens again !!

Thanks for sharing your stuff guys... I feel great now !

Offline princessbunny

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 13/09/2006 22:43:09 »
heya,

i suffered from SP last night, i can honeastly say i have never been so scared in my life im 22 and i recall it happening 6 times last night i didnt know what to do thankfully i have a friend stay last night so she sat up with me , even thinking about it make me scared, short of breath and cry.

i just remember everytime it happened feeling very awake i didnt notice at first then i tried to move my arm and i couldnt i remember my friend telling me about when it happened to her i i just tried to move something i tried toscream and nothing came out  and my chest started to get tight like it was being sat on  it was horrible. i never want it to happen again im so scared to go to sleep i just dont know what to do.

Offline Rhapsody

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 14/09/2006 19:00:50 »
princessbunny. Just reading your post I get emotional, I have been through that same thing for many years. I wish I had an answer. As I posted early that ever since I leave a lamp in the far corner of the room with a small 25 watt bulb on all night, I have not had the problem. I can't explain it but it has worked. It's worth a try.
« Last Edit: 14/09/2006 19:02:43 by Rhapsody »

Offline fm47

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 17/09/2006 08:58:04 »
a really good way to prevent sp for me is to turn on music with my computer and set my computer on an automatic shutdown... set it slightly over a time that you think you'd fall asleep.  Have it at 30 min if you must.  The point is to distract your mind before you fall asleep, meaning TV will also work.  Of course, you don't want any sound, or, as little as possible sound, while you sleep, so make sure it can be timed to shut off.  Gl

an on the note of that document i was planning to write... I've written a few things down, but havnt written everything yet with school and all so we'll have to see

Offline brandon

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 18/09/2006 15:35:51 »
Hello,
   my name is brandon, 34yrs old from the US.  i have had SP for as long as i could remember. i have been thinking for ever that i was the only one with this and thought that it was from taking to much LSD and POT. Or opening some spiritual can of worms from lying on my bed naked trying to astro project at about age 9.  Later in life, while on these hallucinogens (Spelling?) at around 19 yrs old to 21, i was able to meditate and go into this state of SP so as to reach "nirvana". the whole time i was able to speak.  i got so good at it that i was able to do it by just listening to trance, or rave music with no drugs.  and then i was able to just meditate with nothing else and "The Door" as i called it would open. each time it got more intense and what felt as "Going deeper".  After a while, i had it "come on" on accident while just sitting there. but not fully.  all of these i was not asleep at all.  At about 22 yeas old i became a christian. and i thought it would stop.   i was never able to fully project my body until one night.  i was lying on my bed and i was NOT asleep.  i have a hard time going asleep anyway.  i just read some book on christians getting rocked by demons and other weird stuff.  and the thought came to me... just the thought, i havenít tried to go out side my body for a while.. then zoom i was sitting up out side my body. i could hear this sound like you hear when you are yawning but more intense. like hearing your own blood coursing threw your veins. then the utter panicking terror hit me.  sheer utter terror. and a force so evil was in my room. then the blacker than black syrupy sticky evil demon thing started choking me.  i looked down and saw my body laying there. i could hear my heart beating. & the though came to me that i must get back in my body then the grip got tighter around my neck.  it started pulling me out of my body. i felt and believe it wanted my body to live in and was trying to "pull me out of the shell so this spiritual hermit crap could have his new shell... sorta speak"  there was a reason for him choking me.  there is a name that demons fear and that is higher than all other names which is Jesus.  i tried like CRAZY to speak Jesus help me to no avail.  Gutturally i got out the name Jesus only and then it was like snapping a rubber band.... slam! i was back in my body, gasped for air, started yelling and freaking out... ran to wake up my dad who used to be like some warlock, witch dude who used to give guided group tours with small groups of people...ASTRO PROJECTING!  freak! and one time while in another city they all "flew up to my city to check on my mom and she was giving me a cool bath in the sink because i had a fever.  he "flew" back and they got back in their bodies and all concurred that they all saw the same thing.  he called my mom and without her telling him what she was doing, he told her that i would be ok and what he saw.  she freaked out because she knew he was away and couldn't have known what she was doing...  weird eh...  any way  i knew my dad had experience with eccencar, or astro projecting.  so i woke him up and told him the happenings.  he calmed me down and revealed to me that our family had a generational ability to do this and it ( the SP episodes) is a door i discovered.  he said that it all was real and not a dream and he used it when he was younger to fly around and check stuff out and even as a leader of some group that would do it together.  he said once opening the door the feeling of fear would come, that was the devils tool.  he said if you give in to the fear, you would be given a feeling of nirvana and ecstasy or enlightenment.  but to be warned  that is the trick... kind of like bait.  if you give in to it he can come in and kick you out or rule over you or posses you.  so resist it!!! I know i know.. you are thinking what a fruit cake...bunch of loons.  any way being christians, we prayed that this "door" would be shut by God and that it would never be opened again.
   I wish i could say it worked.  It still haunts me.  i feel that there are demons waiting for me to slip up and go or slip out of my body so they can jump in.  i still have these "Doorway" SP episodes about once a month and some times twice or three times a day.  frozen like under a trance, not able to move any thing but my eyes. terror seizing me. cant even scream. weird blood rushing threw my head under pressure, all while awake just before falling asleep. or just watching tv.  if any of you are thinking of going out of their bodies... beware!!!  we donít know whets out there! i know we are curious and inquisitive creatures..  but trust me what worth is it to not be able to get back inside your own body while some trickster is at the steering wheel!?  and your just screwed!!!  
  any way...crazy world we live in. i have my own conclusions as to what medically SP is and isn't but no idea as to the cure. if any one can email me a cure for this or needs support or would like to talk about this email me at faithfulfive@juno.com    idiots and jerks along with spammers will be reported,   thanks brandon

Offline fm47

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 17/09/2006 08:58:04 »
a really good way to prevent sp for me is to turn on music with my computer and set my computer on an automatic shutdown... set it slightly over a time that you think you'd fall asleep.  Have it at 30 min if you must.  The point is to distract your mind before you fall asleep, meaning TV will also work.  Of course, you don't want any sound, or, as little as possible sound, while you sleep, so make sure it can be timed to shut off.  Gl

an on the note of that document i was planning to write... I've written a few things down, but havnt written everything yet with school and all so we'll have to see

Offline brandon

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 18/09/2006 15:35:51 »
Hello,
   my name is brandon, 34yrs old from the US.  i have had SP for as long as i could remember. i have been thinking for ever that i was the only one with this and thought that it was from taking to much LSD and POT. Or opening some spiritual can of worms from lying on my bed naked trying to astro project at about age 9.  Later in life, while on these hallucinogens (Spelling?) at around 19 yrs old to 21, i was able to meditate and go into this state of SP so as to reach "nirvana". the whole time i was able to speak.  i got so good at it that i was able to do it by just listening to trance, or rave music with no drugs.  and then i was able to just meditate with nothing else and "The Door" as i called it would open. each time it got more intense and what felt as "Going deeper".  After a while, i had it "come on" on accident while just sitting there. but not fully.  all of these i was not asleep at all.  At about 22 yeas old i became a christian. and i thought it would stop.   i was never able to fully project my body until one night.  i was lying on my bed and i was NOT asleep.  i have a hard time going asleep anyway.  i just read some book on christians getting rocked by demons and other weird stuff.  and the thought came to me... just the thought, i havenít tried to go out side my body for a while.. then zoom i was sitting up out side my body. i could hear this sound like you hear when you are yawning but more intense. like hearing your own blood coursing threw your veins. then the utter panicking terror hit me.  sheer utter terror. and a force so evil was in my room. then the blacker than black syrupy sticky evil demon thing started choking me.  i looked down and saw my body laying there. i could hear my heart beating. & the though came to me that i must get back in my body then the grip got tighter around my neck.  it started pulling me out of my body. i felt and believe it wanted my body to live in and was trying to "pull me out of the shell so this spiritual hermit crap could have his new shell... sorta speak"  there was a reason for him choking me.  there is a name that demons fear and that is higher than all other names which is Jesus.  i tried like CRAZY to speak Jesus help me to no avail.  Gutturally i got out the name Jesus only and then it was like snapping a rubber band.... slam! i was back in my body, gasped for air, started yelling and freaking out... ran to wake up my dad who used to be like some warlock, witch dude who used to give guided group tours with small groups of people...ASTRO PROJECTING!  freak! and one time while in another city they all "flew up to my city to check on my mom and she was giving me a cool bath in the sink because i had a fever.  he "flew" back and they got back in their bodies and all concurred that they all saw the same thing.  he called my mom and without her telling him what she was doing, he told her that i would be ok and what he saw.  she freaked out because she knew he was away and couldn't have known what she was doing...  weird eh...  any way  i knew my dad had experience with eccencar, or astro projecting.  so i woke him up and told him the happenings.  he calmed me down and revealed to me that our family had a generational ability to do this and it ( the SP episodes) is a door i discovered.  he said that it all was real and not a dream and he used it when he was younger to fly around and check stuff out and even as a leader of some group that would do it together.  he said once opening the door the feeling of fear would come, that was the devils tool.  he said if you give in to the fear, you would be given a feeling of nirvana and ecstasy or enlightenment.  but to be warned  that is the trick... kind of like bait.  if you give in to it he can come in and kick you out or rule over you or posses you.  so resist it!!! I know i know.. you are thinking what a fruit cake...bunch of loons.  any way being christians, we prayed that this "door" would be shut by God and that it would never be opened again.
   I wish i could say it worked.  It still haunts me.  i feel that there are demons waiting for me to slip up and go or slip out of my body so they can jump in.  i still have these "Doorway" SP episodes about once a month and some times twice or three times a day.  frozen like under a trance, not able to move any thing but my eyes. terror seizing me. cant even scream. weird blood rushing threw my head under pressure, all while awake just before falling asleep. or just watching tv.  if any of you are thinking of going out of their bodies... beware!!!  we donít know whets out there! i know we are curious and inquisitive creatures..  but trust me what worth is it to not be able to get back inside your own body while some trickster is at the steering wheel!?  and your just screwed!!!  
  any way...crazy world we live in. i have my own conclusions as to what medically SP is and isn't but no idea as to the cure. if any one can email me a cure for this or needs support or would like to talk about this email me at faithfulfive@juno.com    idiots and jerks along with spammers will be reported,   thanks brandon

Offline kimmer

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 20/09/2006 04:48:04 »
Hello.  This started happening to me years ago.  The occurrence is sometimes preceded by a loud banging noise while I am still awake.  Normally, I would jump up and check on a loud banging noise in my home in the middle of the night, but I immediately fall asleep.  Later, at some point, I feel as if I am wide awake and alert but I cannot move, only my eyes. I will see a black figure wearing a hat and overcoat -- it reminds me of those characters you see in the old Humphrey Bogart gangster movies -- but totally black, no features, with its hands in its pockets.  Even though I could not see a face, I got the impression it was just peering at me from my bedroom door. Another time I was vacationing in Ireland, and I woke up and an old white-haired lady in a long robe-like garment was standing at my bedside right by my head and was clacking two stones together.  I see other things too and call me a crackpot but I woke up and saw a grey creature like a human but only about 3 feet tall, large head, thin arms and huge eyes.  It looked surprised that I opened my eyes and looked at it.  It had four very long fingers and no thumb.  There were others in the room, too, standing to the side and back of it.  I finally refused to sleep at night and only sleep in the day.  It never happens in the daytime.  I did accidentlly fall asleep last night while it was dark and the same thing happened only when I opened my eyes I saw a large owl.  Sometimes if I can just move a finger or a toe I can come out of it but I have a very, very hard time staying awake when I do.  I feel like I have been drugged.  It's freaky. I wish I could overcome this problem.

Offline kimmer

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 20/09/2006 04:48:04 »
Hello.  This started happening to me years ago.  The occurrence is sometimes preceded by a loud banging noise while I am still awake.  Normally, I would jump up and check on a loud banging noise in my home in the middle of the night, but I immediately fall asleep.  Later, at some point, I feel as if I am wide awake and alert but I cannot move, only my eyes. I will see a black figure wearing a hat and overcoat -- it reminds me of those characters you see in the old Humphrey Bogart gangster movies -- but totally black, no features, with its hands in its pockets.  Even though I could not see a face, I got the impression it was just peering at me from my bedroom door. Another time I was vacationing in Ireland, and I woke up and an old white-haired lady in a long robe-like garment was standing at my bedside right by my head and was clacking two stones together.  I see other things too and call me a crackpot but I woke up and saw a grey creature like a human but only about 3 feet tall, large head, thin arms and huge eyes.  It looked surprised that I opened my eyes and looked at it.  It had four very long fingers and no thumb.  There were others in the room, too, standing to the side and back of it.  I finally refused to sleep at night and only sleep in the day.  It never happens in the daytime.  I did accidentlly fall asleep last night while it was dark and the same thing happened only when I opened my eyes I saw a large owl.  Sometimes if I can just move a finger or a toe I can come out of it but I have a very, very hard time staying awake when I do.  I feel like I have been drugged.  It's freaky. I wish I could overcome this problem.

Offline jaded_sad_girl

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 24/09/2006 01:53:03 »
THIS IS A LETTER I SENT TO THE WRITER OF AN ARTICLE ABOUT SP.IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING AND I DID NOT WANT TO RE-WRITE IT.

Subj: PLEASE READ THIS!(seriously please)about SP..  
Date: 9/23/2006 7:23:04 PM Central Daylight Time
To: slinkii@theshadowlands.net

Thank you so much for the page you wrote about SP. I have been an occasional sufferer for about 4 years now. I have been looking for somebody that has had this "SP" since my first attack, even consulted docters, but with no such luck. I have NEVER had a decent explanation until today. I am 21 and recently had a child. I noticed that I had more attacks durring pregnancy, and when my husband I were fighting than any other time. Also durring pregancy I was forced to sleep on my back often.I have always wondered about the relation of the supine position to the "paralyzing dreams".
       The two worst episodes were terrifying. The first horrible episode happened when I was taking an afternoon nap. I had not yet fallen asleep , or so I thought. The paralyzing sensation came over me. All of a sudden I saw a hand coming at me.(This would be the ONLY hallucination that I actually saw something THAT WASNT REAL, and not just felt the presence)The hand looked grey and dead, and was not attatched to any sort of body. It was just  floating there. I regained movement and the hand dissapeared. I continued to try to sleep but everytime I tried the SP would start again..Oddly enough if i caught it on time I could stop it from completely paralyzing me. I would only "start" to become tingly. weird eh? Well I just decided to lay on my side after that.It worked. But that was one of the scariest things I have ever seen. It seemed so real..
       The second scariest encounter with SP happened at night. I was sleeping next to Ryan and all of a sudden I was paralyzed again. I was awake I could SEE the alarm clock. It said 2:55 a.m. I started floating , for some reason I could still see Ryan too. He sat up and gave me a horrified look. I was so scared. SO SCARED. Then i started thinking, why doesnt he help me. I was able to move again shortly after. I slapped the hell out of Ryan saying "why didnt you help me?" He said he had been sleeping the whole time. I looked at the clock and it said 2:59 a.m..After the dream I couldnt seem to catch my breath. I kept falling down when I tried to walk. Ryan took me to the docter. They said my blood pressure was dangerously low.They kept me in the hospital until I was regular again. THE Frea  kin DOCTER TOLD ME IT WAS AN "ANXIETY ATTACK"  I know it wasnt. I dont know how I knew. I just did. I was pissed off.
       My first experience with SP was the most insane one though. Not quite as scary for me at the time because I had no idea what it was..I was laying in bed..not sleeping just laying down.All of a sudden I felt this numbness come over me. I could barely move , but i still could a little bit. But It felt like I was "almost paralyzed" and I had a falling feeling in my stomache. I thought It was fun oddly enough.AND I COULD CONTROL IT WITH MY MIND. So i closed my eyes and started thinking about a roller coster. It was so out of this world.When i closed my eyes and thought about the roller coster, I was there , I could feel It , See it , Hear it.Its like I really was on a roller coaster ride. When I felt like I was about to loose control of the dream Or that it was getting way too intense , I could use my mind to bring me out of it.I repeated this  a few times. It was actually amusing me. Sadly that was the only SP occurance that I have been able to control. THE ONLY ONE. All the SP occurances after that were impossible to control. I always fought them but it never worked.Whn I read your article it made me think about my first experience..If there is a way to contol SP,god knows what we could do with it.....

Anyways you are the first person that I have met that has suffered from SP.I thought i would tell you about my most bizzare bouts of SP. Until today I thought I was freakin crazy

sincerly
amanda

ducky7766@aol.com
my main email

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #124 on: 24/09/2006 01:53:03 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums